No AI siege weapons

This does appear to be a legitimate problem. If you turn on cheatcodes and hold control and hover over buildings, it will give you the AI value for them. It appears the Foundries and Siege Workshops are receiving very low values (0-10) compared to other buildings (Healer Hut was 76). I will attempt to correct this in better RoM. It seems to be greatly hindering the AI's ability to wage successful wars.

greatly hindering??? It absolutely destroys the AI's chance... this problem coupled with ranged bombardment reminds me of Civ 3, remember? We as humans were the masters of artillery while the AI did not take one ranged shot at your armies...

Ranged bombardment is a great idea, but if the AI does not use it, and does not even build siege weapons, then it is double-hindered, to say the least.

I think zappara will fix this, he is obviously very smart, and he knows this is game breaking...

gonna try adding the AIwieght on my prince game and see what happens

i opened up the buildinginfos located here - C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Rise of Mankind\Assets\XML\Buildings\CIV4BuildingInfos.xml

is this the correct one?

all AIweight on every building was 0!

gonna try adding the AIwieght on my prince game and see what happens

For optimal AI, add approx 150 AI weight to Siege Workshops and 250 to Cannon Foundries. I know it seems high, but AI values tend to be higher numbers. I have fixed this for my next AND release.

The AI weight is normally 0, (The AI looks at different things the buildings provide [happiness, health, commerce, etc..] and weight it correctly in the game engine, but it seems Firaxis neglected to teach the AI to correctly value buildings that unlock units. ) Don't go tweaking all the buildings, only buildings that the AI fails at valuing.

For optimal AI, add approx 150 AI weight to Siege Workshops and 250 to Cannon Foundries. I know it seems high, but AI values tend to be higher numbers. I have fixed this for my next AND release.

The AI weight is normally 0, (The AI looks at different things the buildings provide [happiness, health, commerce, etc..] and weight it correctly in the game engine, but it seems Firaxis neglected to teach the AI to correctly value buildings that unlock units. ) Don't go tweaking all the buildings, only buildings that the AI fails at valuing.

Another thing I noticed (sorry, if discussed earlier) is that, the AI doesn´t understand that it needs to produce rubber and ammunitions in order to build stormtroopers (with rome 3.02 mod, etc.).

so, what we have is a mass spam of infantry but there are hardly any other troops out there...

doesnt seem to have made any difference adding these values, any progress on a patch fix?

Top Bottom