new update just released

What does this mean!?!?!?!!?!
Since they didn't specified which Korea then I guess Firaxis believes unification is imminent. Whether it's by consent or conquest remains to be seen. Irradiated waters near the Fukushima power plant covertly serves the purpose of waking up Godzilla from his sleep in order to assist their South Korean allies in their potential war effort. This is all highly speculative of course.

V1221 Files updated.

Both executables as usual, IncaModels & Upgrade1Textures FPKs.

And the whole bunch of LUA & XML below;
CityView.lua
CivilopediaScreen.lua
EnemyUnitPanel.lua
FrontEnd.lua
GameMenu.lua +XML
GenericWorldAnchor.lua
HallOfFame.lua
InfoCorner.lua +XML
InstalledPanel.lua +XML
LoadScreen.lua
LoadTutorial.lua
OnlinePanel.lua + XML
SelectMapType.lua
SocialPolicyPopup.lua +XML
TradeLogic.lua
UniqueBonuses.lua
WorldView.lua
CIV5AICityStrategies.xml
CIV5AIMilitaryStrategies.xml
CIV5Builds.xml
CIV5Concepts.xml
CIV5MultiUnitFormations.xml
CIV5Resources.xml
CIV5Traits.xml
CIV5Units.xml
CivilopediaScreen.xml :)

And, the Korean wmv.

PS; And after verifications... some of the above files were exactly the same as in v1217. What are they trying to do? Stamp a fake date on anything just to pretend an "Update" actually adds real features?

At least they turned off that irratating notice on the start page that a new DLC is avaliable.

At least they turned off that irratating notice on the start page that a new DLC is avaliable.

Good. I was wondering if that was a bug - I'd already bought the Polynesian DLC.

Like said in the other thread, you can now probably guess what notice you'll get next...

btw, is the korean.wmv encrypted?

I too would like to know if we can see what it says / listen to it. Filepath, even?

Can someone explain, in 30 words or less, what the patch does?

The patch ads support for people who speak Korean. This means they translated all the text in the game into Korean so Koreans can play.

So will they be free like Mongols?

I doubt it. I get the feeling that the Mongols were always intended to be in the base game and were either a gesture of goodwill, or were near completion when the game had to go gold (meaning the master DVD from which the copies are made, was printed - after this you can't add anything else to the DVD unless it's in patches later on). Ie: The Mongols were nearly ready when the game went to print, Firaxis always meant for them to be in Vanilla Civ5 so they added them for free.

I'm not a big DLC hater like some, but I don't expect things for free. I wouldn't be surprised if they either released a new Korean DLC, included Korea as a bonus for a GOTY edition, or both, and then we didn't get any more DLC until an expansion after which there would be more DLC until a second expansion and then some more DLC before a final "complete" edition.

Top Bottom