News: BOTM89: Starts 15 April 2015

@Jastrow, I think you mean in BtS, not in ByTheWay. PTW would be Civ3. Not that it matters.

@KCD, just started thinking... Crazy Bull, is there an outbreak of Mad Cow Disease? Or CJD?:eek:
I shall endeavour to play with appropriate insanity. (No surprises here.)
Before I download, please tell us what does Kupha kupha kuwapha onse mean? (I'm too lazy to sort through google results.)

It is a Google-translate from English to Souix, meaning "Kill, Kill, Kill them all!":ar15: at least I hope it means that because google translate is what it is.

It is a Google-translate from English to Souix, meaning "Kill, Kill, Kill them all!":ar15: at least I hope it means that because google translate is what it is.

Ah, that would explain why my attempt to Google-translate it from Swedish produced a phrase that I didn't believe :)

@Deckhand, High King J.J.
BTW, how come BOTM 89 is already up while BOTM 88 hasn't even finished but WOTM 66 isn't even announced? And what about GOTM 112 and WOTM 65 results? :mischief:

Amazingly, you posted that mere hours after I'd commented to Deckhand in a PM that no one not on the staff had yet queried the absence of WOTM 66 :) Must avoid saying that in the future.

But WOTM 66 is now up. Guaranteed to be the most exciting WOTM since WOTM 65. And yes, sorry this one was exceptionally late. I was exceptionally busy bravely saving humanity from aliens with my bare hands at great sacrifice to myself with a work deadline.

On a serious note, SIP seems to be the best move here because... Crazy Sitting Horse Bull is a Crazy Sitting Horse Bull.

lol! Good luck!

...But WOTM 66 is now up. Guaranteed to be the most exciting WOTM since WOTM 65.
:cool:
but bar isn't very high: at Noble, WOTM65 wasn't that exciting, but it was satisfying.

And thank you for saving us from the aliens. :goodjob:

The map designers have very busy lives, doing tasks which benefit humanity. Sometimes our CFC duties need to be put on hold while real life intrudes.

Recently DynamicSpirit was busy with tasks so important that we can't disclose them here. Soon, he will be able to make some time to post WOTM66 announcement and 65 results.
Similarly kcd_swede was able to post BOTM89 announcement, but hasn't done the GOTM112 results.
BOTM88 started late and its finish was extended. Thus there is overlap with 89. I am grateful for that as I was able to finish WOTM65, then do my taxes (due Apr15) and now I have 3 days still to try to complete BOTM88. [I played to 50BC after submitting WOTM65 but haven't resumed it yet.]

We are trying to do better and post games on scheduled dates. But too often our super important RL duties cause delays. This my current signature. ;)

Thanks for the detailed explanation. I perfectly understand that doing tasks which benefit humanity comes first. I was simply curious about schedules, definitely not complaining or anything.
Hope you find the time to finish BOTM 88 - it's both exciting and satisfying :)

hmmn, no food and no resources, but if we could do it, then it would bridge the coastal tiles and we would be able to grab all three islands. excellent idea :goodjob:
:lol:

Connect and conquer! :lol:

Amazingly, you posted that mere hours after I'd commented to Deckhand in a PM that no one not on the staff had yet queried the absence of WOTM 66 :) Must avoid saying that in the future.

:lol: Had some unspent espionage points towards you :)

But WOTM 66 is now up. Guaranteed to be the most exciting WOTM since WOTM 65. And yes, sorry this one was exceptionally late. I was exceptionally busy bravely saving humanity from aliens with my bare hands at great sacrifice to myself with a work deadline.

Don't be sorry. The later, the better! (my motto for everything :lol:)
Personally I wouldn't mind if GOTMs lasted 60 days. Then we would have more time to finish or invest more hours into them. Especially those that dedicate serious time to SGOTMs.

I don't think I've ever played a game where I had both marble and stone in my starting BFC. I might go NE just to experience that. If only SB was industrious. Still, being philosophical and having these resources, I'm tempted to try some culture shenanigans.

I don't think I've ever played a game where I had both marble and stone in my starting BFC. I might go NE just to experience that. If only SB was industrious. Still, being philosophical and having these resources, I'm tempted to try some culture shenanigans.

It's the closest you can get to the unavailable Philosophical/Industrial trait combo.

Apologies. I am seriously preoccupied with the impending UK national elections currently, and I overlooked this one. I'll build the save shortly.

[EDIT] Done.

Thanks AlanH and kcd_swede! Really appreciate the file and the game design. This one looks like a Wonder-fest for me - I'm heading NE to settle.

I was unable to start the game using the Mac save - when I load the save I get an error message "Mods\BUFFY-3.19.003\ is an invalid mod directory, ignoring".

The game lets my ignore this but then another error "Mods\BUFFY-3.19.003 must be loaded" appears, sending me back to the start of the loop.

I've played many BOTM before with no issues. My suspicion is that the reference should be to "MacBUFFY-3.19.003.ini" but I have no real idea how to fix this.

Any advice?

Well I don't know about Macs, but on Windows, that particular error would mean you don't have the BUFFY mod properly installed. Did you uninstall it or reinstall Civ and forget to install BUFFY by any chance? At any rate, the first thing I'd try is re-installing BUFFY.

(EDIT: Actually you're right, it should be MacBUFFY on a Mac. That may mean my comments are wrong).

I was unable to start the game using the Mac save - when I load the save I get an error message "Mods\BUFFY-3.19.003\ is an invalid mod directory, ignoring".

The game lets my ignore this but then another error "Mods\BUFFY-3.19.003 must be loaded" appears, sending me back to the start of the loop.

I've played many BOTM before with no issues. My suspicion is that the reference should be to "MacBUFFY-3.19.003.ini" but I have no real idea how to fix this.

Any advice?

I think an assets check might help the experts find the problem.

Have not installed/de-installed anything lately. I was able to load the previous BOTM just now so I suspect there may be something wrong with the save file...

Have not installed/de-installed anything lately. I was able to load the previous BOTM just now so I suspect there may be something wrong with the save file...

I've asked AlanH to check it out.

Any advice?

That message indicates that you are trying to load up the Windows start file. I've just gone through the process of downloading the Mac start file and started it up OK on my Mac. Please can you check that you hit the correct start file download link?

Oh yes, you are correct. I ad downloaded the PC save earlier and it was still in the folder. Sorry for the added confusion. Thanks for creating the save, just started and Moderator Action. Comment about game after opening game deleted. Please save comments about the game for spoiler threads! - DS

Top Bottom