Newbies' Shed

tctatheel7, if I can add a bit more info:

Daaraa compiles a huge list of pretty much everything going on, a state of the nation type report here:
History Department

As Foreign Advisor, I do a Foreign Affairs summary following each turn that lists current diplomatic agreements we hold, MPP status, peace/war status, etc... here:
Foreign Affairs Department - Term 4

If you have suggestions regarding our Foreign Affairs, I would be happy to respond to anything you suggest in the Foreign Affairs thread.

Thanks chiefpaco. This helps.

I'm fairly new here, and I've got a few questions:

When is each turn chat? Which thread tells you that?
And could any citizen participate?

The turn chat schedule is in the main forum under a thread by that name. Any citizen can participate (but it can get tedious).
If you want to get up to speed on what is happening now, the big issues and the citizen votes, read the Asphinxian Weekly Times in the gov sub-forum!!

Two more questions (that's it. i promise).

1. Does Phonetica have a secret police?

2. Where can i get a coppy of the latest saved game?

What is the capital of Arrakis (The Province Formerly Known As Anyang)?

I want it renamed to Arrakeen :p

Ah see, now you are confused. Arrakis (formerly known as Anyang) is a city, in the great province of Asphinxia (the best province, no bias, promise). If you want it named Arrakeen, fine, but I already went to the trouble of getting the name changed once, if you don't like it you can... sorry, must be nice :)
By the way, your sig sounds like Australia's refugee policy NHJ BV!! (i'm Aussie btw)

Originally posted by Almightyjosh
Ah see, now you are confused. Arrakis (formerly known as Anyang) is a city, in the great province of Asphinxia (the best province, no bias, promise). If you want it named Arrakeen, fine, but I already went to the trouble of getting the name changed once, if you don't like it you can... sorry, must be nice :)

Oops, my bad :o

By the way, your sig sounds like Australia's refugee policy NHJ BV!! (i'm Aussie btw)

Heh, no, it's a quote from C&C:Renegade :)

And i'm dutch, btw :king:

I wanted to post a couple of game shots of province 9 the other day, but I don't know how to post images in the forum, How do I post pictures on the forum?

and since I'm here, how do I post attachments?

To work with images, you have to upload the file first on the CFC server using the "Upload File" forum feature. In order to display an image file in your post, you have to use the IMG tag. If you would like to see an example, quote (but don't reply) to a post that has an image in it. Try disorganizer's posts in the geographical society here: Phoenatican Geographical Society

To attach files, you just have to use the attach file form at the bottom of a new reply. Note the valid extensions and maximum size limit.

Do you have to be a citizen before you can apply for a government job? How do you apply for a govenment job? What do citizens vote on?

Origanaly posted by Greeko
Do you have to be a citizen before you can apply for a government job? How do you apply for a govenment job? What do citizens vote on?

1. You must regester at the Citizen Registery in order to partisapate in the Demogames. You can if positions are open.

2. You can apply for a government job at any forum requesting Govenor, Mayors, and Deputies. Before you get the job there you must be accepted by the citizens in a poll (Mayors are the exception since they are appointed by Govenors.)

3. We vote on various issues ranging from "Shall we go to war against the greeks" to "Shall we alow deputy govenors".

Greetings & Felicitations!

I am am experienced gamer of many years, and have been playing Civ since the original. This demo game intruiges me, as I see the potential for team play in PTW. I'd like to join you, but to register I need to pick a city. Although I've poked around a bit, I haven't found the game to DL for a look. Also, I am not sure what turn it is, and though I saw a map dated around 1720, I have no way of knowing if this is current. I'd like to run for mayor of a small town, and though it seems as if there are several availible, I'd like to look for the ideal place to move.

Thanks in advance for any help you may provide.

Cordially,
Kault

Well, thank you for your suggestions, gentlemen, but I thought that to get into the spirit of things that art should imitate life. Therefore I have chosen New York as my hometown. Would you be kind enough to point me to someone in local government who could (in true New York style) tell me where to go?

Most cordially,
Citizen Kault

Kault - New York is a fine city. It received an honorable mention in the last Top Cities of Phoenatica List (equal to #11). It has also received a #6 and a #9 on that List in previous postings. It has always done well in Shield Production and Culture.

According to the latest Provincial stats listed in the Term 4 Domestic Dept., New York has no Mayor. If you chose NY as your residence in your registry post, you will be a citizen there. If you also claim to be the Mayor of New York, and no one has beaten you to it in their registry post, you're it. Want to be Mayor of NY?

FionnMcCumhall is your Governor and he should be able to help you find your way around. He might be able to tell you where to go, also :).

Here's some Provincial stats about your Province of Ameri. Stats. About 2/3's the way down the page.

Welcome and good luck.

Top Bottom