News: TSG89 Announcement

This game with ancient ruins? If not, I think at the beginning better to build worker yourself, than hoped for AI and CS.

This is actually a butally strong start, OFC it misses mountain and river, but it have strong early game, with 2 salt that can also be chopped forest for GL, and lots of midgame food and prod (river farms and mines), and strong late game, with huge amount of mines.

It could be better ofc, but for me it is not question, that I would settle in place, and try GL.

This is actually a butally strong start, OFC it misses mountain and river, but it have strong early game, with 2 salt that can also be chopped forest for GL, and lots of midgame food and prod (river farms and mines), and strong late game, with huge amount of mines.

It could be better ofc, but for me it is not question, that I would settle in place, and try GL.

The hills will be great person tile improvements. :)

I will probably try a 2 cities approach with a HG beeline to cap. There is a possibility to move settler inland 2 tiles away near a ''possible'' mountain.

Never played Korea but I am going to give it a try. I seem to remember that in immortal, GL is gone between turns 30 to 40. Is GL a real possibility hard building a worker to chop those wooden salts? We'll find out...

Nobody will use the fact that they would be much more room to expand with all those CS off continents? Since I'm a liberty player most of the time, I'm going to try this I think.

Who knows, but is it worth the effort?

It is undoubtedly (such a strong word:)) worth the effort. GL not only gives you the Korean science boost + its own science boost, but also gives you a free tech, which if timed right (mining for chops and calendar) should be Philosophy for an early NC, with its own science boost and Korean science boost. That would be a phenomenally strong start.
The question is what happens if you don't get it? You may lose HG, whatever woods you chopped, are gone forever, a limited resource. And HG I consider to be key for this game for an early victory. + hardbuilding a worker early on you will sacrifice a scout and a have later granary, almost certainly, so if you don't get GL, what was an great start turns into a poor one. It's a risk, big payoff, but a risk that could screw up your game on turn 35.

I will probably try a 2 cities approach with a HG beeline to cap. There is a possibility to move settler inland 2 tiles away near a ''possible'' mountain.

The mountain on the screenshot is very weak unless there is very good terrain hidden.

I guess you can sacrifice a turn or two to check the western area but as presented, settling on spot feels like a better decision, 2 salts with forest, fish, coast and even jungle apparently. If you can get 25% more pop than mountain spot you'll get as much science, more gold and probably a better capital for more wonders.

Since it says DLC required I'm guessing ToA is available no? In which case it outperforms GL in the majority of cases PLUS AIs don't like to go for it as often.

I can't load the save - when I select it, Civ5 keeps the "Load" button disabled, with hoverhint "Required DLC is not available".

I've played some previous TSGOTM games (last was 83) without problem. I have all DLC I know of installed, including Brave New World and Sejong The Great's Korea. I've tried with all DLC enabled (in the DLC screen within Civ5 startup) and with Conquest of the New Worlds Deluxe disabled (on the basis that the announcement thread says we specifically don't need that one, but everything else enabled), and with only Brave New World + Korea ticked, and with those 2 + Gods & Kings Expansion, but the message stays the same.

Any help much appreciated - been looking forward to playing this one. :confused:

Here is what you need for DLC:
Genghis Khan's Mongolia
Isabella's Spain and Pachacuti's Incan Empire
Kamehameha's Polynesian Empire
Harald Bluetooth's Denmark
Sejong The Great's Korea
Wonders of the Ancient World
Nebuchadnezzar's Babylon
Explorer's Map Pack
Gods and Kings Expansion Pack
Brave New World Expansion Pack
Upgrade Data 1

That is the DLC list from the save. You must be missing one or more of the packs?

Well that's a timely list! Turns out I don't have all the DLC for this. Not quite sure what though.

Have you used one you wouldn't normally use, Mr Erikson? Please.

Well that's a timely list! Turns out I don't have all the DLC for this. Not quite sure what though.

Have you used one you wouldn't normally use, Mr Erikson? Please.
Haven't used Wonders of the Ancient World nor Explorer's Map Pack before.

Your STEAM account should list the DLC you have in the last tab in the Properties box, the header is labeled DLC. :)

Top Bottom