Newbie CP/CBP Questions

Not likely, because I'd have to teach the AI to do this.

Well, I'd figure that either 3 of these scenario have to be met and then the AI should consider liberating the city, when would I ever want to liberate a city that it took thousands of my men lost to trade for.

#1. I have a courthouse, yet the city isn't producing enough happiness and adds up to at least 5% of my total unhappiness (This wouldn't have to be weighed at all because if the city was productive, then the city wouldn't be producing a lot of unhappiness).
#2. Heavily pursuing Diplomatic Victory. City-states are worth more to me than a city (City-states should be -60 or -30 influence toward them, AI could be weighed depending on their diplomatic flavors!)
#3. The enemy is at my border, I have calculated the city might be lost in an instant toward the enemy and I don't have enough turns to raze them to the ground. I should only liberate it if the city did not originally belong to my enemies or my enemies' friends in order to create a distraction. (If the city is damaged, presumably you can't liberate it to prevent abuse).

Well, I'd figure that either 3 of these scenario have to be met and then the AI should consider liberating the city, when would I ever want to liberate a city that it took thousands of my men lost to trade for.

#1. I have a courthouse, yet the city isn't producing enough happiness and adds up to at least 5% of my total unhappiness (This wouldn't have to be weighed at all because if the city was productive, then the city wouldn't be producing a lot of unhappiness).
#2. Heavily pursuing Diplomatic Victory. City-states are worth more to me than a city (City-states should be -60 or -30 influence toward them, AI could be weighed depending on their diplomatic flavors!)
#3. The enemy is at my border, I have calculated the city might be lost in an instant toward the enemy and I don't have enough turns to raze them to the ground. I should only liberate it if the city did not originally belong to my enemies or my enemies' friends in order to create a distraction. (If the city is damaged, presumably you can't liberate it to prevent abuse).

Easier said than done, though, esp. for 2 and 3. I mean, sure you can theoretically teach the AI, but the number of outliers is pretty extreme.

G

Hey,
So I installed CP/CBP mod, via installer. When I'm using this mod, I can't find any luxury/strategic resources. Sometimes the only luxuries on the games are only from Indonesia UA. Even in my current games, noone has any iron and horses. This games is already on industrial era, and I've already circumvented the earth, though there are still FoW. Did I broke my game or the mod installation?

Hey,
So I installed CP/CBP mod, via installer. When I'm using this mod, I can't find any luxury/strategic resources. Sometimes the only luxuries on the games are only from Indonesia UA. Even in my current games, noone has any iron and horses. This games is already on industrial era, and I've already circumvented the earth, though there are still FoW. Did I broke my game or the mod installation?

Make sure you are on the latest version of Civ (.279)

G

Really basic question, how does city placement (i.e. hills, snow, desert) change the city tile yield? I tried having a look in the unified changed log, but couldn't find what I was looking for.

I could very easily have missed it so apologies if it is there.

Really basic question, how does city placement (i.e. hills, snow, desert) change the city tile yield? I tried having a look in the unified changed log, but couldn't find what I was looking for.

I could very easily have missed it so apologies if it is there.

Settling on a hill grants +1 Hammer, Settling on a river (Might be freswater, but I think only river) grants +1 Food and settling on a tile that is neither of those two grants +1 gold.

Settling on a hill grants +1 Hammer, Settling on a river (Might be freswater, but I think only river) grants +1 Food and settling on a tile that is neither of those two grants +1 gold.

Thanks, is there any benefit added from resources?

Thanks, is there any benefit added from resources?

Settling on resources? I think you get the monopoly-yields (if you have a monopoly) and the base tile yield (not the bonus for the tile being improved).

If a building boosts the resource, e.g. granary on wheat, you get that too I think

If a building boosts the resource, e.g. granary on wheat, you get that too I think

Yeah, all you lose out on is the value of the improvement and the value that the specific resource gets for being improved.

Loving this but is there a way to edit the "MIN_CITY_RANGE" / "MIN_CITY_DISTANCE" within the xml/sql?

A way to allow city's to be founded within 3 (4 on large/huge maps) tiles of exisitng cities?

This is really limiting - I know it's meant to force the AI to expand horizontally but for high number of AI/city state games, theres too much realestate up for grabs that never gets occupied

How often can I take tributes from CSs? I mean, when does "You took a tribute very recently" reset?

Where do I edit the speed and rates with which era's are modified?

I've tried adding this bit of code into a few different places, it and seems to be working imperfectly. Where would it occur naturally within the mod? I cannot find it.

"UPDATE GameSpeeds SET CulturePercent=250, ResearchPercent=450, FaithPercent=250 WHERE Type = 'GAMESPEED_EPIC'; -- defaults 150

UPDATE GameSpeeds SET CulturePercent=300, ResearchPercent=700, FaithPercent=400 WHERE Type = 'GAMESPEED_MARATHON'; -- defaults 300"

Thanks!

I could've sworn I saw a long time ago that there were quests like in Civ:BE in the community patch, am I just remembering things correctly?

like in the last two photos on this workshop page - http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=264154749

I haven't played CIv5 in a long time and figured I'd give it another whirl w/ the community patch, I could be just mixing my memories of Beyond Earth w/ the automatic quests being in Civ 5 (not city state related ones).

I could've sworn I saw a long time ago that there were quests like in Civ:BE in the community patch, am I just remembering things correctly?

like in the last two photos on this workshop page - http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=264154749

I haven't played CIv5 in a long time and figured I'd give it another whirl w/ the community patch, I could be just mixing my memories of Beyond Earth w/ the automatic quests being in Civ 5 (not city state related ones).

You're looking for Sukritact's Events and Decisions (http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=528549)

It was developed for vanilla civ5, but efforts are being made to adapt it to the CBP here: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=562935

Top Bottom