News: 6otM 13 Announcement

leif erikson

Game of the Month Fanatic
Administrator
GOTM Staff
Supporter
Civilization VI - Game of the Month 13

Welcome to the 13th game in the 6OTM Series! These games will allow new and old GOTM fans to try out the new features in Civ6 in a friendly environment. Participants are encouraged to post questions, stories, advice, tricks and failures in the dedicated game threads (described below). Each game will specify the Civ you will play and the Victory Condition to strive for. We will be working to refine the 6otM concept as we move ahead with the series.

Must Read!
We would like to ask you to abide by our most sacred rule: Don’t replay any turns! If you make a mistake, accept it and try to recover. To ensure fair play and prevent results exclusions, please set your Autosaves to 1 turn. In the event of a computer crash while playing, just reload to the previous save and play it as closely to how you played it the first time. Please let Leif know (via Conversation (Private Message)) if you experienced a crash and how many turns you replayed.

Civ VI - 6otM 13 Details:
Player (You): - Victoria - England
Victory Condition
: Culture but all other VCs are enabled.
Difficulty: Deity
Civs/City-States
(including player): 8/12
Map Type/Size: Island Plates/Standard Size
Game pace: Standard

Game options:
Start - Medieval Era
Enabled - Goody Huts, Barbarians

Game Version:
This game was created in Civ6 vanilla version 1.0.0.129.
Game Requirements: vanilla version of Civilization VI.

Here is where you will start:
6otM_13_start.jpg

England Unique Attributes:

Spoiler :
Victoria's Special Ability: Pax Britannica - All found or conquered cities on a continent other than your home continent receive a free military melee unit. Gain the Redcoat unique unit when the Military Science technology is researched.

Unique Ability
: British Museum: Each Archeological Museum holds 6 Artifacts instead of 3 and can support 2 Archeologists at once. Archeological Museums are automatically themed when they have 6 artifacts.

Unique Unit: Sea Dog: English unique Renaissance naval unit that replaces the Privateer. Can capture enemy ships. Cannot be seen unless adjacent to it.

Unique Infrastructure: Royal Navy Dockyard: A district unique to England for naval activity in your city. Replaces the Harbor District. Also removes the movement penalty for embarking and disembarking to and from this tile. Must be built on Coast or Lake terrain adjacent to land. +1 movement for units built in the dockyard, +2 Gold when built on a foreign continent and +1 Trade Route capacity.. Requires the technology of Celestial Navigation and must be built on the coast adjacent to land..

Information about threads associated with each individual 6otM -- Must Read if you are new to our Game of the Month!
Spoiler :
Please note: If you wish to make a video of your game, please do not post any links to it until after the game submission date has passed. This is because of the potential spoilers that are created by posting before the end date. Thank you for your cooperation.

Announcement thread (this one): This thread is used to announce the game and clarify the settings and rules (don’t be afraid to ask questions). It’s also used to discuss the game before you start, and post problems with opening the save. Once you have opened the save, DO NOT POST in the Announcement thread, even non game-related information. Instead use the next thread.

Opening Actions thread: This thread is used to discuss the game's opening decisions and strategies through the first 100 or so turns. Here you can post questions related to the game and share your achievements/anger/frustration/victories while you play. We encourage players to use the spoiler tags for screenshot. During the time the game is active, please do not post any information concerning the game outside of the spoiler threads including screen shots, videos, or recorded/live-cast Let's Plays on other websites.

After Actions thread: In this thread you can post the results of your game. Please state your victory/loss date and final score (preferably in the post title) and describe your path to glory in this post! Players are encouraged to provide feedback on the game. Some players like to replay the game, and although we will not record the results from a replay, you can still post your new experiences. The game will not be closed as such, but after one month, the results will be compiled, and will not necessarily be updated with reports coming in after the finish date.

Results and Congratulations thread: We will create a separate thread with the results at the end of the one month submission period (sorted by date and score). We will issue medals to the top 3 winners (based on earliest date finished). There are no long-term records kept for these results, they are just given out to top finishers to reward their efforts.

File Upload System
In development.

This game runs for a month and ends May 15th, 2017.

The save is attached below .

Attachments

• 6otM13_Culture_England_500 AD.Civ6Save
    376.1 KB · Views: 595
cheers, i've never meddled with different starting eras, so it's gonna be weird

Deity....ouch. Not sure if I will attempt. Deity is often all about military for the first half of the game...

Do you happen to know how many settlers the AI Civs are getting? It must be even more... Hopefully they won't all fit on their starting islands.

I have a Persia game going on Immortal that I started in the Classical Era. It did not seem like the AI got anything extra for the start. My guess is we all start with the same in Medieval, or at least, the AI does not get any bonus units (since it is Deity). But I will say that Stonehenge went in 30 turns, so I would suspect it going quick here too.

Never tried deity. never tried any start other than default. getting ready to get annihilated :)

"All found or conquered cities on a continent other than your home continent receive a free military melee unit"

I know it's the text from the game, but shouldn't this read "All founded or conquered cities..."?

A note, we think there may be a bug. If you choose your government before you settle your first city, the effects of that may not happen in your city/cities. Please wait to choose your government until your first city is founded.

"All found or conquered cities on a continent other than your home continent receive a free military melee unit"

I know it's the text from the game, but shouldn't this read "All founded or conquered cities..."?
Yes, it probably should. The forum rules ask that members be tolerant of spelling and grammar errors. Please play and enjoy the game and worry less about whether the grammar appeals to you. Thanks.

Yes, it probably should. The forum rules ask that members be tolerant of spelling and grammar errors. Please play and enjoy the game and worry less about whether the grammar appeals to you. Thanks.

The grammar does not bother me that much, but I was confused about this particular trait of the English. I thought I might have misunderstood something. But I'll write about that in the opening actions thread...

It may be possible but we're really still playing the base game. We are not encouraging the use of mods.

We could open a thread to discuss possible mods, however, they cannot change game play in any way.

I just always use the CQUI. and have them turned on by default, but when loaded the game it was disabled. Wondered if there was a simply way to change that. I wasn't concerned with the scoring, just seemed like an interesting GOTM & conditions.

I am not sure about that mod, but if the mod makes any changes to the core .dll files, then the game creator has to generally create the game using that mod. That may be why it crashed. The only answer is to turn off the mod as far as I know.

Top Bottom