Next LP Suggestions

Yeah Noriad is. That is why he started talking about the "splitting stack and gaining wealth" thing I was doing :p

I don't have a Twitch account so I could only watch and hear you. Did not know if my chat post went thru or not. Until you mentioned it at the very end.

And you are overly concerned about Distance from Palace penalties that early in the game.

Finally you probably know the AI on NM Deity gets 9 free tech to start the game with. All the way up to Stone Tool Making. Couple that with the 2 settlers and 8 mil units it gets at start and you've got quite the hill to climb. That's why the Tupi has 5 cities and is going into Ancient Era soon if not already there. So his research rate is double (+those extra techs) yours. He's probably getting his tech done every other turn on Epic now with 5 cities.

@JosEPh_II yeah he is now on 8 cities I believe and I am just about to build my 2nd. I think they are midway through Sedentary Era - Ancient I think? However they are the tech leaders which gives me SOME comfort lol.

I am always concerned about early game - if you can have a very strong early game you can usually snowball that into a really good mid-late game

Anyways on a side note I am about to livestream some more of my Wrub playthrough in about 30 minutes or so. Gotta get some snackage first :p

P.S. I still feel something is "off" with the Resource spawning and I tried clearing my cache but I dont think it really helped anything. Will deal with it more after this playthrough

Anyways on a side note I am about to livestream some more of my Wrub playthrough in about 30 minutes or so. Gotta get some snackage first :p

P.S. I still feel something is "off" with the Resource spawning and I tried clearing my cache but I dont think it really helped anything. Will deal with it more after this playthrough

Resource spawning is very Map specific. Even the settings for different land mass forms can give varying results. That is why I don't use Old World Start nor Pangea any more. I think you are using C2C_World map? If so let Toffer90 know about what you are seeing. It's his adaptation from Perfect Mongoose.

And clearing the cache will not reset spawns. It removes old no longer used start up data that the game stores to speed up loading the game assets. By not clearing you could be getting wrong, ie no longer used in the game, displays, misinformation on units or buildings, Civics, user settings etc that your last version of C2C had and used. But has changed with the new version. Cuts down on errors.

Resource spawning is very Map specific. Even the settings for different land mass forms can give varying results. That is why I don't use Old World Start nor Pangea any more. I think you are using C2C_World map? If so let Toffer90 know about what you are seeing. It's his adaptation from Perfect Mongoose.

And clearing the cache will not reset spawns. It removes old no longer used start up data that the game stores to speed up loading the game assets. By not clearing you could be getting wrong, ie no longer used in the game, displays, misinformation on units or buildings, Civics, user settings etc that your last version of C2C had and used. But has changed with the new version. Cuts down on errors.
I was thinking it might have helped how units look cause they dont look how they should - e.g. a clubman is the avatar used for almost anything like a neadarthal warrios

Don't get to concerned about the tech leader yet. You do need Tracker/ hunters to get certain animals to increase your science and culture. The Tupi is beelining and skipping a lot of tech early game.

The volume is fine.

Hunter and Dogs combo is great. Use the Barb promo on the Hunter along with terrain.

And Yes get that Obsidian going. And add the animal promo to you mil units if you have not done so already.

Auto Hunting is terrible. Capture snakes and save them till you get at least 2 for Poison Hut and it's promo.

Last edited:
Sev is slow...

The display only gives the base counts and does not show all the other property workings which are basically hidden. The math is complicated and not easily explained.

Yes it is Toffer's new UI

Python Optimization and it is faster way faster.

Also build Wooden Towers to claim critical tiles and to mark Potential city sies

@Toffer90
upload_2018-2-18_14-33-48.png

Em yeah thats a LOT of resources in such a small area on your WorldMap script dude

@Toffer90 View attachment 488750

Em yeah thats a LOT of resources in such a small area on your WorldMap script dude
Do you use "Increased Resource Spawning" game option?

Joseph, he doesn't use Toffers interface overhaul.
There is no chest (financial advisor) icon, and it would just say Era instead of era name without hovering over it on top left part of screenshot.

@raxo2222 I dont no I dont atm. I was unsure if it had been updated for V38 as of yet so I decided against using it for the time being. He was mentioning that Sevo is MUCH faster in that mod in reply to my livestream :p Also I am pretty sure I did not use the "Increased Resource Spawning" game option I would have to double check though

@Toffer90 View attachment 488750

It should be pretty much the same as in PerfectMongoose (PM) mapscript, I can't remember tweaking resource placement much away from PM.
I only play with 50% resources.

To be honest, resources hasn't been a focus when I've worked on that mapscript.

Last edited:
Do you use "Increased Resource Spawning" game option?
Only active if you are using a map with a default resource placement used in the DLL core. Any map that has its own options for resources it won't make any difference whether this option is on or off and some map scripts don't use default resource placements even if they don't show an option. So it wouldn't have mattered in this case.

I was watching on Twitch

@JosEPh_II one of the requests was Pangaea. I wont do it after this however
Well, you didn't chose Pangaea Landform, you chose Earthlike landform and deactivated a time consuming generation process called break Pangaea. It will be more like a continents map where large continents generated through randomness won't be broken up by the "break pangea" process. Maybe I should rename the "Break Pangaea" option to "Meteor Strikes", though it would be less obvious what the option does with that name. Perhaps "Break large landmasses" would be better...
The Pangea Landform tries it darnedest to ensure one large landmass, while earhlike landform is extremely random in nature and should almost never create a Pangaea map even without the "Break Pangaea" option.

@Toffer90 yes "break large landmasses" might be a good name for it. Also next playthrough I will defo play with 50% pretty much everything. Although rivers/hills seem to be pretty rare .... then again I am only on a fairly small continent tbh.

On a side note I even made J2 get a twitch account :p

Anyways that is me starting up now. This time With the UI modmod
I missed it. It was nappy time :sleep: for :old::cowboy:. 2 days this :old: will be 35 yrs older than you IdioticUlt1mara.

Top Bottom