News:SGOTM 21 Sign up Thread - Conquering The Hearts

Ah, what the heck... PR has the biggest team with two new members since last game, and to be honest I was considering finding a new team earlier. Not because I'd have anything against PR (love you Phoenixes! :love:) but I've had some problems in the past scheduling in all those late night sessions. So if this helps getting a seventh team, I could switch. Though a 6th player on the team would be nice, I know there will be times during the spring when I can't focus fully on the game.

(If for some reason this doesn't happen: PR, you know I didn't mean a word of what I wrote above, I would NEVER betray my team!!! :blush: :please: :hide:)

If kcd_swede would agree to be team captain, and we get one more player (for a five person team), I'm fine with having a seventh team.

I can do the captaincy. But that doesn't mean much since I tend to go for a very democratic approach.:)

I would prefer if the new team could find new players. Shame to lose a great player like Elite. He has been an excellent player for PR .

However having a 7th team would be great for this game. It's unclear how active our 2 new players will be. See how we cope.

Good luck in the new team Elite. If it falls through you are welcome back. :)

Yep, we are really only 4-4 1/2 players

I see eight sign-ups for PR. Are you saying three or four of those are really non-players?

We have 2 new sign ups.
I_imperator has not posted since December 23rd but I believe he has been on forum today.
Gwaja has only made 2 posts in December and has been away for 6 or so days.

Hopefully both will appear when game starts and post regularly. If not we will be down to 5 players.

Are there any more previous players not contacted that might join the game?? Not sure who is around these days.

I see eight sign-ups for PR. Are you saying three or four of those are really non-players?

Yes

Not trying to block Elite from joining a new team, just noting a reality that our team is not as big as it appears to be. (and also cognizant that the same may be true for other teams)

I wasn't aware of any inactive players... I just thought that since I was the least active player in the last game (mostly sleeping while the rest play), 2 new players should easily fill those shoes.

Looking at the post counts from previous games, having >4 active players does seem like a rare luxury in SGOTMs these days. Of course, if people want more players/team I can stay in PR and then the rest of the unallocated can be divided on other teams. But I was under the impression that most people rather wanted more teams..

And really, I don't think you need to worry PR, you'll still be just as strong. Expect to see you competing for the top spots as usual!

I guess it adds to a point I've yet to make that, while having another team would be great, it doesn't need to be forced. 6 quality teams may just be as good as 7 teams, especially given the fact that many teams have part-time players or lurkers or whatnot. As for time-zone issues/world location, that probably exists on most teams as opposed to being PR exclusively - something the team can manage better.

Too bad some good players floating around the forums lately have not joined up like GKey and cseanny, etc. They could anchor a strong 7th team.

Sure, most of us would like seven teams if possible. But I wouldn't want to decimate an existing team to make it so.

OK, we need to get this thing moving, and so I propose the following team lists. If there are no strong objections by this time tomorrow, I'll go with them. It would still help if we can find one or two more players, and I know a couple of you have put out feelers.

Note that if I post team threads tomorrow without the new team names, I'll have to rename those threads later, which could cause confusion.

All the teams look pretty good to me. 5 members may be less than ideal, but CGU only had 5 last time. That turned out to be only 4 active players, and we came through fine.

Note that Plastic Ducks has been resurrected.

The team threads for this game are now open, along with the Maintenance Thread.

I'll leave this sign-up thread alive for a while in case we get any late arrivals.

Just a reminder to leave first few posts of your team's thread free for your captain/scribe. I think Fippy is doing PR captain/scribe duty.

Top Bottom