1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Next Fantasy War (BtS)

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Modpacks' started by strategyonly, Aug 2, 2007.

1. Pumpkin_King

Pumpkin_King Chieftain

I just want to say up front this mod looks astounding. Before I download it, though, does it include (or have you ever considered making) a Steampunk-type civ?

2. strategyonly

strategyonly C2C Supreme Commander

I have never even heard of it before? PM me and lets talk.:p

btw Welcome to CFC.

3. Oriongem

Oriongem Chieftain

Hi, I'm trying to get this great looking mod to work. Unfortunatly I'm having the same problem as Sepruecom described a while back, missing GUI in the game. Difference in my situation, I am not using Civcomplete. I checked the registry settings and all the Installdir files are present.

So far this is the only mod where it occurs.

Running Windows Vista 32. I have the BTS 3.17 update intalled. Deleted the CVgamecoredll as required. Changed the modular setting and tried sollution from post #243. No luck so far.

Any help would be appriciated. :)

4. strategyonly

See post # 8:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=288570

5. Oriongem

Oriongem Chieftain

Running the game as Administrator did the trick!! :) Its easier to become master of a Civ world then it is of my own Vista driven computer. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the great help. :goodjob:

6. bbrianblair

bbrianblair Chieftain

Dear StrategyOnly:
    Your mods are great...when people can play them. No HUDs, CTDs, MAFs (yes I know it's not just your mods). When someone asks you for help you effectively say 'it's your system that's messed up not my mod'. How is it that Firaxis can make a game that works on anyone's system and then you add a mod that only works on your system and 10 other random guys that just got lucky and had the same set up as you? I'm only angry because you can't admit this. I've read all of your posts looking for an answer where you admit this. I may get banned but I've said my piece and I'll just sign up again with a different handle and IP

7. Asthix

Asthix Prognosticator

C'mon there's like 1000's of ppl playing this mod. I had trouble playing at first but that's only because it wasn't specified you needed an unzip prog. to extract the file to your mods folder.
    Its about being constructive.

8. bbrianblair

bbrianblair Chieftain

Het Asthix. I was a bit harsh but I have tried the usual things. I am aware of where to extract stuff but the no interface is really annoying. I just think things should work right without having to Gerry Rig your system for one mod. But again, I was harsh and have no idea what got into me. :)

9. blazkflag

blazkflag Chieftain

Hi, I'm new to these forums and just wanted to say I love this mod; thanks strategyonly:goodjob:! How similar is this to your Next War Advanced Mod?

10. strategyonly

Actually the techs and civics are the same but this one has most of FfH2 fantasy units, i just have not updated it in a long time, but i plan to in a couple of months or so, all you have to do is delete the dll if you have 3.17 and it should work ok, and thx for asking.;)

I wish i knew how to do magic then you'd have a great mod here, but alas i dont know how:blush:

btw Welcome to CFC!!

11. MetalAgedEmpire

MetalAgedEmpire Chieftain

strategyonly i download this mod and it blew my mind all over the walls, the collection of civs units buildings and everything you have shoved in is amazing.i only had one problem but i fixed by lowering the graphic settings. now after playing it over and over i had to come in make an acount to thank you for this amazing mod. also in the next update insted of adding more units could you try fixing the techs, when you get get one that custom it just says somthing completly unrelated. still thanks agian for this mod

12. strategyonly

Thanks ever so much!!;)

Yeah i haven't worked on this in almost a year now, i been real busy with my other mod, and some other stuff.

I plan on doing this, but i dont know when yet, There will be lots of changes when i do.
    And more than likely take some civ and units out to make it work better.

Yeah the tech and Text is very very low on the radar screen for me right now, sorry.

Are you in Germany now?? I used to live in Stuttgart and Augsburg.:p

And btw Welcome to CFC.

13. Revanade

Revanade Chieftain

Hey,I have BTS 3.19 and this doesn't work. I have vista which might explain it,but I run on adminastrator. And when I say that it doesnt work....at all. I load the mod,then it says that it cant run anymore,and just closes. Without even loading too. I was thinking of trying the 3.17 fixes,but I'm not completely sure that would be safe with 3.19. Im going to try to download the 3.19 patch again,and yes I have re-downloaded the mod 4-5 times.

Sorry if you're mad about me pming this to you also :blush:

14. sourdiesel

sourdiesel Chieftain

Will trade:

Entire Mets team (except for santana and wright) + binghamton Mets + Omar Minaya

-for-

Am League Batting Champ

15. strategyonly

In the first post i have what you have to do if you want it to work with 3.19, take a look at what it says, and then if you cant figure that out, write again and we will proceed from there, ok.

No way, and you'll got Santana from the Twins anyways, LOL.

16. Revanade

Revanade Chieftain

I don't see anything that even has 3.19 on the front page,I even CTRL-F'd it. The closest thing I found was this."If you want to play with 3.17 you have to delete the CvGameCoreDLL.dll, next to the XML folder. But be advised, doing this will make it so that the Ranged Bombardment is NO longer available and bombardment of any sort will not work."
    Even then I thought it might have been a typo,so I cut it out,and its still not working.

17. strategyonly

Well i deleted my dll and it works fine for me??

18. verihyypp

verihyypp Chieftain

19. strategyonly

You'd have to put the request for UNITS in the Unit Graphic area, i do not know how to make units, sorry.:blush:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=157708

btw Welcome to CFC.;)

20. verihyypp

verihyypp Chieftain