New unit: Wood-elf Treeman (Mar 14th, 2005)

Sigh... Well it look like another case of miscommunication and it look like i have to do away this nonsense.

Aaglo, i am sincere of what i have just said a day ago and if u were not being cynical in your response then i will take a leap of faith that you are telling me the truth. So i apologize for any inconveniences that i have burden you with.

Bjornlo. I am deeply sorry for my so-called personal attack, i was only reacting to the statement that u made regarding the quote that i [and deeply regret that i did] uttered.

And last but not least
Turner 727. I dont think that was necessary of u giving me a warning on "Flaming", i was not at all flaming,i dont even think it was a contemptous letter at all. We are all adults here,and dont need a thought police or a high school hall monitor to say what should be uttered and what is not.
Maybe u should change your name to 'Patron Saint' of politacal correctness.

Moderator Action: Yes, that was flaming. At the very least it's trolling, another offense.

And your last post goes against the rules of Public Discussion of Moderator Actions. It clearly states in the rules that if you have a problem with a moderator action, to PM said moderator. I also don't appreciate your remark about 'Patron Saint of Political Correctness.' And while we're at it, comparing me to a high school hall monitor would be against the rules of respect for moderator authority.

3 day ban.

Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

Very cool and well-animated unit, aaglo! :) May I request a Dryad?

Aaglo this one is simply awesome. Your fantasy units before this (like nearly a hundred units before this) have all been very well done (hence the positive feedback) but this one is truly astounding.

The animation as usual is very accurate, the idea of the unit is very cool and well needed (I know there was an Ent unit, but this gives some variety) and the design isn't just good its flawless. Being a huge fan of Ents and that whole sequence in the Lord of the Rings were they kick Saruman into the next universe I find this Ent-ish unit of yours the best addition to these forums in quite a while.

You get three smiley-thumbs-up for this one!

:goodjob: :thumbsup: :goodjob:

No way! That kicks ass! :D

Weasel Op said:
I hate to ask, being on LOTM team, but why exactly is it not an Ent?
Great unit regardless. :thumbsup:
Because an Ent is a huge walking tree, while a Treeman is a ... huge walking tree... :scan:

Are ents walking trees? I always thought they were another race, that just looked like trees.

But if its made of wood, and it floats, it must be.....an Ent ot Treemnan!! :D

Sorry, couldn't resist.

There are a few reasons why I didn't include fidget, fortify & victory anims:
1. it's an animated tree, and making it fidget or celebrate victory would be a bit pointless & silly, because it's still a tree

Not to pick on a excellent unit, but your comments about trees are very animalcentric. :)

Wouldn't the "fidget" for a tree be its leaves blowing in the wind? Also, to put forward a hokey idea, the celebrate for a tree could be growing fruit?

There is also the Gakarak in D&D that is a more powerful version of an ent. It can shoot thorns. ;)

Attachments

• TreemanPlantDemo.gif
    TreemanPlantDemo.gif
    35.3 KB · Views: 329
Top Bottom