New Unit: Wizard

Can anyone remove the civ-specific colors, please? I'm not able to do it... it always looks screwed up in the game while looking perfect in FLICster or Civ3FlcEdit. I'd like to use this unit as Gandalf the Grey in a new LotR-Mod...

Thx!!!

NittakuPong said:
Can anyone remove the civ-specific colors, please? I'm not able to do it... it always looks screwed up in the game while looking perfect in FLICster or Civ3FlcEdit. I'd like to use this unit as Gandalf the Grey in a new LotR-Mod...

Thx!!!

Just what we need. Another Lord of The Rings Mod. One is enough.

@Goldie

What's your problem? Yes, it's good to tell newbies that there is a large LOTR modding project going on and they may want to check it out, but don't put people's plans down. If he wants to make a new LOTR mod, it's his right to do so and it shouldn't affect you in any way.

NittakuPong said:

Thx!!!
Here's the Gandalf version, enjoy. :)

How is this made?

1. Extract all FLCs as storybord PCX files (Flicster or Civ3FlcEdit)
2. Load the PCX into Paint Shop Pro 8 or 9
3. Save the palette (Image/Palette/Save Palette...)
4. Press 'Ctrl+Shif+0' (Increase to 16 million colors)
5. Press 'Shift + H' (Hue/Saturation/Lightness)
-> Edit -> Cyans -> Saturation = -100
-> Edit -> Blues -> Saturation = -100
-> OK
6. 'Shift+o' (Load Palette)
-> Select the palette from 3.
-> Select Nearest color matching
-> Load
7. Save
8. Use Flicster or Civ3FlcEdit to build the new FLC

Thats great, thx! But how can I use it as an Army unit? It still looks ugly in the game with every civ color...

NittakuPong said:
Thats great, thx! But how can I use it as an Army unit? It still looks ugly in the game with every civ color...
You should have said you wanted it for an army unit before Aluminium went to all that trouble for you. :rolleyes:

I'm sorry... but I didn't know of that problem with civ color and Army units... :(
Is there a way to fix it, or is it impossible to use Army units without civ color?

As far as I understand it the game reads the palette in a specific way when you flag the unit with the army flag. This means you have to mod the palette in some way.
Welcome to CFC BTW. :)

NittakuPong said:
I'm sorry... but I didn't know of that problem with civ color and Army units... :(
Is there a way to fix it, or is it impossible to use Army units without civ color?
Like mrtn said, army units have a specific palette. The Civ-color doesn't matter.

Here is the palette for the wizard as army. First, apply 'Wizard_Army_1.pal' then 'Wizard_Army_2.pal'. The second palette is the army-specific palette. This procedure prevents that army-specific colors appears in the unit.

Top Bottom