New unit: Wood-elf Treeman (Mar 14th, 2005)

aaglo

Furioso!
Hi!

Here's one more for the giant series - A wood-elf treeman from the Warhammer fantasy (it is NOT an ent from the Lord of the Rings). They are big & tough dudes. There are only four animations included: default, run, attack & death. There are a few reasons why I didn't include fidget, fortify & victory anims:
1. it's an animated tree, and making it fidget or celebrate victory would be a bit pointless & silly, because it's still a tree :p
2. the file is big enough I think :p

Enjoy :)

Here is some civilopedia taken from the games workshop website.
With their massive trunk-like legs and thick branching arms, Treemen look like great trees with their clawed feet spreading like roots into the ground. In battle, Treemen use their immense bulk and powerrful limbs to smash anything that stands in their path.

Here are the files:
Treeman

UPDATE!
Here is a Treeman Plant animation
The preview is here

Attached are previews of the attack animation and alternate civilopedia image.

Attachments

• TreemanCivilop2.gif
    TreemanCivilop2.gif
    24.2 KB · Views: 1,244
  • TreemanDemo.gif
    TreemanDemo.gif
    33.1 KB · Views: 1,971
I really like the way it turned out. Excellent look, amazing modelling and great animations.

One of my all time favorite units.

I don't know what's cooler, the giant tree monster or the guy who quoted Wittgenstein in this thread! :D

The Capitalist said:
Wow! alot better than the ent unit.good job!
have u ever thought of making Skavens?
:lol:
well, thanks :) - it's not better for an ent, but propably better for wh-mod (or maybe not, who knows).

that second part is the funny one :p - it's almost as funny as sayin "nice haircut, man! what's for dinner?" ;) :p
yes, I have thought of making skavens. the conclusion of that thougt was "no, I won't".
Why, you may ask. My reply to that question would propably be: "don't ask". Or: "The skaven just do not inspire me at all, because they are ugly in an ugly way" :D.

The Capitalist said:
Wow! alot better than the ent unit.good job!
have u ever thought of making Skavens?
To treat someone well when he does not like u,you need to be not only very good-natured,but very tactfull too.
-Ludwig Wittgenstein

How amusing a tactless message talking about tact.

Again, another great unit aaglo!

Hooray, it's great!

P.S. What's for dinner/ please do a smaller version for a dryad ;)

Simply amazing

you say this is not an ent so I will take your word for it, but the creator of warhammer must have borrowed a lot of ideas from tolkien (elves, orcs, dwarves, treemen) am I wrong?

Hmm. First of all aaglo. I like to say that i was being sincere about my appreciation of u your work and please if your willing to accept my gratitude next time i give u praise,dont give me a cynical response.I am humble but not a flatterer.

Second is the response on the Bjornlo quote "How amusing a tactless message talking about a tact" ....? My question is that how do u go on life constructing sentences that only u can make sense out of and nobody else understand it? Unless you are some University logician trying to make sense in a sentence of saying "Nobody know anybody". My advice to u is to think before u type.Ambiguity after you make an grammatical error can be quite contagious.

I don't think I was cynical. Or was I?
I certainly didn't think that you were not sincere. All I said, that this would propably be better treeman-graphic than the ent WH-mod has been using (since there were no other graphics that would suit well for the job - and now there is atleast this option).

Cheers.

The Capitalist said:
Bjornlo quote "How amusing a tactless message talking about a tact" ....? My question is that how do u go on life constructing sentences that only u can make sense out of and nobody else understand it? Unless you are some University logician trying to make sense in a sentence of saying "Nobody know anybody". My advice to u is to think before u type.Ambiguity after you make an grammatical error can be quite contagious.

What are you talking about? What does my education have to do with your manners (or lack there of)? "Nobody know anybody"??
Could your either refrain from posting personal attacks or at least be use english when you do.

Too late. Busted. :nono:

Well I think the unit is awesome and fits the treants of D&D more than the old ent did. Great work aaglo.

Top Bottom