Nightfang Mafia (Game Concluded)

Takhisis: Double A, Topsecret
Double A: Murska, Takhisis
AvatarKhepri: Pzelda, Yakostovian
What are the tiebreakers?
Is the lynch decided by a majority or just by any plurality?
I guess 2 doesn't count as "more than one" to you?
While it does denote that meaning, ‘multiple’ usually connotes a larger number than just two. Since you were being that specific, well, what are the two reasons?

Ok, Beroli, Tak, Avatar are only active players.
Chox forgot to vote, apparently not caring about getting lynched.
I'll join the only active player, who is voting an inactive one (my reason for choosing Robert over Johanna with Rakkoon).

UNVOTE: AVATARKHEPRI;
VOTE: ROBERT CAN'T

Plurality votes are all that is necessary and there is a tiebreaker mechanic already built in. Failing that method, I'd use a random method to select from the leading candidates.

What are the tiebreakers?
Is the lynch decided by a majority or just by any plurality?

While it does denote that meaning, ‘multiple’ usually connotes a larger number than just two. Since you were being that specific, well, what are the two reasons?

Both have already been stated, but I'll go over the conversation again, just for you.

"I think it's weird that Tak wants people to be chill, and then wasn't chill about getting wagoned, but that's less sus than not voting and probably isn't much of anything anyway"

"I think that's some good reasons to vote for Tak"

"...see tho, that's only one reason, not reasons, and also it's a bad reason, so neither 'good' nor 'reasons' is correct in that sentence."

"you should vote Tak just because they're Tak"

"oh silly me, I was wrong. There's two bad reasons to vote Tak, my bad."

It is now dusk. Please do not post again until dawn.

Day One

Discussion was spirited, though most of the delegates had seemingly already made up their minds by noon. As evening approached however, a few seemed to change their minds and finally, due to the boisterous nature of one of the delegates in particular, a decision was made about who to blame first for the vampire problem.

RobertCan't has died!

Spoiler for identity :
He was the Nightblade and a member of Great House Telvanni.

He was not a vampire!

Final Vote Tally
RobertCan't (3): JohannaK, Pzelda
Takhisis (2): DoubleA, Topsecret
DoubleA (2): Murska, Takhisis
JohannaK (1): Rakkoon
Beroli (1): RobertCan't
Yakostovian (1): Beroli
Choxorn (1): AvatarKhepri

No valid vote (1): Choxorn

Submit your night orders now! Dawn will break in just under 23.5 hours.

I should note that you are of course permitted to post in your faction QTs, even during the night.

There's 9.5 hours until dawn.

Night One

The night was quiet... too quiet. Murska was found dead in his room, lying on a meditation mat with his throat cut open.

Murska has died!

Spoiler for identity :
He was the Mystic and a member of Great House Telvanni.

He was not a vampire!

Day Two has begun. Midday will be in 24 hours and dusk in 48 hours.

Results PMs are now going out.

Ok, Beroli, Tak, Avatar are only active players.
Chox forgot to vote, apparently not caring about getting lynched.
I'll join the only active player, who is voting an inactive one (my reason for choosing Robert over Johanna with Rakkoon).

Without much else to go on for the moment, I'm gonna vote Pzelda to get an explanation. "I'll join the only active player who is voting an inactive one" is a weird way to describe JohannaK, given that they only have the one vote-post really early on that seems to be more a matter of upholding a tradition between visor and RC than any actual reason to vote RC.

Last edited:
Robert, no! :(

I wasn't upholding any tradition. I mean my tradition is to vote for visor, but in his absence I decided to vote for my bromance. :love:
Little could I imagine that someone would get him killed.

I also find really odd that two members of the same house died consecutively. Maybe the vampires are taking us out one family at a time?

Generic Observations
It is highly possible each house has a vampire. There may be a house free from vampires, but there is likely at least 3.

Two Telvanni players are dead... odds are one of the survivors is a vampire.

Can JohannaK or pzelda explain the extra tie-breaker?

Specific Discussions
I think you have played with him before, as this is not his first game here. Was South Park the first game he played here?

He votes me on the Playground as often as anyone else when he doesn't have a good lead, so I wouldn't call this alignment indicative based on his normal meta. While I know he's wrong to vote for me, I'm not sure why he agreed with you and then placed his vote on me. I'd like to stop answering while he has the potential to do so, because if he is scum, I think we will be able to figure it out based on his words, not mine.
The reason I asked you was because I was confident he would answer my suspicions.
I normally vote for anyone who posts without voting on Day One. In my very first game, this resulted in me pointing at the Devil. Not that it did much good, since no one else thought that was a good reason to vote for him (hm, deva vu).

I don't have enough of a grasp on the meta here to really say whether it's as consistently suspicious as it is on the Playground, but it's pretty reliable there in my experience, and I have no reason not to vote for Yakostovian.

Quite honestly, I don't know what the meta is around here any more since we have lots of new players.

Your vote just seemed slightly off because my case wasn't a case at all - it was just a joke (with a hope to see Yako's reaction).
I gave a reason to vote Chox in a later post. I even quoted you at the time. Are you blind, stupid, or malicious? Anyway, "I despise them on a personal level" isn't really a good reason to vote for somebody, which is more or less all I had anyway, and is why I didn't vote them.

Not that it really matters that I was voting choxorn because they're not voting, because at this point my choices are "vote somebody because I think they're suspicious" or "vote for somebody so that I don't die", but the latter assumes I wanna keep playing at all.
Slightly OOC: Don't take things too seriously - remember we're playing a mafia game. We're glad to have you here and I hope you do want to keep playing.
Robert, no! :(

I wasn't upholding any tradition. I mean my tradition is to vote for visor, but in his absence I decided to vote for my bromance. :love:
Little could I imagine that someone would get him killed.

I also find really odd that two members of the same house died consecutively. Maybe the vampires are taking us out one family at a time?
Do you know how the tie was broken?

Generic Observations
It is highly possible each house has a vampire. There may be a house free from vampires, but there is likely at least 3.

Two Telvanni players are dead... odds are one of the survivors is a vampire.
Indeed. I wonder if the vampires have a reason to want to kill House Telvanni first.

Or if they just want us to overthink it.

Leaning toward voting for choxorn or Takhisis right now. The one person I'm pretty sure I'm not going to vote for is AvatarKhepri. Not voting quite yet.

Indeed. I wonder if the vampires have a reason to want to kill House Telvanni first.

Or if they just want us to overthink it.

It's possible we're overthinking it without it being some master plan. Maybe they killed Murska because Murska is a dangerous opponent when allowed to play.

Leaning toward voting for choxorn or Takhisis right now.

Choxorn is on my shortlist for not voting at all D1, and I'll probably switch to them after Pzelda explains tgemselves unless a better target presents itself.

The one person I'm pretty sure I'm not going to vote for is AvatarKhepri. Not voting quite yet.

FoS on Beroli for this statement and the similar one yesterday.

What makes sense to me is that either pzelda has a double strength vote, or that someone has a day action to cast a secret vote, but I am not quite certain why someone would have targeted Robert by midday.

What makes sense to me is that either pzelda has a double strength vote, or that someone has a day action to cast a secret vote, but I am not quite certain why someone would have targeted Robert by midday.
The double vote could also have targeted you, no matter who you were voting for. :dunno:

vote: Beroli for tying himself to Khepri.

The double vote could also have targeted you, no matter who you were voting for. :dunno:
True, true, I did not consider that. Still I think that's a bit too convoluted.

True, true, I did not consider that. Still I think that's a bit too convoluted.
Possibly. My game had that exact role. And we have some experimental mechanics...

Top Bottom