Noob question

ConorRyan23

Chieftain
Hi guys,

Sorry if this question has been asked before or if this is in the wrong forum; but for the past 5 days I have been trying to get the reveal map mod. Everywhere I look it says open my library and edit it. But I bought the game via the App store and not on Steam. So im wondering how I can reveal the map if I bought it through the App store.

Or is there away to access Civ 6 through Steam even though I purchased through the App Store.

Help here would be amazing!

Thank you so much!

Where is the Reveal Map Mod? Is there a thread in the forums describing it?

Where is the Reveal Map Mod? Is there a thread in the forums describing it?

Im not sure if it's a mod, i just saw it when I searched online.

Anyways, is there a way to download the mods if I bought the game via the app store?! Thats the main question I have

You can't download a Steam mod from the Steam Workshop unless you have the Steam version of the game. You should be able to download a mod if you have a direct link to it. You would then need to unpack it so that it's a folder containing the component files and subfolders, and place it in the correct Mods folder on your system. There's a post here that says the Mods folder for the AppStore version is at ~/Library/Containers/com.aspyr.civ6.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Sid Meier's Civilization VI/Mods

NOTE 1. ~/ means your Home folder.
NOTE 2. ~/Library is hidden on the Mac, A simple way to open it is to select the Finder's Go menu. Hold down the alt key, and select the Library option that then appears in that menu. You can then navigate to the Mods folder from there.

Hey thanks for your help!

I found everything you were telling me and downloaded the mod that I wanted, but I cant seem to find this part "~/Library/Containes/com.aspyr.civ6/Data/Library/Application Support/Sid Meier's Civilization VI/Mods".

I included the mod that I downloaded and the part about finding Library as you instructed me. Basically, I found the mod founder in the library as you can see the 2 folders. I just dont know what the next steps are after that.. Pulling my hair out on this one so far...

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-07-04 at 18.05.37.png
    Screen Shot 2017-07-04 at 18.05.37.png
    54.7 KB · Views: 227
  • Screen Shot 2017-07-04 at 18.13.59.png
    Screen Shot 2017-07-04 at 18.13.59.png
    95.2 KB · Views: 210
  • Screen Shot 2017-07-04 at 18.13.59.png
    Screen Shot 2017-07-04 at 18.13.59.png
    95.2 KB · Views: 233
  • Screen Shot 2017-07-04 at 18.05.37.png
    Screen Shot 2017-07-04 at 18.05.37.png
    54.7 KB · Views: 220
The Library folder shown in your screenshots is the one at the top level of your hard drive, not the one inside your Home Folder. It looks as if you have attached two copies for each of two screenshots, so I can't see your full folder hierarchy.

You MUST put the mod folder into the Mods folder that I listed above. Use the alt key to get into the ~/Library folder - you can't see it in the finder windows because it's invisible.

You can hold down the shift key while clicking the Go menu in finder to select it, or just type Command Shift L in finder to go directly to your Library folder in your User folder.

The other way, if you need to access invisible folders often like with constant mod loading, is to use the free utility Onyx to enable viewing invisible folders.

Top Bottom