Next Turn - 600 AD

Status
Not open for further replies.

MonkE

Primate Philosopher
AD 500 (End of Turn) – Made recommended build and serf changes.

IPRB: TF $4, Rosk $19, PengF $16.

AD 520 – LC dip built, caravan started. Khorsabad (change name?) builds settler. Aarhus (Viking) discovered.

IPRBs: PengF $11

AD 540 – Reneaux builds dip, caravan started. Mike’s Chapel is built. :goodjob: RC starts settler.

Elvis takes vacation leave everywhere except in LN and Roskilde.

Bangalore discovered. Revolt cost is $840. Diplomat sneaks between Viborg and Hladir for exploration.

IPRBs: Rosk $13.

The Spanish have started SunTzu’s War Academy.

AD 560 – BeastF and PengF commission diplomats. Trireme and crusaders started (there were no recommendations).

Monk’s Towne grows – disorder, Elvis rehired until temple built in 6 turns. LN celebrates.

Pheasants spotted in reforested area near RC (What was the NONE settler to do next? - sent to Civvium for road).

Calcutta discovered. Revolt cost is $750. First foreign trade caravan lands on foreign shores.

Fruit City is founded. 3 food surplus – settler started. Roskilde archer rehomed. Phalanx sent to FA for rehoming.

Northern trireme passes Viking trireme.

IPRBs: None.

Second Viking trireme spotted.

AD 580 – Monk’s Towne enjoys Elvis and celebrates.

Lindholm (Viking) discovered. Another whale spotted off eastern lands.

All Roskilde units rehomed.

IPRBs: Rosk $22 finishes settler.

Persians complete Great Library.

Diplomat moving between Calcutta and Bangalore is approached by a Spanish chariot. Neutral emissary of Queen Isabella is granted an audience. Spanish are upset at our peace treaty with the Indians and demands that we renounce it. Never! The Indians are our friends. Spanish demand the secret of Construction. Consequences, Schmonsequences! Despite NUF’s hard line, the Spanish offer a peace treaty. Spanish chariot attacks Calcutta. Indian elephant appears and expels NUF diplomat to RC.

NUF discovers Engineering. University chosen next, Bridge Building and Navigation were the other choices.

AD 600 – GG Hides and TF Silk caravans built.

Viborg revolt price is currently $472. Kaupang discovered.

Ebo trireme (near The Udal) and 3 settlers haven’t yet moved.

President MonkE calls in the Cabinet for guidance.

Viking Map

India Map

Aonia & West Island Map

Boreum Map

Chryshe Map

East Map

Saved Game mr_a600.sav

600AD Status of the NUF Monarchy - 335 gold

Remarkable! We have Mike's Chapel, and our cities are poised for a new round of growth. We have Fruit City, and are about to found both Indian Whale Port and Routskilde. Sir, you know how I Love new cities! Octavia's Point is growing quickly.

Our Diplomats provide a much better guard mesh, including the Hills W of Fort Anarchy. However, the People neglected to comment on the replacement Diplomat of Ebor, now Settler 30/40, so we must find another city to build a Diplomat and cover that gap, also the Dellham area and parts NW.

600 AD Status: 1,240,000 people in 24 cities. 335 gold, 30,00,70% 2.Elvii, 3.Celebrations. F5 $40 -15, Sci 133 in 6 turns, similar to 500AD. F11 Mfg=108, Family Size=5.0 NUF is crushing the AI, sweeping #1 in Population, Manufacturing, Land Area, Productivity and Family Size ! And this will shortly improve. REGIA CIVITAS is about to grow, and thanks to Mike's we can encourage it, switch the Settler to something else. Perhaps a Crusader, and Civvium to Silver for delivery here. These other cities will grow to new heights shortly: Mordhiemia, Marl Downs (if we switch from Settler (R)), Dellham, Reneaux, Uppsala, Udal, TFalls (serfs to Road!).

500 AD Status: 1,120,000 people in 24 cities. 290 gold, 30,00,70% One Scientist, 4.Elvii, 4.Celebrations. F5 $42 -15, Sci 133 in 6 turns. F11 Mfg=99, Family Size=4.6 NUF is again #1 in Manufacturing, Land Area and Productivity, only #2 in Population, slipped to #3 in Family Size.

Researching University (due in 5 turns), known: Alphabet, Astronomy, Bronze, CBurial, CodeLaws, Construction, Currency, Engineering, HBR, Iron Working, Literacy, Map Making, Masonry, Mathematics, Monarchy, Monotheism, Mysticism, Philosophy, Polytheism Elephants, Pottery, Seafaring Harbors, Trade, WarriorCode, Wheel and Writing.

It is not too late to study this, so I post and continue to analyze. The candles burn bright and my staff, the Doobie Brothers, are playing Toulouse Street ... all night long.

600AD Detailed Analysis of the NUF Monarchy

Shall we build Marco Polo in a few years when RC finishes its current project? We have the Caravans. I no longer believe RC should build a Settler. Switch to Crusader, so Civvium Crusader can switch to Silver, demanded by RC? We may learn of Engineering in fewer than 12 turns, so we must plan the Caravans for Leonardo, right? Elysium Marketplace, or Harbor?

Due to Mike's Chapel, I have casually changed REGIA CIVITAS and Marl Downs from Settlers so they can grow. We need to ratify those decisions. It is equally important to approve the proposal to switch Reneaux Caravan to Diplomat 15/30 in 3, or bring over a Dip from Dellham or Fort Anarchy to guard Boreum.

Khorsabad Island is drifting, and we need Settler plans for Boreum and elsewhere. Routskilde and Indian Whale Port have Settlers on location. The islands are tempting, but founding the city 3NE of Marl Downs and V2 Peat near Uppsala are the priorities of the Home Office. We will soon have enough Settlers to do it all, and irrigate, so the question is: exactly what? F4, 3NW of REGIA CIVITAS, could use our new Albatross until we convert it into Buffalo for use by REGIA CIVITAS. The lack of Roads near LC Oasis and Boreum River Bridge Filler disrupt our otherwise complete transportation network.

Shall we continue 30% Tax, 70% Max Science? Try to raise cash? For what? Our President has priced several enemy cities. We near Republic. Are we willing to implement a Republic?

FAQ:

REGIC CIVITAS: Settler 18/40 +$4 in 3, 27 Trade, 8.Gold +28.Beakers +6.Shields. Serfs on 2.Whales Irrigation Fish & ocean, grows in 2. Pop: 3.Red +2.Black, Temple & 3 guards (2 working, 1 spare). Therefore, we could switch from Settler, or leave it if we think a Red will become a Black.

Elysium: Marketplace 30/80 in 9. Needs irrigation desperately. Courthouse, 24.Trade & 3.Corruption. 7.Gold + 50.Beakers + 6.Shields. Serfs on Gems Silk Whale and Road. Same 2.Red + 2.Black, Temple & 3 guards (1 working, 2 spares).

List of immediate micromanagement changes:
REGIA CIVITAS: Ocean serf to Road, now 7 shields
  switch to Crusader IPRB $4 in 3
TFalls: serf to Roads, grows in 4
Civvium: switch to Silver Caravan in 4, deliver to RC
  Now Size=4, 2.Red 2.Black 1.Warrior working, one spare
Bedfont Lakes: IPRB=30 $4, Caravan in 4
Gabba Gabba: serf to Plains Road, needs Road or Irrigation.
Beast Flats: Trireme 10/40 in 6, needs helper to irrigate, Food=0
Penguin Flats: Forest serf to ocean, Dip 10/30 in 7?
Marl Downs: sw to Caravan, IPRB $4 in 5, grows in 5
Neuma: needs Elvis in 3 turns or fewer
Reneaux: grows in 5, needs irrigation,
  1.Red +2.Black , 2 guards loafing
Fruit City: will build Routskilde and another city ASAP
Legendary City: IPRB $4, Caravan in 3
Uppsala: Dip 24/30. With Barracks, why not a Crusader?

Fort Anarchy & Dellham both build Diplomat in 1. Mission?

With changes above: F5 $41 -15, Sci 136/6, Mfg=104 FS=5.3

We have 10 Settlers and 8 in production. We are about to build 2 cities and a mine.

We own the same 11 Temples, 2 Libraries, a Courthouse, and a Barracks in Uppsala, and are building The MarketPlace of Elysium, Temple of Monks Towne, 8.Caravans, 4.Diplomats, 1.Trireme Beast Flats and 1.Crusaders.

We own 5 Triremes, 12 Diplomats, and 9 Caravans: near RC are Ren Silk, Neuma Hides, GG Hides, TFalls Slik, and FA Cloth. Near CJ is the Marl Downs Silk. Dellham hides the Elysium Salt, shipping to Trondheim. Near Viborg is the Demanded Elysium Wine. The RC Silk is sailing along the coast of India, near Lahore.

We have several cities that could build anything:
TFalls, Castle Jayne, Gabba Gabba.
&nbsp: CJ Settler to irrigate for Elysium???
Little Nemo: Settlers 37/40 in 1
Fort Anarchy: Diplomat 25/30 in 1
Dellham: Diplomat 25/30 in 1
Reneaux: Caravan 15/50 in 7, switch to Diplomat in 3?
Uppsala: Diplomat 24/30 in 2, makes little sense to me.
Legendary City: IPRB $4, Caravan 28+2/50 in 3

Neuma will shortly experience a growth crisis.

Respectfully submitted, by Your Minister of the Interior.

Settlers and Diplomats 600AD

Although I would prefer more settlers, irrigation and cities, I am recommending some apparently contrary items. No Settler in REGIA CIVITAS. No Settler in Marl Downs. Last turn, Diplomat instead of Settler in Eboracum.

RC can grow to Size=6 and still Celebrate. Not sure for how long. If anyone suspects we should be cautious about its happiness, please say so and we'll stick with that Settler.

Marl Downs already has 1.Red + 2.Black pop -- and 3 guards which are all doing nothing. One could guard the new city MD 3NE. Switch to Caravan $4 in 5 turns, produce Salt for Elysium Demand.

Boreum just sent one of its Dip Guards as a Captain, so Boreum needs a replacement guard Dip. We could change the Mord Settler 24/40 to Diplomat in 2. Mord would grow to Size=4 nicely, new serf onto road, forest or lake as we wish. Another choice is switch Ren Caravan 15/30 to Dip in 3. Or, we are building Diplomats in Dellham and Fort Anarchy -- one of them could come to Boreum. However, those 2 Dips each seem to already have a mission: guard Dellham, guard Fruit, and NW Dip Captain, so we're short one Diplomat.

Other key needs: CJ Settler to come irrigate for Elysium, which is prepared to grow. Udal Settler in Trireme near Udal, sail North and found V2, on Pure Green with Whale and Peat. Ebor Settler in 2 turns: walk SE and found the City at MD NE NE NE.

A Settler must soon Road the connecting desert, NE of LC's Oasis. Similarly, Boreum River Bridge Filler would solve our remaining network gap.

The Udal is choked with 4 supports. One is a Phx in FA. FA has a new Dip guard in the hills. Rehome Phx in FA, then march SE to serve as police in Neuma. It will arrive after 3-4 turns on Elvis. Neuma Settler 19/40 in 6? Then start the Temple of Neuma.

There could be other needs as well - this game is becoming big!

Nice:goodjob:
From what I can see from the maps I get the feeling it'll be easier to take out the vikings than the indians. A walled city on a river is much harder to take than those viking cities I can see:( I'd buy the indians out, while I'd fight the vikings:) , ie if we have to chose. This also makes Delhi a lot more attractive, its wonders and the price reduction:)
Are we working the gems square in Elysium? If we do, we can get more trade with a road through it (is it +1 or +50%), and if we don't I think we should.

funxus, those are fresh good ideas. How about buying them both? We are about to deliver a large Wine shipment to Viborg. With that money we might immediately subvert Viborg. Then we get the ongoing trade route income, and have a nice forest shield behind which to build several cities.

A serf is working the Elysium Gems, and a Road would give us one trade arrow. With the Library and Cop's, that would be several more beakers. How about the CJ Settler irrigates where the Dip is standing, then down to Road the Gems?

We need to locate Dehli, to deliver the Silk that is on their coast. How best to do that? Goto? Trade maps? Gift tech?

I believe the LC trireme with the caravan bound for Delhi has sailed past it. The boat is now near the area where we once knew Madras to be near, Delhi was further south. I believe the irrigated land we passed may belong to Delhi, or the unrevealed coast we missed exploring.

The new LC dip was intended as an Indian Whale City guard (?), but maybe now it should be transfered to the Indian island as a scout for Delhi.

If you need me to post a map to explain myself better, please say and I'll look at it tomorrow.

I have also been wondering where is Dehli?
The several units we have to found Indian Whale City are nearest Legendary City. That makes the AI's irrigated abandoned Fortress a bit of a mystery, although they could have built N of Mt Everest. Could we gift them a tech, and then Trade Maps? Even without building Marco Polo? Maybe Literacy or something mild?

I think Delhi is somewhere due west of the trireme. Lahore was built to the east later, so we no longer see units closest to Delhi. The caravan could be unloaded this turn to 'explore' its way to Delhi through the middle of India.

Well played Mr Prez. The Indians ARE our friends IMO, especially as they have that bloody great wall.
Its a nightmare going to war against a nation with the wall as everytime you make progress they make you sign a peace treaty.
Perhaps it would be beneficial to contact the Indians and form an alliance against the spanish?
Especially if theyll throw in a tech sweetner.

Unless they lost the city it was for (which I doubt), the fortress and irrigation could be for a city 1NW of the Idians Mountain we can see. Our troops would still show as being closer to LC than the city because that city would be 4.5 square away, while LC is 4 squares away. The next time we have a boat over there we can see whcih city it is closer to when it is SW of of where the Archer and Settler are on our land (78,40).

BTW, I usually consider any troops near the AI as potential losses. The AI can (and usually does) change their attitude very regularly unless we constantly placate them.

Unless they lost the city it was for (which I doubt), the fortress and irrigation could be for a city 1NW of the Idians Mountain we can see.

I'd be prepared to bet that is Delhi. I think the trireme is currently nearer Madras than Delhi, going by what we knew previously of exploring that area near the beginning of Term 2 when I was Foreign Advisor.

re: getting a map from India. In my limited experience it usually takes quite a bit more than just one tech gifted to get the AI to let go of its map. I never even bother. I think we can get a pretty good idea of where it is with the units at hand. If we're not at war, drop off the caravan and let him explore his way. Using the dip is a good idea, too, although they often get expelled, which can take several turns to get them back where they belong from the capital.

I think it depends a few things, but mostly attitude. Sometimes they are willing to share immediately, and sometimes I have to give them four techs before they want to share.
I'm not sure of it, but I've got the feeling it also depends on who found who and how much I know of their map allready. If they just pop up outside my city in the beginning of the game, they are not as likely to share since I'll gain more than them. In our case we both have a good hunch of where to find each other, but I'm not totally sure how much it affects the likelyhood of a mapswitch:)

F3 lists the Indians as Enthusiastic. If we enter an alliance as Rout suggests, they will trade maps without a gift. If we don't want an alliance, Worshipful should be only one gift away. The questions that remain are whether we wish to trade maps and if so, whether these terms are acceptable. Some things learned from OCC are actually applicable here. :)

Tentative Poll Results: Tax, Marco 600AD

Keep Tax 30%, Max Science 70% - unanimous 5 of 5 votes.
We'll earn well from the Wine Viborg Demand - 5 of 5
Subvert Viborg if the Wine payment gives us $enough - 3 of 5
Spend a few extra $11 IPRB to speed Settlers - 3 of 5
If Viborg cancels Wine Demand, come back to Fortified Legion - 5 of 5
Build Marco's in RC in 3 turns, only if we have the 8 Caravans for Leonardo
  But we don't, so RC $4 Crusader in 3, then Caravan. Objections?
And a couple votes for Trade Routes and other options.

I have posted specific recommendations in Boreum and both Chryshe threads, which need to be merged with poll results. MonkE moves in about 21 hours.

A few other items may go like this:
REGIA CIVITAS: Ocean serf to Road, now 7 shields
  Switch to Crusader IPRB $4 in 3
Civvium: Switch to Silver Caravan in 4, deliver? to RC
New LN Settler: Go found F4 finally, serf works Pheasant.
  LN works Pheasant while Settler moves onto Forest.
  Consider LN IPRB=10 $6 or whatever.
Bedfont Lakes: IPRB=30 $4, Caravan in 4

None Settler: SW W, build Road for Civvium, since it's already there. Then come back up, charging every 2 roads, and irrigate the Pheasant. F4 will have already utilized the Pheasant to grow and build a Caravan. Elysium, on the other hand, needs irrigation before it can utilize anything else.

Legendary City: IPRB $4, Caravan in 3, Next: Caravan?
It will be our SMC by building Caravans for Wonders.
Dip Guard East, Sentry on Road N of LC.
Khorsabad: Serf Whale & Forest, IPRB $6.
  Settler finish Road, SW Found SouthKhor City.

Marl Downs is a key growth city. It has 1.Red + 2.Black pop -- and 3 guards which are all doing nothing. One could guard the new city MD 3NE. MD switch to Caravan $4 in 5 turns, produce Salt for Elysium Demand. Any objections?

Attention Fans of Marco Polo

I'm not sure we'll have 8 more Caravans ready near Elysium or RC in 12 turns. If we use 4 Right Now (in 3 turns), we'll need 8 when we learn of Invention. It might be possible. Plans?

The other possibility is this: we wait, and when we're sure, build Leonardo and Marco back to back. That will merely delay Marco 8 or a few more years.

Other Poll Results - 600AD

REGIA CIVITAS Grows, Crusader, Civvium Silver Caravan
New LN Settler: Go found F4 finally, serf on Pheasant
  Name F4 either F4 or "Bay Nemo", your choice.
Beast Flats: Trireme 10/40 in 6, as planned
Penguin Flats: Diplomat 10/30 in 7, serf on Fish, grows in 7

Elysium to finish Marketplace in 9 (maybe IPRB $10?)
CJ Settler: come irrigate for Elysium growth :
  SW S charge, SW (to Dip Station) Irrigate.
TFalls: Caravan 0/50 in 11, 2 Roads, grows in 4
  1 gold + 3 beakers, IPRB $4 then new serf on Forest, $4
Little Nemo: Settler next, like usual, serf on Pheasant until F4
Gabba Gabba: Caravan next in 10, 2 Forest serfs

Incredibly to me, the Boreum Poll could be interpreted to build the Island D city before the important city MD 3NE. The MD Trireme and Captain are again near Antioch; why come back for a Settler now? Please post and vote in the Boreum and 2 Chryshe Polls ASAP. MonkE moves in about 12 hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom