1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Next Demogame Discussions

Discussion in 'Civ2 - Game of Democracy II' started by Leowind, Feb 5, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elsaak

Elsaak European und Réunionnais

Yes, this first option sounds good ;
    People, do you prefer to raze all the enemy cities (and destroy any AI wonders), or to allow to take only those Wondered cities (easier !)...?

2. Jayne

Jayne Emperor

Maybe we can get a bit more interest at the beginning of a new game. I wonder how many look at this game and feel a bit lost. I remember I looked at the first game towards the end and decided it all looked a bit complicated. When the second game started, I thought I'd join as an observer... but look at me now!

3. Jayne

Jayne Emperor

I've probably time to take over duke 'o yorks role if that helps - post elections etc

4. Jayne

Jayne Emperor

I am definately not the best player, as my GOTM scores show, but I still get nominated for President! :lol: I definately recommend the demogame as a way to learn from other players.

I must admit I first looked at the demogame towards the end of the first game and thought it looked too complicated, but I'm glad I decided to take the plunge at the beginning of the second.

I definately think we need a good advertising campaign at the beginning of the third game, and get more people involved in the decision making by having more (maybe smaller) provinces with governers. A good write-up of this game for the main page may help (maybe the stories and tales thread too). I'm getting excited about the third game already!!! :lol:

5. Jayne

Jayne Emperor

Also, the polls are fun and a good way to get some input from people who feel they don't need to post because their opinion has already been voiced, but I felt some of the polls towards the end of this game were getting a bit complex. Maybe the polls should be a little simpler, and the specifics decided in the discussion. For example... instead of polling 3 options for a tax change, you poll yes or no, then discuss how it could be changed in the thread!

I agree with the smaller map, but maybe leave restarts switched on! Then you've got that element of not knowing if the dead Vikings had reincarnated into Germans!

6. Jayne

Jayne Emperor

Another idea... what about an OCC? Probably much easier to keep track of for people who can't visit often.

7. Jayne

Jayne Emperor

I like the idea of maybe not being allowed to capture cities, only raze them. With islands we would need to rely even more on a navy.

8. Jayne

Jayne Emperor

Touching on what Leowind wrote, I like the idea of people taking a little responsibility for their town. Advisors would suggest what needs building eg more settlers, caravans. Then each member would say what the build queue for their town should be, and where workers should be. Of course, the domestic advisor can over-rule this (with good reason) and in times if war, the military advisor. The domestic advisor would also be responsible for any unclaimed cities. Members with overlapping towns may need to negotiate for tiles for workers!!

9. Jayne

Jayne Emperor

I love all these ideas that keep coming!! We definately will need lots of polls about how the set up the next game once President Civ has erradicated everyone else. Should be next week the way he's playing?!!! ;) :lol:

I like the delayed start idea. We can either explore until a certain year, then settle. Or not move at all!!!

10. naervod

naervod My current user title

I think if we can spread the word out to others it would be easy to garner more intrest. If we send PM's to old DGers or people who signed the registry but don't participate we could get many people. I know the Community Civ3 DG used this tactic when not enough people ran for office and they got a few members back in action. Also, I will be proud to lead NUF in conquering the world. :goodjob:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.