1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Noble Houses and Revolutions Feedback thread

Discussion in 'Wildmana Modmod' started by Sephi, Apr 16, 2010.

1. Smakemupagus

Smakemupagus Warlord

I like the thoughts you all have already had about balancing the revolts, and scaling with empire size. it's killing the AIs right now in 8.02

i think the case where you capture a Guild Headquarters from a house you don't take the active support from is not really balanced -- in that case you get the tons of gold but don't take on any of the revolt risk. It seems like those guild HQs are everywhere, so there are real powerhouse cities all over the map. Is it possible to make it so you lose the Headquarters if you don't accept the support of the House? Maybe the HQ always moves to a civ that is supporting it?

The Fighter's House (Thraskk?) seems to be giving the wrong pop-up text at join offer. I think it gives the Banker's Kundarakk message (Those rascally dwarves won't get our gold!)

2. ond_magiker

ond_magiker Chieftain

Houses Kundarak and Tharashk are missing favored civics and techs. Is that on purpose? I accepted Tharashk once, and it was basically impossible to hinder a revolution.

3. Knickohr

Knickohr Chieftain

House Kundrak gets Support+Multiplier from Great Merchants, which feels ok playing with them last time.

4. tatva

tatva Chieftain

As smakemu said, house tarrashk shows the message from house kudarak when offering support.

If you will use a limit like 15 cities, is that for standard maps, right? make it scale with mapsize...

5. Grimz101

Grimz101 King

and scale with the amount of civilizations, I love playing extremely crowded maps :).

6. Breez

Breez King

I play tiny with 8 AI :) you get room for about 4 cites before wilderness is gone

7. Tarquelne

Tarquelne Follower of Tytalus

I thought I saw this addressed somewhere but I couldn't find it...

Do revolting cities have a chance of directly joining another civ? One enjoying good support from the House behind the revolt, of course.

If not, I think it sounds good. (Heck, I think it'd be neat if very high support of a House in one civ increased discontent in another. Too tough on the AI, perhaps.)

8. Transcendental

Transcendental Chieftain

Not sure if it was mentioned before, since I'm a n00b to these forums. But in 8.11 the noble houses still seem to offer their support regardless of whether the civ has the techs required, and even if the civ does not have access to a number of their favored resources.

I just got an offer from the entertainer noble house (whateveri its name is >.>). I have access to none of their favored resources apart from maybe the mind mana produced by my palace, and I don't even have the festivals tech, much less drama.

I got a free theater from a random event some turns before their offer, and apparently that's all it took. Because they offered their support as soon as I went into anarchy after changing my civics to conquest/military state/nationhood.

9. wapamingo

wapamingo Prince

Indeed, I have had that house offer support with that event, and once just at random.

I think there should be a check to prevent the house forming without the appropriate technology being present somewhere in the world.

10. aimlessgun

aimlessgun King

Hrm, so your cities can revolt even if the corporation isn't present in them? Seems a little ridiculous, especially when you have this new civ that supposedly revolted due to the noble house, without the support of said noble house.

Also, not sure if I'm just bad at finding things, but is there a way to kick out a noble house if they're threatening a revolt?

11. Iskar Jarak

Iskar Jarak Chieftain

Why does House Thrashik (I think) only have a couple of buildings that provide support, I would think that building their units would increase support at least. It seems really destabilizing to have to continuously conquer other cities to keep them happy, and consider the diminishing returns, as you get more cities chances of revolt increase so you need more cities.

12. Sephi

Sephi Deity

I noticed Issues with House Tharashk as well. There are a few changes in next patch
    • Noble Houses have Techprereqs again
    • Support Modifiers for House Cannith, Kundarak and Tharashk finetuned
    • Support of House Tharashk increases/decreases with cities captured/lost

13. [to_xp]Gekko

[to_xp]Gekko QCT junkie

that seems like it will punish players who are already having a hard time though, and viceversa.

14. Iskar Jarak

Iskar Jarak Chieftain

What happens if you capture then raze a city?

15. Sephi

Sephi Deity

you only loose support if your city is captured by someone else via conquest. culture flip, gifting, razing by your own, etc. does not count.

No Gekko, it simply prevents Players to get into a situation where they cannot keep the Support high nomatter what they do.

16. Neomega

Neomega Deity

I like the way the houses work right now. It may feel overpowered to many, but the AI is also getting multiple house support. But, as I look at it, it seems like the only big modifiers are for Cannith and Kandark.

I think mercantalism, free trade, and decentralization* should be big modifiers for Ghallanda and Kandarak.

(Decentralization should give +1 trade route per city, IMHO, or +10% gold in non capital cities, or something like that)

Also, I know Esus is like a thieves' guild, but it would still be cool for there to be a thieves' guild, and have it compete with one of the traders guilds. I only say this because it seems Vadelis has an affinity with FoL.

As a mechanic, the thieves guild could form up at the first city in your empire to reach 100% crime. Make it drain beakers and production, but give gold and crime. It's resources would be like gold, silver, pearls, silk, jewelry, shadow mana, chaos mana, (dimension mana :mischief:) and spices. Decentralization would be one of its preferred civics. I don't know if it would be possible to steal a resource for ten turns from another civ, but it would be cool to see.

17. Folket

Folket Deity

Is it just me or are the units from Tharashk way strong? 19 in strengh + amount of mithril

Cost only as 2 champions.

Guess I'm playing 8.1 and have not really tried them since I win before I get there.

18. Neomega

Neomega Deity

Also, I think there should be another food house competing with Vadalis. In history, there has always been a struggle between farmers/sedentary civilizations and nomad/hunter/pastoral civs.

19. Neomega

Neomega Deity

the vadalis camp chance for discovering furs, ivory, or deer should be cut about 75%. Right now, they seem to come too easy.

20. Tarquelne

Tarquelne Follower of Tytalus

I was thinking something similar about House G.'s Wandering... Inn, is it?

Maybe the extra Resources could expire after quite awhile. Certainly longer than a 10-turn trade cycle. 50 turns? Or make the Wandering unit more expensive?

I've played games with support of the Merchant, Trade, and Magic Houses. Maintaining the support level seemed very easy. Maybe not too easy, but generally I just had to do things I would have done anyway. Perhaps the occasional demand or request from a House? Micro-quests for a particular Resource, or city, or X units, or something. Success doesn't increase support, but failure decreases it quite a bit.