New Units: HazMat Workers October 30, 2014

Vuldacon

Dedicated to Excellence
Supporter
Winner of the October 2014 Unit of the Month Contest :trophy:
Are you getting "steamed" at your enemies? If so these HazMat Units will allow you to directly Steam your enemies in return with their Powerful Steam Guns. They also clean pollution better than any average unit :)

The HazMat Worker and Jake are both the same Units with differently Colored Suits. I needed Jake as another one of a kind Unit to rescue in EFZI2 Complete and I needed the HazMat Workers that are auto-produced from the New HazMat Office.

Because some units have Ranged Attack settings and others do not, the Attack B flcs use a "Happy Medium" concerning exactly hitting Units
...AttackB is also used to Clean Pollution.

...and Yes, the Gun is actually a Hand Held Flamethrower...Modified by the EPA and developed as a Powerful Steam Gun :lol:

I hope others can use the Units.

HazMat Worker:

Included Files:
HazMatDefault.flc
HazMatRun.flc
HazMatFortify.flc
HazMatFidget.flc
HazMatAttackA.flc
HazMatAttackB.flc
HazMatDeath.flc
HazMatVictory.flc

Sounds:
HazMatAttackA.wav
HazMatAttackB.wav
HazMatRun.wav
HazMatFortify.wav
HazMatFidget.wav
HazMatDeath.wav
HazMatVictory.wav

HazMatWorkerLarge.pcx, HazMatWorkerSmall.pcx
HazMatWorker_units_32.pcx
Alternate Civilopedia Images with different colored backgrounds.
Adjusted .INI File

Game Tested

You can download the HazMat Worker Zip file Here

Jake:

Included Files:
JakeDefault.flc
JakeRun.flc
JakeFortify.flc
JakeFidget.flc
JakeAttackA.flc
JakeAttackB.flc
JakeDeath.flc
JakeVictory.flc

Sounds:
JakeAttackA.wav
JakeAttackB.wav
JakeRun.wav
JakeFortify.wav
JakeFidget.wav
JakeDeath.wav
JakeVictory.wav

JakeLarge.pcx, JakeSmall.pcx
Jake_units_32.pcx
Alternate Civilopedia Images with different colored backgrounds.
Adjusted .INI File

Game Tested

You can download the Jake Zip file Here

HazMat Worker and Jake Previews:
Note that the animations use different flc speeds that cannot be shown when placed all together on a gif file at the same speed... they are better in game.
Default-Run-Default-Fidget-Default-Fortify-AttackA-AttackB-Victory-Default-Fortify-AttackA-AttackB-Death

Last edited:
Another release of EFZI? I like it. And new units are great though I would prefer a flame attack.
Lionic... Yes, Before the end of this year and perhaps by next Month.
HazMat Workers don't use Flames to Clean Pollution. There was one guy that tried that but the Flames reacted with some explosive Chemicals and he was "Fired" :D

Jerry'sGoldfish, Thanks

Wow! Great! :goodjob::)

I love this unit. The unit itself is first-class in both design and rendering, and the smoke/vapor effect demonstrates again complete mastery of the smoke palette.* Another thing I like about it is its versatility - done in such a way that it would be at home in any industrial-modern scenario, and even has steampunk possibilities..

*If you aren't familiar with Vuldacon's mastery of shade/smoke effects, I invite you to see his Tardis (2009) for an eye-popping demonstration.

I love this unit. The unit itself is first-class in both design and rendering, and the smoke/vapor effect demonstrates again complete mastery of the smoke palette.* Another thing I like about it is its versatility - done in such a way that it would be at home in any industrial-modern scenario, and even has steampunk possibilities..

I don't know how I missed this one - :goodjob:

-:)z

These are great units. I'd like to use them for my mod WROL Plague Edition. I don't know the ordinary procedure, if units released into the database can be automatically included in other mods, or if each unit used must have permission. I'd also like to use your War Balloon too. Due to lack of airplane fuel, it's a likely way surveillance and explosive ordinance might be crudely dropped over targets.

In my mod which is post-apocalyptic, since propane would be very difficult to acquire, they probably operate on methane gas from biodigestors from scraps and human solid waste, a genuine way methane is produced across the world on small scale homesteads.

I'm a huge fan of your work. I've been a lurker on the forum on and off over a decade.

The only other kind of flammable gas I can think of in a post-apocaplyptic world, one that could be created as a fuel source, would be wood-gas. It's the gas released from controlled starved fires from hard woods. It's the process for making charcoal, but in history it was used to run automobiles prior to gasoline (petrol). It was used in wartime as well.

Crackerbox... Yes, If a unit is in uploaded to the Database you can use it in your MOD.
You are certainly welcome to use anything I have uploaded in your MODs... and thanks for your kind appreciation :) Most members would simply like to be given credit for their work when it is used. That can easily be accomplished with a simple Read Me file giving credit to them.

Generally speaking, if someone Uploads their work to the Database, it is intended for others to use... we all share our work here and that is what has allowed many great MODS to be made that we can all enjoy. We are a long term Creative Community and appreciate all works from each member.

... and Welcome to CivFanatics. Looking forward to your MOD and anything else you care to share.

"Burn,Burn em all"

the detail in that fire/smoke is just awesome. Very amazing units, you created there Vuldacon.
Thanks for creating em.

Crackerbox... Yes, If a unit is in uploaded to the Database you can use it in your MOD.
You are certainly welcome to use anything I have uploaded in your MODs... and thanks for your kind appreciation :) Most members would simply like to be given credit for their work when it is used. That can easily be accomplished with a simple Read Me file giving credit to them.

Generally speaking, if someone Uploads their work to the Database, it is intended for others to use... we all share our work here and that is what has allowed many great MODS to be made that we can all enjoy. We are a long term Creative Community and appreciate all works from each member.

... and Welcome to CivFanatics. Looking forward to your MOD and anything else you care to share.

Thanks so much. That's a very magnanimous attitude and is extremely encouraging! So I wonder if it's irritating that I've been asking people for each little thing? Maybe I should only send one overall post for several instead.

Some things like tech trees and their civipedia entries could be cloned into my mod or slightly altered, and thus reduce over 90% of the work. My goal is to release something fun and educational with replayability and in a SHORT time versus trying to get a mod to be perfectly thematic, which ends up with division of labor and waiting on mod team members to get their delegated tasks completed.

Crackerbox... It is always a good idea to ask individuals for permission to use their work and especially if you want to do so extensively.

Uploaded Units, Resources, pcx files, etc are there for use but if you want to copy major parts of an entire game it would be best to ask for permission.

...and certainly always give credit for the work you use.

Top Bottom