News: BOTM 249 Results and Congratulations

MarleysGh0st

King
GOTM Staff
This was a far more active game than BOTM 247, with ten victories, two losses, and only one incomplete game. While this allows me to hand out many more rewards, there are still a few that must be left behind. Nobody achieved a Diplomatic or Cultural victory.

With a Fastest Spaceship Victory and a Cow, Powerfaker earns the coveted Eptathlon Award, for the third time! :clap:

Summary of Medal Winners:

LowtherCastle: 1610 AD Domination Victory, 279,398 points.

nocho: 1300 AD Domination Victory, 272,694 points.

Kaitzilla: 1370 AD Conquest Victory, 272,545 points.

Fastest Finish Award Winners:

Bemep42: 1300 AD Conquest Victory, 271,971 points.

Jovan Kukic: 1010 AD Religious Victory, 232,073 points.

Powerfaker: 1675 AD Spaceship Victory, 224,544 points.

Other Award Winners:

hhhawk: 1590 AD Domination Victory, 250,728 points.

Notorious_Banjo: 1640 AD Conquest Victory, 161,405 points.

Conquistador 63: 1520 AD Religious Victory, 151,360 points.

greatbeyond: 1941 AD Cultural Loss, 6,682 points.

donsig: 1953 AD Spaceship Loss, 4,602 points.

>> See the full results here.
>> See the updated global rankings here.
>> See the latest Pantheon of Heroes here.
>> You can see and compare graphic replays of all the submissions here.
>> Award symbols are listed here.

Here's where everyone settled.

The Small Print:
The numbers by each player's name indicate the turn settled on (starting turn is 0). Players are colour coded by game class (challenger=red, adventurer=blue). Symbols indicate victory condition, if there's no symbol then the player either retired or was defeated. The yellow border indicates the land that was visible at the start of the game.

I just checked, if I had not accepted the vassalage of Zulu and Egypt in 1290ad and had continued and completely captured them in 1320ad, I would have won the conquest 3 turns later with 288669 points ((

Is there a formula somewhere how the final points is calculated ?

I just checked, if I had not accepted the vassalage of Zulu and Egypt in 1290ad and had continued and completely captured them in 1320ad, I would have won the conquest 3 turns later with 288669 points ((

My game ran long because I was trying for the first time ever the use of a cereal corporation on a land map. I actually had quite a few resources under my control when I tripped the domination limit. A bit frustrating that I put in all that work only to screw it up. Sigh. No idea how much I could have raise the score at that late date

By the way, Bemep = veter? Russian for wind?

There is a formula. It can be found in the Strategy&Tips forum and probably some other places too.
You could put in excel and play with it. In essence, for score you need to drive your total population up, by adding more cities and growing your cities. Obviously conquering big cities gives the best score jumps.
Note that the population for the score calculation is taken from 5 turns before your victory date (someone can confirm this?). You may need to give conquered cities some time to exist in your empire before they contribute.

When your empire is not developing (no growth or shrinkage of any kind) it will suffer a natural score decay from turn to turn that is determined by some static in-game values due to the nature of the score formula. So your growth must actually exceed some decay to keep your score rising.
I dedicated a post on the S&T forum myself on score decay (that one also contains the score formula) and the conclusion is this:
Score Decay overall (%) = C * Score Decay Population (%)
Score Decay Population(%) = (232/Tmax) * Log (Popmax)
Whereas:
Tmax = maximum number of in-game playable turns. For normal speed the max is 500 turns
Popmax = in-game indication of maximum population level, based on food yields of the land tiles generated. for normal size map typically 800 to 1000 or so. (number can be found mousing over your name in the screen)
C = a to be chosen number between 0,90 to 0,95 expressing how much the population segment of the score formula contributes (super high, corps fueled => +/-0,95, regular +/- 0,92)

To fill it in with the example numbers: SD overall = 0,92 * (232/500) * Log (800) = 1,24%
This means that on normal speed/ normal size (for Popmax 800) your score decreases 1,2 to 1,3% per turn if nothing happens. So your nation wide population should increase more than let's say 1,3% to improve your score. Keeping track of the population count is easier than using the full score formula I think.

NB: other segments of score involve landtiles, tech and wonders. Borderpopping, adding one more wonder or tech is hardly noticeable in score.

thanks to everyone. I wanted to find out exactly the dependence of the game score and the final score over time.I read the articles and figured it out.

the population (and technology and wonders) is counted immediately - no need to wait for 5 turns, but the territory is counted only after 20 turns.

ps. yes, Bemep = veter, Russian for wind. and Bemep my old nick on this forum (cant remember password) I even found myself in results BOTM20 and BOTM21 ))
and Veter my online nick now ))

I am also using T-Hawk's calculator, mentioned by @Kaitzilla.

It seems to work fine. As @Powerfaker summarized it, the key to high scores is to grow your pop really quickly, otherwise it is better to finish early. E.g. food corps or conquering big cities always help, but just growing organically may be too slow. Haven't played in a while, but iirc pop and other changes are reflected immediately in the score, except for land (20T delay). These are also used in demo hacking.

Top Bottom