News: TSG30 Announcement

Not a good start for a cultural game. You want good production and good growth to start in your capital, and the food is lacking. Also, you are going to need the cash to ally cultural (and maritime) CS and fund your own RA's, plus pay for the AI's RA's as well most likely, and this will be tough without a river start. Just have to hope that there is some decent surrounding land to settle 3 more cities for more gold (and Great Artist) production.

I would definitely move the settler east, particularly since you can't plant Great Artists on sea tiles. In my last culture game I think I planted 12 or so Great Artists on tiles around my capital, and it would be tough to do that on the coast.

I'll almost certainly settle in place, assuming that water is coast and not a small inland sea. Of course, I still need to finish GotM 29, then I can work on this.

Also looking forward to GotM using Gods and Kings!

Civilization 5 - Game of the Month Training Series Game 30
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\//////////////////////////////////////////

Please note that you are only allowed to build Oxford University one time. :nono:

The Save can be found here.

Hi,

I'm new to the GOTM and are willing to trye this one out:) Just gonna finish the Culture game I'm on atm(my first culture victory actually and it's on emperor:))
But I have a question regarding the above quote...since when are you able to build more than one Oxford University? Is it some kind of bug that enables you to do that? In all my games I've only been able to build one Oxford.

:wavey: Welcome to GOTM.

If you lose your city that has Oxford University in it to capture by an opposing AI or if you gift or sell the city, then you can build Oxford again in another city as long as all the cities you own have universities in them.

So I yesterday I completed my first Cultural vicotry:D Was a new and fun playstyle and everything worked really well. So since I done it on lv 6 I thought I could give this one a go. I thought Warlord was lv 7 but when I was about to load I did se it was lv 3:confused:
Anyhow, I decided to play it anyhow.

But to the problem, when I'm about to load the game, the screen stucks and a popupmessage comes that that game crashed bla bla. Exactly this happens when I was about to join my friends multiplayergame when they did host the game and about to load a saved file. We never got it to work couse I frose everytime.
But instead when I hosted the games it was never any problem.

So now I'm stuck again, I can't even join your savefiles thought its only singleplayer.

I did google this matter and searched on theese forums but didnt came up to any solution. Isn't there anyone here who knows what might be the problem?

It is a single player save. Do you have all the patches? Are you playing on PC or Mac?

It is a single player save. Do you have all the patches? Are you playing on PC or Mac?

Yeah, I load it from the sinlge player menu. It should be patched and everything since it's running from steam. I'm playing on PC

The try having steam verify the integrity of your files.

Open the library window in Steam. Right-click on Civ 5 and select properties. In the small window that appears select the Local Files tab then click the button labeled "Verify Integrity of Game Cache". Steam will then check all your files and download any that are corrupted.
Here's a screenshot.
Spoiler :

Attachments

• Steam Verify Integrity.jpg
    Steam Verify Integrity.jpg
    160.6 KB · Views: 253
I just verified the game and it said something like this: 1 file couldn't be verified and will be "downloaded" again...but nothing hapend what I could se?

It should have automatically downloaded and installed that file. Depending on the size of the file and how fast your connection is, it could have been near instantaneous.

Well, when I started up the game after that it installed some files, so it did something. But it didnt correct the bug, still can't load the savefile:(

Can you play single games you create without a problem?
And you have the correct version installed?
:hmm:

Not sure what to do from here, you may have to uninstall/reinstall the game?

Dont know if I have the correct version...but I should have since it's running from steam and its updating the games automaticly.

Yeah, maybe a reinstall would fix the problem...but I doubt it:(

Will I loose my achivements if I do?

The current version is: Civ5 version 1.0.1.511

As far as I know, your achievements are kept on the steam server by your steam login name. They should not be affected, but I do not know this for a fact. Should check with steam.

What operating system are you using? DX version?

You can also check 2K's Civ5 Support forum.

Are you able to create a save and play it? And then, can you leave the game and reload the save you created?

I'm using Windows 7 and have no problems at all loading my own savefiles.

I've already posted a topic in the support forums some months ago, since the problem allready started when me and my friends were about to play multiplayer games. I even sended a mail to the people behind the game but they didnt came up to a solution.
But since we got it to work if I hosted the games I didn't lay more time into it...but now I'm here again and noone seems to know a solution that solves the problem.

I will try reinstall the game tonight or tomorrow and if doesnt work then...we'll, no GOTM for me:(

Top Bottom