No UI in the mod

Dissonance

Warlord
Hello everyone! It's been forever since I've actually posted anything here, but I've been coming back to the mod. Love the damn thing.

Except over the last while, I've been getting a strange thing where I have no UI at all when I get into the game. I've deleted the cache and profiles, reinstalled the game and the mod and... nothing. Help? :(

I would use a fresh SVN checkout. That sounds like you've got some serious file set conflict issues and there's numerous ways that could have taken place. One of the most common is to think you can update by merging the newest version with what you had. Not saying that's it necessarily. But I'd try to get a fresh new mod folder from scratch before taking any other steps.

I would use a fresh SVN checkout. That sounds like you've got some serious file set conflict issues and there's numerous ways that could have taken place. One of the most common is to think you can update by merging the newest version with what you had. Not saying that's it necessarily. But I'd try to get a fresh new mod folder from scratch before taking any other steps.

Do you mean delete the downloaded SVN files? Because I always clear out the mod files before unpacking the new version.

Hello everyone! It's been forever since I've actually posted anything here, but I've been coming back to the mod. Love the damn thing.

Except over the last while, I've been getting a strange thing where I have no UI at all when I get into the game. I've deleted the cache and profiles, reinstalled the game and the mod and... nothing. Help? :(

If you reinstalled BtS then did you make sure to manually patch to the Official 3.19 patch? The Updater/autopatch does Not always take. Would explain why you have no UI.

Or do you have 2 versions of Caveman2Cosmos in your Bts\Mods folder?

And don't Install the Mod in My Documents either.

JosEPh

We have now had two people say that they have no UI when using the SVN. It is too late here now (1am) but I will check out the current SVN and see if I also get no UI tomorrow morning.

We have now had two people say that they have no UI when using the SVN. It is too late here now (1am) but I will check out the current SVN and see if I also get no UI tomorrow morning.

Checked newest SVN and everything is ok with UI.

@Dissonance

Post full path where you installed mod, ok?

Do you mean delete the downloaded SVN files? Because I always clear out the mod files before unpacking the new version.

Interesting comment/question. Since you wouldn't unpack an SVN file once checked out. I'd just delete all the mod files you have for C2C and check out a fresh new SVN repository folder.

I'm having the same issue. I just today (4/2/15) updated the SVN, I hadnt played or updated in... 2-3 months. I'll try a fresh checkout.

hum... well, that was weird. I rolled it back to 8411 and the UI was working there so just got each update and checked in turn and the UI never went away again. So, not sure what happened there, something probably lost a packet or two on the initial dl but it is all working now.

If you reinstalled BtS then did you make sure to manually patch to the Official 3.19 patch? The Updater/autopatch does Not always take. Would explain why you have no UI.

Or do you have 2 versions of Caveman2Cosmos in your Bts\Mods folder?

And don't Install the Mod in My Documents either.

JosEPh

Checked, the game is 3.19. Only one version, nothing installed into My Documents

Checked newest SVN and everything is ok with UI.

@Dissonance

Post full path where you installed mod, ok?

Full path is
Code:
I:\Steam2\SteamApps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization IV Beyond the Sword\Beyond the Sword\Mods\C2C

Interesting comment/question. Since you wouldn't unpack an SVN file once checked out. I'd just delete all the mod files you have for C2C and check out a fresh new SVN repository folder.

Deleted all my SVN content (all 13GB of it :O) and checked out a brand new version. Same issue :(

I'm having the same issue. I just today (4/2/15) updated the SVN, I hadnt played or updated in... 2-3 months. I'll try a fresh checkout.

hum... well, that was weird. I rolled it back to 8411 and the UI was working there so just got each update and checked in turn and the UI never went away again. So, not sure what happened there, something probably lost a packet or two on the initial dl but it is all working now.

Trying this right now! ... no luck with 8411. I also tried not using FullOfResources, just in case, no difference.

EDIT: Started an unmodded game, got proper UI. reload into C2C, nothing. Here's a screenshot: http://imgur.com/G44OhKG

EDIT2: I wonder if this has something to do with the BUG and related UI tweaks. DO they store additional files somewhere outside of the normal directories? Could an external file been lost/corrupted?

Change path to:
I:\Steam2\SteamApps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization IV Beyond the Sword\Beyond the Sword\Mods\caveman2cosmos

Just downloaded and enabled SVN for the first time, went through the C2C download and extraction instructions and started a new game... and no UI.
So I:
1) deleted all other mods in Program Files (x86)/Firaxis Games/Civ4/BTS/Mods
2) deleted all mods in My Games
3) deleted all saved games
4) cleaned the Registry
5) rebooted

and it worked.
The location of my C2C SVN version was not changed nor renamed to get this fixed.

BTW, the SVN instructions had a variance from what my menu offered:
Instructions said to "Select the 'export without versioned files' option but my list only had "SVN export versioned items here" ... no "without" on any of the options.

BTW, the SVN instructions had a variance from what my menu offered:
Instructions said to "Select the 'export without versioned files' option but my list only had "SVN export versioned items here" ... no "without" on any of the options.

Good point. I've been meaning to mention this. The option in the menu is something like "export all items". At least, it's always worked for me. It took me a while to decide that since the instructions ruled out "export versioned", the 'other' one must be the one they intend to instruct you to use (I think there's a third option but I somehow managed to rule it out too:crazyeye:).

seems to be having this problem i have checked everything i get errors after i get to the map are a lot of failed creating ini files. it seems my usersettings file is totally empty. not sure how to fix this.

seems to be having this problem i have checked everything i get errors after i get to the map are a lot of failed creating ini files. it seems my usersettings file is totally empty. not sure how to fix this.

Failed to create files means you are not running the game as a user with administrator-level privileges. I never have this problem, but my best guess at the solution is:
1. Log on as the administrator user; and/or
2. Right-click the exe or shortcut and select "Run as administrator".

The most likely cause is by having a different version of the bug mod in your custom assets folder than the one c2c uses.

It could also be related to installing Steam games in Program Files. That's usually not a good idea.

the start as an administrator worked thank you but now i cant load save games unless its an auto save. it loads but crashes as of the first click to end the turn.

Top Bottom