No Deer Were Harmed In This Incident - Hunters Not So Lucky

Status
Not open for further replies.

wilbill

That Old Time Religion
I'm not sure what the moral of this story is, but there must be one.

5 Killed, 3 Hurt in Wis. Hunting Dispute

By JOSHUA FREED, Associated Press Writer

BIRCHWOOD, Wis. - A deer hunter killed five people and wounded three more in a dispute over a hunting platform on private property during the opening weekend of deer season, authorities said.

A 36-year-old man was arrested Sunday afternoon when he came out of the woods, sheriff's officials said.

Deputy Jake Hodgkinson identified the suspect as Chai Vang but would give no details. Vang is from St. Paul, Minn., said Paul Schnell, a spokesman for the St. Paul police department.

The shooting started when two hunters returning to their rural cabin on private land saw the suspect in one of their hunting platforms in a tree, Sawyer County Chief Deputy Tim Zeigle said. Hunters often build platforms in trees in order to be able to view prey and shoot from a high angle.

Both of those hunters were wounded and one of them radioed friends at the cabin a quarter-mile away. Other members of their group responded and they also were shot, he said.

"It's absolutely nuts. Why? Over sitting in a tree stand?" asked Zeigle.

Zeigle said the suspect was "chasing after them and killing them," with a SKS 7.62 mm semiautomatic rifle, a common hunting weapon. Wisconsin's statewide deer gun hunting season started Saturday and lasts for nine days.

About 20 shots were fired but it was unclear if any of the hunters had fired at the suspect or who might have shot first, Zeigle said. There was just one gun among the eight people killed or wounded, he said.

I bet if the eight victims were all carrying weapons, the body count might have been different.

I bet if the hunter didn't have a gun, he wouldn't have shot anyone. Any takers? I'll give you good odds!

This is pretty bizarre. Maybe the guy fought for the Vietcong is a previous life or something?

that guy sound vietnamese

the SKS simonov was used by the viet cong, i wonder if any of those hunters had nam flashbacks :p

"we got charlie at the tree line, requesting close air support, over"

Mise said:
I bet if the hunter didn't have a gun, he wouldn't have shot anyone. Any takers? I'll give you good odds!

:lol:

actually I'm not surprised :p
Btw since you brought it up. I know what "Charlie" is, but what does "G.I" stand for?

Gelion said:
Btw since you brought it up. I know what "Charlie" is, but what does "G.I" stand for?

General Infantry

YotoKiller said:
General Infantry
Thanks! Although I suspected something cooler alongside "grunts"... :crazyeye:

Gelion said:

G.I. = Ground Infantry

Edit: Alittle late... that's what I get for loading up the page and then going to eat supper, coming back and not refreshing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom