Next patch anticipation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes I was joking please don't do that anyone. I just can't help hitting refresh every hour on this thread with the hopes that somebody has good news..

I just keep my Steam app open and go to the downloads page and leave it on - and have a look at it every 10 mins...

also have the steamdb.info civ page open...

As we were digressing a little... on ancient civs, it was interesting to see this timeline. Those Irish get everywhere.

upload_2017-2-17_9-17-42.png

As we were digressing a little... on ancient civs, it was interesting to see this timeline. Those Irish get everywhere.

View attachment 465148

It should be much longer, no? 'classical time' is usually meant to have started at 500 BC. It's also interesting what is in the list and what is not in it - the selection doesn't make too much sense to me (what article is list that from?). And just because something happened or emerged at some point (or single buildings) doesn't make it an 'ancient civilization' - even when it is named like that in wikipedia. (and some things are highly unlikely, like Knossos in 3200 BC being a) a city by a historian's definition, b) being in the palace era and c) having 80k inhabitants)
But to show what was happening in ancient times, it is of course helpful.
And it shows that we have Sumer, Egypt, China, India, Scythia (not shown) and Greece (not shown) cvis from the ancient era. Leaders from the ancient era, however, are only Gilgamesh and Tomyris.
And if we look at how the civs are implemented in civ VI I think that Sumer, Scythia, China and Egypt all have a bright ancient era moment. Greece with its wildcard slot actually, too. India's time to shine sets in later.

Last edited:
Fall patch, Winter patch.

Next patch won't be released before March 21.

Plot twist: Firaxis statement - "What patch are you guys talking about, the game is perfect. We are busy with other projects. Thank you for playing."

Couldn't this be a very real possibility? I mean, what they're currently preparing to release might just be the next DLC pack, perhaps with a few bugfixes, and the next actual balance patch will come later as seasonal thing in line with the previous two? :confused: Don't get me wrong, I would like some balance changes sooner rather than later, but all we know for certain so far is that new achievements have been added, no?

Couldn't this be a very real possibility? I mean, what they're currently preparing to release might just be the next DLC pack, perhaps with a few bugfixes, and the next actual balance patch will come later as seasonal thing in line with the previous two? :confused: Don't get me wrong, I would like some balance changes sooner rather than later, but all we know for certain so far is that new achievements have been added, no?

Sounds realistic, unlike some other expectations here. It's going to be a long process of continuous small improvements, but I expect the game will be very good indeed - in a year or two.

The second patch was actually the "Winter 2016" patch, so there's no reason why we can't also have a "Winter 2017" patch.

That DLC file that updated a few times last night; those were just changelog numbers cycling, not real changes to the files. According to the SteamDB FAQ, that's pretty normal.

They label these patches as like they want to be a 3rd rate gaming company. WAKE UP FIRAXIS!!! You're selling the highest selling strategy game out there right now. Civilization 5 was as the time of the charts for nearly 7 years. Why ole why cant this company make a much better product??

Paradox does it right with open beta patches and communication. I have nearly bought all their DLC and expansion packs because I support that company. The reason I support it is because they COMMUNICATE and dedicate themselves to the games. I can no longer support Firaxis or 2K unless they make drastic changes in how they deal with fixes of their software and customer relations.

That doesnt mean I want the game to fail but Firaxis needs a different publisher for sure.

Sounds realistic, unlike some other expectations here. It's going to be a long process of continuous small improvements, but I expect the game will be very good indeed - in a year or two.
Thats like buying a car and saying "well I hope it runs in a year or two" how does that make since??

Thats like buying a car and saying "well I hope it runs in a year or two" how does that make since??

No one stops you from waiting two years.

Are you really as unable to make nice comments as you appear in this thread, by the way? Because it's kinda annoying. The negativity just blazes from the screen.

No one stops you from waiting two years.

Are you really as unable to make nice comments as you appear in this thread, by the way? Because it's kinda annoying. The negativity just blazes from the screen.
Pretty much... but why be nice? These people are not nice to us. If anything they a neutral. They stole some of your money and then want modders to fix the game.

Moderator Action: Please stay on topic and try to be more civil in your discourse. leif
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

Last edited by a moderator:
Pretty much... but why be nice? These people are not nice to us. If anything they a neutral. They stole some of your money and then want modders to fix the game.

Without agreeing or disagreeing with your sentiments, this thread is about the upcoming patch. There are many others for expressing disappointment. In fact, members create new ones all the time. Please refrain from digression.

So if someone hits you in the face, you hit him back?

That's the most childish thing I ever heard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom