[BTS] News: BOTM 198 Results and Congratulations

DynamicSpirit

Fear him of the pink tie
GOTM Staff
In this game we have a new eptathlete - congratulations to @Mitchum, who completed the eptathlon requirements by winning the gold medal - with a 1490 AD domination win!

The other notable achievement I noticed was @ZPV - spaceship win with an extraordinarily early date of 1675AD. And @WastinTime's 1060AD fastest domination wasn't that bad either considering it required crossing the ocean. Ditto @nocho's 1430 AD fastest diplo win - requiring quite a lot of science to build the UN so early. @nocho also won the bronze medal for 3rd highest final score, with the silver going to @Termitnik (1590 AD domination)

Well done everyone!

Summary of Medal Winners:

Mitchum: 1490 AD Domination Victory, 279,152 points.

Termitnik: 1590 AD Domination Victory, 223,063 points.

nocho: 1430 AD Diplomatic Victory, 185,574 points.

Fastest Finish Award Winners:

MarleysGh0st: 1575 AD Conquest Victory, 161,594 points.

WastinTime: 1060 AD Domination Victory, 147,032 points.

ZPV: 1675 AD Spaceship Victory, 146,274 points.

Conquistador 63: 1804 AD Spaceship Victory, 124,702 points.

Noble Zarkon: 1580 AD Religious Victory, 15,059 points.

Other Award Winners:

zbgayumn: 1836 AD Conquest Victory, 85,488 points.

kcd_swede: 1901 AD Domination Victory, 63,906 points.

undead: 1946 AD Religious Victory, 9,046 points.

donsig: 1994 AD Cultural Loss, 2,787 points.

>> See the full results here.
>> See the updated global rankings here.
>> See the latest Pantheon of Heroes here.
>> You can see and compare graphic replays of all the submissions here.
>> Award symbols are listed here.

Here's where everyone settled.

The Small Print:
The numbers by each player's name indicate the turn settled on (starting turn is 0). Players are colour coded by game class (challenger=red, adventurer=blue). Symbols indicate victory condition, if there's no symbol then the player either retired or was defeated. The yellow border indicates the land that was visible at the start of the game.

And @WastinTime's 1060AD fastest domination wasn't that bad either considering it required crossing the ocean
Didn't play long enough to learn anything about the map, but since this required galleons, it's a superfast finish.

Loads of good games judging by the dates. Takes really good play to do well in BOTMs now, which probably hasn't always been the case (when participation was lower). Congrats to everybody, and especially Mitchum with an Eptathlon :goodjob:

Congrats to all of the award winners! Impressive dates for fastest Domination (@WastinTime) and Space (@ZPV).

Congrats to everybody, and especially Mitchum with an Eptathlon :goodjob:

Thanks. Now I have a BOTM statue to go with my GOTM and WOTM statues. This is the first time I've ever gone for a high score (I always play for fastest finish) so I wasn't exactly sure how to do it. I ended up triggering Domination a turn sooner than expected (poor tile counting) which cost me about 20K points. I would have been pretty mad if I had lost by 20K or less.

Things are heating up with all of the added competition. I had taken a multiple year break but it's great to see so many submissions lately.

Thanks for the fun map, DS!

Last edited:
Another shield to fill out my vast collection! That puts me at #1 in the Inepthalon rankings! :blush::woohoo::help:

Ooooh! A new competition I wasn't aware of!

And I notice that I'm currently ahead of you in the shield count, 33 to 30, but I'm missing a Cultural Shield. Lowest-scoring cultural win--I think I can do that! :mischief:

Only if two people go for it, which isn't a sure thing :shifty:

Apparently I need a religious win. Not sure if I have ever done that. Maybe by accident at some point? Wish it wasn't in the game tbh. The only good thing about it is the AP hammers.

Top Bottom