Next Fantasy War (BtS)

hey just wondering

i got civ 4 complete patched to 1.19 and was wondering how to get the interface working cause i start the game and everything it loads up then i see my screen with absualutly nothing

hey just wondering

i got civ 4 complete patched to 1.19 and was wondering how to get the interface working cause i start the game and everything it loads up then i see my screen with absolutely nothing

Pls read through the FAQ's first, then if you cant figure it out, write back again, and thx for trying this great mod. Sorry i havent gotten an update on it in awhile, but have been busy with my other mod.:blush:

btw Welcome to CFC.

ah there we go soz bout that

btw i love ya mods, invading america with chaotic hordes in NFW or slaughtering lithuania with teutonic knights in NWA its all fun

i love ya mods, invading america with chaotic hordes in NFW or slaughtering lithuania with teutonic knights in NWA its all fun

Well Thank You alot, that really means alot nowadays. Glad someone is finally liking the stuff i do here at CFC and saying so, so again thx.;)

The fix for no interface linked to in the faq led to a post with removed screenshots illustrating advice for fixing Civ IV Complete. I have Vista and 3.19 installed by a disc and patch, and I don't have interface once the game starts under this mod. However, your mod looks cool from what I've seen so far, but as you say in need of an update. There are now some animated leaderheads for some of the leaders you use static ones for. Not that your leaderheads aren't just fine.

The fix for no interface linked to in the faq led to a post with removed screenshots illustrating advice for fixing Civ IV Complete. I have Vista and 3.19 installed by a disc and patch, and I don't have interface once the game starts under this mod. However, your mod looks cool from what I've seen so far, but as you say in need of an update. There are now some animated leaderheads for some of the leaders you use static ones for. Not that your leaderheads aren't just fine.

Go down the faq page and look for this: Also try this if no interface/buttons with vista:

It has some more stuff to do there. If that doesnt help, i am sure there are searches for that problem that would solve the problem.

btw, thx for trying this and the kind words.:)

I am trying to install next_fantasy_war and the install instructions say

To use this mod put it in your \My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\CustomAssets\python\ folder
So I did. Then I went to open a game, and I couldn't figure out how. I clicked on advanced>load a mod... but the only options there were to load the existing mods that came bundled with the game. Then I thought maybe the readme was outdated so I tried putting the mod in \My Documents\My Games\Beyond The Sword\CustomAssets\python\ folder, but that didnt work either
Then I looked around in the folders for a BTS mod launcher, couldnt find one. Now, if I have used any Civ mods before I could propably figure it out on my own but this is my first Civ IV mod and I am not even sure if I have installed it properly.

Incidentally, I am not a modding noob either but I am a noob when it comes to modding Civ IV

I asked around on what i guess was the wrong forum and they told me to come here because the whole thing probably didn't go in the customassets folder. Although whether or not that is true or what happens differently when everything goes in there or only some things go in there, i have no clue.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Particularly an explanation of what to do after you put the mod in the folder.
And yes, I read the FAQ, but it was written for somebody that already knows a little about modding Civ I think

I am trying to install next_fantasy_war and the install instructions say

So I did. Then I went to open a game, and I couldn't figure out how. I clicked on advanced>load a mod... but the only options there were to load the existing mods that came bundled with the game. Then I thought maybe the readme was outdated so I tried putting the mod in \My Documents\My Games\Beyond The Sword\CustomAssets\python\ folder, but that didnt work either
Then I looked around in the folders for a BTS mod launcher, couldnt find one. Now, if I have used any Civ mods before I could propably figure it out on my own but this is my first Civ IV mod and I am not even sure if I have installed it properly.

Incidentally, I am not a modding noob either but I am a noob when it comes to modding Civ IV

I asked around on what i guess was the wrong forum and they told me to come here because the whole thing probably didn't go in the customassets folder. Although whether or not that is true or what happens differently when everything goes in there or only some things go in there, i have no clue.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Particularly an explanation of what to do after you put the mod in the folder.
And yes, I read the FAQ, but it was written for somebody that already knows a little about modding Civ I think

Yeah 99% of the stuff here on CFC does NOT go into the Custom Assets area.

Extract rar file to your Beyond the Sword "Mods" folder within the Beyond the Sword game directory. For example, C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\MODS. Place the folder called "Next Fantasy War" that will include all of the modpack files. In game, click on "Advanced" and then "Load a Mod" to play.

Yeah 99% of the stuff here on CFC does NOT go into the Custom Assets area.

Extract rar file to your Beyond the Sword "Mods" folder within the Beyond the Sword game directory. For example, C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\MODS. Place the folder called "Next Fantasy War" that will include all of the modpack files. In game, click on "Advanced" and then "Load a Mod" to play.

Thanks, I'll try that. I mod for oblivion a little, and I was toying with the idea of modding for Civ, So I'll have to read up on it. I was thinking that if I take the time to figure it out, the first thing I would want to make is a dryad UU for this mod. But it would not behave exactly like most units do. (Dryads are tree spirits and usually, in mythology the only way to kill one is to cut down it's tree)
So, you would have to develop a forest or maybe a jungle tile into a dryad grove, then you get one very weak dryad spirit that is mobile. Now, If the dryad spirit is killed, it just warps back to the dryad grove, like a spy. But if the dryad grove is razed, then it dies. Also, the dryad grove must be worked to increase the strength of its spirit, in the same way that a cottage must be worked. So, you could have a early dryad that is roughly as strong as a warrior, and that same dryad could take on a tank in the future because it's tree has grown for thousands of years. At some point the forest tile would look different and there would be one tall tree visible, or something.

The part I am not so sure about is, for example say a person has 3 dryads, and 2 of them are in an enemy city wreaking havoc. The enemy sends a spy to sabotage a dryad grove, but each grove is tied to a specific spirit so he has a 1/3 chance of killing the wrong one. I don't know if it is possible for civ to track that, and there may be other problems that I haven't thought of.

So, for a noob modder ( know nothing of civ, but I could bang out the meshes, and textures in a couple hours.) Is this doable with a little work, or is it not so easy?
(of course, I haven't installed it yet so you may have already done it)

Thanks, I'll try that. I mod for oblivion a little, and I was toying with the idea of modding for Civ, So I'll have to read up on it. I was thinking that if I take the time to figure it out, the first thing I would want to make is a dryad UU for this mod. But it would not behave exactly like most units do. (Dryads are tree spirits and usually, in mythology the only way to kill one is to cut down it's tree)
So, you would have to develop a forest or maybe a jungle tile into a dryad grove, then you get one very weak dryad spirit that is mobile. Now, If the dryad spirit is killed, it just warps back to the dryad grove, like a spy. But if the dryad grove is razed, then it dies. Also, the dryad grove must be worked to increase the strength of its spirit, in the same way that a cottage must be worked. So, you could have a early dryad that is roughly as strong as a warrior, and that same dryad could take on a tank in the future because it's tree has grown for thousands of years. At some point the forest tile would look different and there would be one tall tree visible, or something.

The part I am not so sure about is, for example say a person has 3 dryads, and 2 of them are in an enemy city wreaking havoc. The enemy sends a spy to sabotage a dryad grove, but each grove is tied to a specific spirit so he has a 1/3 chance of killing the wrong one. I don't know if it is possible for civ to track that, and there may be other problems that I haven't thought of.

So, for a noob modder ( know nothing of civ, but I could bang out the meshes, and textures in a couple hours.) Is this doable with a little work, or is it not so easy?
(of course, I haven't installed it yet so you may have already done it)

If you really like Fantasy games, with SPELLS, check out FfH2, of course you could go into the INactive files under Project & Mod Development and resurrect this mod:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=275

Will deleting the civgamecoredll.dll affect anything else in the mod and/or the whole game in general? And why do i need to delete it?

Will deleting the civgamecoredll.dll affect anything else in the mod and/or the whole game in general? And why do i need to delete it?

Yes it will take away the DCM part of the game.

It was made for Warlords, thats why, and BtS has a a new one so its not needed.

You mean the "takes 2 minutes to load"?

If so, I have to say I waited like 15 minutes and nothing happened.

You mean the "takes 2 minutes to load"?

If so, I have to say I waited like 15 minutes and nothing happened.

Then either you have it in the wrong place, or you didnt delete the dll.

Hey I have tried both having and deleting the dll what is going wrong because the mod won't load.

Only thing if you deleted the dll already is, that you have it in the wrong place.

Well the only difference then what you say is the fact that my game got installed into 2k games after program files other than that no difference. also I am using windows 7 but have it so civ runs as if it were running on vista.

Top Bottom