Nominations for Team Captain

I dont' think that'll work so well. If someone is nominated for more than one position, they should, with Due Dilligence, accept only one nomination. Anything else gets complicated.

I think this came up last elections. Cant remember the descision. I say just let them be nominated and pick at the end.

Good to see ya, CG

Meleager said:
Good to see ya, CG
Thanks,
Been trying to use as much free time as I can get (College Junior). I figured that this would be a good possition for me :).

Nominations for Team Captian will happen in the term 5 nominations :). So its still closed.

A question for the candidates to answer ...

Will you as the Team Captain get our UN member list changed to be a more accurate representation of our membership ?

I would like for our UN team list to at the very least designate the majority of names to lurker status ... I'd even be discussing with Ginger_Ale to add an asterix to the names of those who have never ever posted anything ...

I'm irritated with all these 25 names when only a handfull have ever added anything to our team ... time to cull the deadwood.

I would like to nominate myself and accept.

If elected I would appoint a deputy so that the team could always run smoothly.

I also ask you, I have been team captain before; I have plenty of experience, and many time posted revisions to polls before RM even got around to posting them in our own forum (ex: post #3 here). Compared to our current team captain of whom days have gone by without poll postings. I ask you; have you ever had to wait for my duties to be performed? You can expect the same work to be done in the next terms. I'm also sure there are some on this team right now who have received welcome PM's from me, something I hope to continue in the coming terms.

my respectable opposition said:
Will you as the Team Captain get our UN member list changed to be a more accurate representation of our membership ?
Maybe; but I think that the fact that we have gotten to the point where we have so many inactive members is a problem. If elected I plan to send messages to every member who has not posted within one week, and encourage them to participate more. Ideally this will bring some members back, but it will also likely encourage some members to notify us of their current situation, allowing us to put them to lurker status with a clean conscious. In the event of no response I may ask GA&RM to possibly move our inactive members to the bottom of the list, but not with any marking such as an asterisk. Such markings send the wrong message. Our first priority should be to re-instill a commitment to the team.

Good to read from you ybbor :wavey: ... I like what you are saying :D

I like moving the names to the bottom ... under those that have requested to be designated as lurkers :D

I therefore reverse my initial acceptance and decline the nomination.

I'm glad we're finally talking about this out in the open. I'd made a small list at home with active members at the top, and silent ones at the bottom. I felt like a sneak, keeping a list like that, but I just wanted to keep track of whose paying attention here.

I think a simple reorganization of the team list is best. No need to attach a symbol, I think Ybbor's right that it may send a negative message. After all, a team-member may really enjoy reading our thread, yet choose not to post or vote for various reasons (no excuse for not choosing Abstain when available!)

I wouldn't want to upset anyone by this rearrangement, so I think Ybbor's got the right idea.

peter grimes said:
I'm glad we're finally talking about this out in the open. I'd made a small list at home with active members at the top, and silent ones at the bottom. I felt like a sneak, keeping a list like that, but I just wanted to keep track of whose paying attention here.

I think a simple reorganization of the team list is best. No need to attach a symbol, I think Ybbor's right that it may send a negative message. After all, a team-member may really enjoy reading our thread, yet choose not to post or vote for various reasons (no excuse for not choosing Abstain when available!)

I wouldn't want to upset anyone by this rearrangement, so I think Ybbor's got the right idea.
I think it would be good for you to post this and show they active members, so that the team Captain can PM the inactive members to remind them about thi game.

I PM'd the entire citizen list about 30-40 turns ago - I think it was near an election. No one responded to my newsletter, even though there was an explicit request for responses and removals from the list.

I'm not going to lose too mush sleep over it, no matter what happens. We all know who posts regularly, and that's what's important. If we drop below 5, we'll just need to 'alter' the Constitution a little bit.

I decline.
But thank you.

Please vote for me as Domestic Minister!
:goodjob:

I'm heartened to see that there are reliable people running for this office.

I decline the nomination, but I wouldn't mind the post in the future ;)

but how on earth will I manage to enrich myself through this position?... maybe I won't consider it in the future, after all

Top Bottom