News: TSG39 Announcement

leif erikson

Game of the Month Fanatic
Administrator
GOTM Staff
Supporter
Civilization 5 - Game of the Month Training Series Game 39
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\//////////////////////////////////////////

Welcome to the thirty-ninth game in the GOTM V Training Series! There are plenty of new features in Civilization 5 to explore and the Training Series games will allow new and old GOTM fans to try out these new features in a friendly environment. You are all encouraged to post your questions, stories, advice, tricks and failures in the dedicated game threads described below. You can read more about the GOTM and Training Series concept in this thread. Before going into the details of this game, we would like to ask you to abide to our most sacred rule: don’t replay any turns. If you make a mistake, accept it and try to recover. It's better to do the bad moves in the Training Series instead of in the actual GOTM competition, once it starts.

In this game, the designated VC is Diplomatic. You may win by any VC you wish, as all VC's are enabled, but the results will be posted with fastest finish by Diplomatic victory and then all other VC listed below by fastest time.

In this game you will play as Ramesses II and lead The Egyptian civilization to victory. It's a standard-sized mystery map played at Emperor difficulty and at standard pace. Diplomatic victory is the designated VC for this game, all victory conditions are enabled. You will have until August 1st to complete the game and submit.

Very happy to have out Mac players back with us, hope you enjoy the game. :)

Please note that you are only allowed to build Oxford University one time. :nono:

Civ V - TSG39 Game Settings:
Playable Civ: Ramesses II - Egypt
Number of AI Opponents: 7
Number of City-States: 16
Map type: Mystery
Map Size: Standard
Difficulty Level: Emperor
Game pace: Standard
Game options: Promotion saving is enabled. Quick Combat is disabled (You may now turn it on using the game options menu.)
Game Version: This game was created in Civ5 version 1.0.1.674.

In this game, you will be playing as Ramesses II, you possess Monument Builders. You receive +20% production towards Wonder construction.

You can train the War Chariot, which replaces the Chariot Archer. The War Chariot is faster than the standard Chariot Archer and can be built without the horse resource. As a mounted unit, it is vulnerable to Spearman. You must discover the technology of The Wheel and you do not need a resource to build it.

You can build the Burial Tomb, which replaces the Temple. The Burial Tomb increases the city's output of happiness and costs no maintenance for the city. If the city is captured, the capturing civilization will gain twice as much gold as would be the case in a city without a Burial Tomb. You must discover the technology of Philosophy and you need a Monument in the city to build it.

This is where you will start:

Information about threads associated with TSG
TSG Announcement thread (this one). This thread is used to announce the game and clarify the settings and rules (don’t be afraid to ask questions). It’s also used to discuss the game before you start, and post problems with opening the save. Please don’t post any information from a game you have started. Instead use the next thread.

Game In Progress thread. This thread is used to discuss the game once it's on the way. There are no reading or posting restrictions as such (apart from normal decency), although we encourage players to use the spoiler tags for screenshots. Here you can post questions related to the game and share your achievements/anger/frustration/victories while you play.

After Action Report thread. In this thread you can post the results of your game. Please state (preferably in the post title) your victory date and score, as recorded in the Hall of Fame, and the most important: your path to glory! , We will create a separate thread with the results at the end of the two week period (sorted by date and score). Players are encouraged to provide feedback on the game. Some players like to replay the game, and although we will not record the results from a replay, you can still post your new experiences. The game will not be closed as such, but after two weeks, the results will be compiled, and will not necessarily be updated with reports coming in after the finish date.

File Upload System
We now have a game file upload system you can find here. Please use it to upload your completed first attempt by saving the game on the turn after your victory or defeat. (by using the "lemme play one more turn" feature)

This game runs for a month and ends Wednesday, 1 August 2012.

The Save can be found here.

The War Chariot is faster than the standard Chariot Archer and can be built without the horse resource.

Not sure how that works!

I shall move the warrior on to the hill to see whether it would be worth moving the settler up there.

What a poor starting location. Short on food, short on production and only one type of luxury resource. I certainly don't want to settle in place. How well I do may well depend on the initial direction I choose to wander with my settler.

I think it might be a good idea to have the warrior follow the river north to see if there are any fish up there. If so, then moving the settler north might be a good idea.

The save was made with G&K switched off. Just for fun, I switched to my other computer with G&K installed and loaded the save without switching off G&K, it seemed to play fine. What I do not know is if the save format changed at all. :dunno:

My advice, switch G&K off before loading the save. :)

I'm thinking settle on 2nd turn for once, especially since Diplo needs money and I want colossus.
Moving warrior north to see if any production food around the river + coastal tile 2 NW of settler

Okay, so never managed to make it ingame for TSG37, but I'm firing this up right away. Think I'll also start going north with warrior, then either settling up north or just to the west if nothing decent crops up in the north, costal feels right though.

I was wondering why the map type for the lasts GOTM have all been Mystery Map?

I like to make pratice game before attempting a GOTM but can't without all info? Was it a demand of the players?

We had a discussion about it. If you know the map type, it often negates the need for scouting. So we have tried to hide the map type in order to keep scouting a priority.

Top Bottom