New Version - June 14th (6/14)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow ! I had just finished a game yesterday and thought "let's wait for the next update to play another." And here it is ! Great, thanks a lot :)

What is the advantage of double trade route movement? Does it just mean you get the option to choose a different trade route sooner?
As far as I know, the yields from trade routes are per turn, and not per route completed or distance travelled. Meaning you won't really gain anything from the trade unit moving faster. Aside from being able to choose if it changes route sooner.
Is this correct or am I getting it wrong?

I can see the benefits of getting the option to choose route sooner (may be a more profitable route available) but I was wondering if I'm missing something else.
Ta,

What is the advantage of double trade route movement? Does it just mean you get the option to choose a different trade route sooner?

Yes, as well as a way bigger chance of the route getting plundered, more movement means a bigger risk of running into a stray barbarian.

-Looked at Korean overflow issue, fixed scaler bug

Will this fix affect the Korean science boost on marathon speed?

As far as I know, the yields from trade routes are per turn, and not per route completed or distance travelled. Meaning you won't really gain anything from the trade unit moving faster. Aside from being able to choose if it changes route sooner.
Is this correct or am I getting it wrong?

I can see the benefits of getting the option to choose route sooner (may be a more profitable route available) but I was wondering if I'm missing something else.
Ta,

Tourism boost.

I feel like my post in the Win Rate thread is partially responsible for the significant Carthage nerf. And it is true, I was pretty close to a runaway on the Marathon version of Deity. There were some other good circumstances, but then, there other good circumstances in my second Deity game and I still got stomped by Askia (as Sulie). I feel bad tho. Sorry Dido!

That said, I do think maybe its too much with the gold decrease? I mean it is a much much later building, and now the Great Lighthouse is somewhat less desirable too.

Excited to try out Denmark now tho!

Edit: plus the Cothon still boosts Harbors, so its also minus 3 production in every coastal city after Compass until the city can build the Harbor

Edit: plus the Cothon still boosts Harbors, so its also minus 3 production in every coastal city after Compass until the city can build the Harbor

You mean after Currency? Or did the old +3 production only work after you had researched compass? Either way it is a pretty big nerf.

You mean after Currency? Or did the old +3 production only work after you had researched compass? Either way it is a pretty big nerf.

I did yes. I originally had from Currency to Compass, but deleted the wrong one when I switched to the build harbors phrasing.

Big thanks, as always, to everyone who contributed to this latest release.
Especially looking forward to seeing those Corporations icons!

I think the Lighthouse connection thing has been a long time coming, ever since Isolation unhappiness, it has felt quite difficult to settle islands.

p.s. I'll compile the beta notes if no one has started yet

Just installed the 6/14 version having prepared my folder by deleting the folders I am supposed to delete. I then ran the .exe file to install the new version and I am no longer getting happiness information on the left side in the city screen nor when I hover over the city name in the city screen. I have been running the mod without issue in previous versions.

I will try to reinstall the mod to see if it works next time.

This is most welcome. Specially bugfixes (we needed an updated alpha version) and corporations seem more focused to what they serve for.

Still no attempt to balance culture/cultural victories. But probably this is best left for next betas.

I bumped GW culture to +2. That's my fix.

Just installed the 6/14 version having prepared my folder by deleting the folders I am supposed to delete. I then ran the .exe file to install the new version and I am no longer getting happiness information on the left side in the city screen nor when I hover over the city name in the city screen. I have been running the mod without issue in previous versions.

I will try to reinstall the mod to see if it works next time.

...So I uninstalled v6/14 and reinstalled v5/21 and happiness is back, so not sure what is wrong with my install of v6/14. Is there a way to manually download the files rather than using the .exe?

Just installed the this version. Having the same problem that Glidergun is having. Tech tree doesn't look as it should and can't scroll across, and the game will always crash after pressing the next turn button on turn 2/3.

Only mods I have active are the CBP files, More Luxuries and R.E.D Modpack.

Aw, was just too good to be true. Crashing at the beginning of the game, like others... Here's hoping the problem is a simple one.

Can't wait to test the changes. I saw that you also changed the icons of the Bushido virtues promotions, thanks a lot!

Though it's early to say, perheaps Carthage's UA could still provide free Harbors with an additional "and can be used for city connection", similar to how Iroquois can use forest/jungle tiles for land city connections. I may try them later to see if the lighthouse is really a problem for them.

Interesting "issue" I'm running into: Enemy civilization's units seem to be able to perpetually retreat from melee combat, regardless of the unit. I had an enemy Warrior retreat from a combat it would have died in four times in one turn. I wasn't even aware they had the ability to retreat in the first place, so I must admit that I'm mystified.

Is this a bug or a lovely new features for us Autocracy players that need to find punching bags to hit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom