[BTS] News: BOTM 215 Results and Congratulations

DynamicSpirit

Fear him of the pink tie
GOTM Staff
Well this game produced a surprise - the gold medal going to a fastest space race win! Well done @krikav. @krikav also won the cow with an astonishing base score of nearly 14000 (a consequence of over 100 cities!). Congratulations! Luckily, we don't deduct points for losing gold on 0% science and being on strike the turn of winning ;)

@Powerfaker took silver and fastest conquest in 1490 AD , while @Zhary too bronze for an 1854 fastest domination. @Zhary also had quite a large empire at the end, with a base score of nearly 10K. The only other victory type anyone achieved was diplomatic - and @Conquistador 63 managed the fastest one - in 1635 AD. Special mention to @WastinTime who achieved a later diplo victory, but playing the challenger save!

Well done everyone!

Summary of Medal Winners:

krikav: 1840 AD Spaceship Victory, 398,393 points.

Powerfaker: 1490 AD Conquest Victory, 324,605 points.

zhary: 1854 AD Domination Victory, 238,611 points.

Fastest Finish Award Winners:

Conquistador 63: 1635 AD Diplomatic Victory, 207,669 points.

Other Award Winners:

MarleysGh0st: 1822 AD Conquest Victory, 148,172 points.

kcd_swede: 1939 AD Spaceship Victory, 47,872 points.

greatbeyond: 2002 AD Cultural Loss, 4,878 points.

donsig: 1960 AD Spaceship Loss, 2,209 points.

>> See the full results here.
>> See the updated global rankings here.
>> See the latest Pantheon of Heroes here.
>> You can see and compare graphic replays of all the submissions here.
>> Award symbols are listed here.

Here's where everyone settled.

The Small Print:
The numbers by each player's name indicate the turn settled on (starting turn is 0). Players are colour coded by game class (challenger=red, adventurer=blue). Symbols indicate victory condition, if there's no symbol then the player either retired or was defeated. The yellow border indicates the land that was visible at the start of the game.

Congrats krik! That is an unfathomable score for an 1840AD victory. I assume you used corps here.

Well, at Immortal level, I'm pleased to have achieved a victory, at all. Adding to my top-ranking pile of Low Score awards is icing on the cake! :D

Thanks for the game!

Yaay! :D

Yes, I did use corps.
Thought I wrote about the game in the spoiler thread, but see that it's empty. Have to dig up some screenshots but short on time now.

I remember that I conquered Bella with berserkers, but the only wonder that gal built for me was Chichen Itza. :/
I cruised along for ages with only those two continents, but then did some additional landgrabbing with berserkers promoted to grenadiers.

Then I teched along and spammed cities on almost all islands, focusing alot on the islands with room for two cities which where promtply turned to colonies.
I also took Boudicas land and some of Charlys.
I remember being annoyed that the tech was done and the spaceship where built, way before I felt I had gotten good payback for the health buildings I built... Waaaay overbuilt but I had no chance to really grow cities up to the absurd population that I wanted to.

What was your reasoning?
I guess there are 3 possible reasons.
build workboat 1st instead of worker/ 2nd city can take silver and share corn with the capital/ There is hope for getting both Mids and GLH if stone is near. If so, every hammer matters. I had a game when a gem poped up causing –1hammer and because of that I lost GLH by 1 turn

@LowtherCastle
I wrote like this in the pre-game thread:
"Regarding PH/Silver... I think the lake/clam sorts out the early commerce that is dearly needed, so I think I prefer the PH. Settling a city that can share corn and work silver should be doable early on anyway."

How I thought at the game I can't remember, but I probably moved settler/warrior with the above intent and was happy with that choice.

I likely wanted the worker out earlier, getting the corn improved sooner and getting that bonus hammer in the city center.
I do remember I rolled a few maps with similar settings, and getting out a bunch of warriors early helps alot with fogbusting the island so that bonus hammer helps quite abit.
We knew from T0 that we where not to do any early rush, and no competition for the land to settle, so an early commerce burst didn't do much.

Well, at Immortal level, I'm pleased to have achieved a victory, at all. Adding to my top-ranking pile of Low Score awards is icing on the cake! :D

Thanks for the game!

This is a MeToo moment. :grouphug:

Top Bottom