No city screen appearing with F1 or City screen button

Duinhir

Chieftain
Hi!

I didn't find a similar bug reported in the list. I installed C2C 2 weeks ago and everything seems to be working well... Well excepted when I hit F1, no demographic screen appears. I don't know what to do (I even wondered if screen appear only after the discovery of a given technology)
I currently have 14 cities so it is still manageable with pain, but on a huge map it will soon be unplayable.

If this a known bug, a configuration problem?

I repeat that the mod works perfectly well excepted for that damned scrren

Are you playing on a laptop? I know that my flatmate's function keys don't work in Civ IV.

Incidentally, F9 is the demographics screen. F1 is the city screen.

Thanks for the reply
Yes, on I'm playing on a laptop, but only the F1 key is ineffective and the city screen doesn't appear either by clicking on the button in the display or hitting F1.
The other function key work well (for finance screen, diplomatic screen etc.)

Thanks for the reply
Yes, on I'm playing on a laptop, but only the F1 key is ineffective and the city screen doesn't appear either by clicking on the button in the display or hitting F1.
The other function key work well (for finance screen, diplomatic screen etc.)

You may want to check your laptop settings are not hard coded for F1 key is not set to display help files.

Maybe you somehow corrupted the settings for that particular screen. To check for that:

- close civ4
- move all files from the directory <path to civ4-bts>\mods\c2c\UserSettings to somewhere (as backup) and replace them by the original versions (from svn or the install file)
- restart civ4

This resets all your screens and might fix your problem. Please note that your Ctrl-Shift-O options are also reset

modolets, I will try this thanks

Iceman68, city screen works well with bts vanilla patched by hitting F1, so it is seemingly a C2C problem .

Hi!

I tried this, I moved all c2c files in a c2cold file, then downloaded the last version (it was the 5 october)
Still no city screen :(

I started a flourishing greek civ, as I must check every city personnaly, I believe my people know well my face now

well that is odd...

There used to be a bug when scripts would not initialise properly if the install directory contained non-english letters. Does the Python Errorlog contain any errors or warnings?

hem... were could I find the errorlog (in caveman2cosmos mod folder? in CIV folder?)

Note that I tried to change the resolution, it doesn't change anything.

I'm glad to be a interesting case and I'd like to find a doctor house for C2C :)

The log files are found in a folder something like My Documents/Beyond the Sword/Logs. The first bit changes with installation and OS on my current machine it is Libraries/Documents/My Documents/Beyond the Sword/Logs

here is the PythonErr2 file content

Spoiler :

sys.path = ['..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\email', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\encodings', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\build', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\lib', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\py', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\tools', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\lib\\colourchooser', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\lib\\editor', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\lib\\floatcanvas', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\lib\\masked', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\lib\\mixins', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\lib\\ogl', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\af', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\ca', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\cs', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\da', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\de', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\el', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\es', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\eu', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\fi', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\fr', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\hi', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\hu', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\id', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\it', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\ja', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\lv', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\nb', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\nl', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\pl', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\pt_BR', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\ru', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\sl', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\sv', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\tr', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\uk', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\zh_CN', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\zh_TW', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\af\\LC_MESSAGES', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\ca\\LC_MESSAGES', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\cs\\LC_MESSAGES', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\da\\LC_MESSAGES', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\de\\LC_MESSAGES', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\el\\LC_MESSAGES', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\es\\LC_MESSAGES', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\eu\\LC_MESSAGES', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\fi\\LC_MESSAGES', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\fr\\LC_MESSAGES', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\hi\\LC_MESSAGES', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\hu\\LC_MESSAGES', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\id\\LC_MESSAGES', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\it\\LC_MESSAGES', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\ja\\LC_MESSAGES', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\lv\\LC_MESSAGES', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\nb\\LC_MESSAGES', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\nl\\LC_MESSAGES', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\pl\\LC_MESSAGES', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\pt_BR\\LC_MESSAGES', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\ru\\LC_MESSAGES', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\sl\\LC_MESSAGES', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\sv\\LC_MESSAGES', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\tr\\LC_MESSAGES', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\uk\\LC_MESSAGES', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\zh_CN\\LC_MESSAGES', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\zh_TW\\LC_MESSAGES', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\py\\tests', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\tools\\XRCed', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\tools\\XRCed\\src-images', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM']

sys.modules = {'zipimport': <module 'zipimport' (built-in)>, 'signal': <module 'signal' (built-in)>, '__builtin__': <module '__builtin__' (built-in)>, 'sys': <module 'sys' (built-in)>, '__main__': <module '__main__' (built-in)>, 'exceptions': <module 'exceptions' (built-in)>, 'CvPythonExtensions': <module 'CvPythonExtensions' (built-in)>}

sys.builtin_module_names = ('CvPythonExtensions', '__builtin__', '__main__', '_bisect', '_codecs', '_codecs_cn', '_codecs_hk', '_codecs_iso2022', '_codecs_jp', '_codecs_kr', '_codecs_tw', '_csv', '_heapq', '_hotshot', '_locale', '_multibytecodec', '_random', '_sre', '_subprocess', '_symtable', '_weakref', '_winreg', 'array', 'audioop', 'binascii', 'cPickle', 'cStringIO', 'cmath', 'collections', 'datetime', 'errno', 'exceptions', 'gc', 'imageop', 'imp', 'itertools', 'marshal', 'math', 'md5', 'mmap', 'msvcrt', 'nt', 'operator', 'parser', 'regex', 'rgbimg', 'sha', 'signal', 'strop', 'struct', 'sys', 'thread', 'time', 'xxsubtype', 'zipimport')
load_module CvEventInterface
load_module BugEventManager
load_module CvEventManager
load_module CvUtil
load_module traceback
load_module CvScreensInterface
load_module CvMainInterface
load_module ScreenInput
load_module CvScreenEnums
load_module time
load_module ProcessUpgrades
load_module BugUtil
load_module BugPath
load_module BugConfigTracker
load_module ColorUtil
load_module Immigration
load_module CvTechChooser
load_module TechPrefs
load_module BugCore
load_module BugOptions
load_module BugConfig
load_module BugDll
load_module BugInit
load_module BugTypes
load_module xmllib
..\WARLORDS\ASSETS\PYTHON\SYSTEM\xmllib.py:9: DeprecationWarning: The xmllib module is obsolete. Use xml.sax instead.
21:07:45 DEBUG: BugConfig - registering xml handler BugConfig.RootHandler
21:07:45 DEBUG: BugConfig - registering bug handler BugConfig.BugHandler
21:07:45 DEBUG: BugConfig - registering load handler BugConfig.LoadHandler
21:07:45 DEBUG: BugConfig - registering config handler BugConfig.ConfigHandler
21:07:45 DEBUG: BugConfig - registering arg handler BugConfig.ArgHandler
load_module configobj
load_module __future__
load_module codecs
load_module validate
validate import failed
21:07:46 INFO : BugCore - creating uninitialized mod Advisors
21:07:46 INFO : BugCore - creating uninitialized mod NJAGC
load_module GameUtil
21:07:46 INFO : BugCore - creating uninitialized mod RoMSettings
load_module PyHelpers
load_module pickle
load_module CvGameUtils
load_module RevInstances
load_module BugOptionsScreen
load_module BugErrorOptionsTab
load_module BugOptionsTab
load_module BugHelp
load_module Popup
21:07:46 INFO : BugCore - creating uninitialized mod Core
21:07:46 INFO : BugCore - creating uninitialized mod MainInterface
load_module CityUtil
21:07:46 INFO : BugCore - creating uninitialized mod Scores
21:07:46 INFO : BugCore - creating uninitialized mod CityScreen
21:07:46 INFO : BugCore - creating uninitialized mod Revolution
load_module ReligionUtil
load_module FontUtil
load_module MonkeyTools
load_module AStarTools
21:07:46 INFO : BugCore - creating uninitialized mod PLE
load_module UnitUtil
load_module PlayerUtil
load_module TradeUtil
load_module DiplomacyUtil
load_module AttitudeUtil
load_module Scoreboard
load_module DealUtil
load_module BugUnitPlot
load_module ReminderEventManager
load_module SdToolKit
load_module BugData
load_module cPickle
load_module autolog
load_module CvModName
21:07:46 INFO : BugCore - creating uninitialized mod Autolog
21:07:46 INFO : BugCore - creating uninitialized mod Reminder
load_module CvAppInterface
load_module GGUtil
load_module GPUtil
load_module ProgressBarUtil
load_module PLE
load_module CvMADNukesManager
load_module math
load_module RawYields
load_module CvForeignAdvisor
load_module CvExoticForeignAdvisor
load_module IconGrid_BUG
load_module DomPyHelpers
load_module TechTree
load_module FavoriteCivicDetector
load_module CvReligionScreen
load_module CvCorporationScreen
load_module CvCivicsScreen
load_module CvVictoryScreen
load_module TechUtil
load_module GameSetUpCheck
load_module AutoSave
load_module MapFinder
load_module MapFinderStatusScreen
21:07:46 INFO : BugCore - creating uninitialized mod MapFinder
21:07:46 INFO : BugCore - creating uninitialized mod AutoSave
load_module Buffy
21:07:46 INFO : BugCore - creating uninitialized mod BUFFY
load_module CvEspionageAdvisor
load_module SpyUtil
load_module BugScreen
21:07:46 INFO : BugCore - creating uninitialized mod BetterEspionage
load_module CvOptionsScreen
load_module CvReplayScreen
load_module CvHallOfFameScreen
load_module CvDanQuayle
load_module CvUnVictoryScreen
load_module CvDawnOfMan
load_module CvTechSplashScreen
load_module CvTopCivs
load_module random
load_module CvInfoScreen
load_module CvIntroMovieScreen
load_module CvVictoryMovieScreen
load_module CvWonderMovieScreen
load_module CvEraMovieScreen
load_module CvSpaceShipScreen
load_module SevoScreenEnums
load_module CvWorldBuilderScreen
load_module CvDebugTools
load_module CvDebugInfoScreen
load_module CvMapGeneratorUtil
load_module NaturalWonders
load_module CvGFCScreen
load_module BuildListScreen
load_module CvPopupInterface
load_module CvScreenUtilsInterface
load_module CvOverlayScreenUtils
load_module CvDotMapOverlayScreen
load_module CvStrategyOverlay
21:07:46 INFO : BugCore - creating uninitialized mod StrategyOverlay
load_module GreatPersonScreen
load_module GreatPersonEvents
load_module RandomNameUtils
21:07:46 INFO : BugCore - creating uninitialized mod CustDomAdv
21:07:46 INFO : BugCore - creating uninitialized mod TechWindow
load_module C2CMainOptions
load_module C2CNationAdvisor
init-ing world builder screen
load_module CvWBPopups
load_module CvCameraControls
load_module CvAdvisorUtils
load_module InputUtil
21:07:46 DEBUG: BugUtil - extending BugEventManager.preGameStart instead CvAppInterface
21:07:46 DEBUG: BugEventManager - adding event 'PreGameStart'
21:07:46 DEBUG: BugEventManager - adding event 'BeginActivePlayerTurn'
21:07:46 DEBUG: BugEventManager - adding event 'SwitchHotSeatPlayer'
21:07:46 DEBUG: BugEventManager - adding event 'LanguageChanged'
21:07:46 DEBUG: BugEventManager - adding event 'ResolutionChanged'
21:07:46 DEBUG: BugEventManager - adding event 'PythonReloaded'
21:07:46 DEBUG: BugEventManager - adding event 'unitUpgraded'
21:07:46 DEBUG: BugEventManager - adding event 'unitCaptured'
21:07:46 DEBUG: BugEventManager - adding event 'combatWithdrawal'
21:07:46 DEBUG: BugEventManager - adding event 'combatRetreat'
21:07:46 DEBUG: BugEventManager - adding event 'combatLogCollateral'
21:07:46 DEBUG: BugEventManager - adding event 'combatLogFlanking'
21:07:46 DEBUG: BugEventManager - adding event 'playerRevolution'
21:07:46 DEBUG: BugEventManager - adding event 'addTeam'
21:07:46 DEBUG: BugInit - init() called
21:07:46 DEBUG: BugInit - game not fully initialized
PY:OnInit

The PytonErr2 file is not much use in game. It is more for modders testing new stuff. The better error logs are PythonErr and maybe PythonDbg the latter contains all the trace prints but depends on the settings you have in the BUG options screen on error reporting.

PythonErr is by far the best.

Top Bottom