Noob Questions

Mitchos77

Chieftain
Hey,

I just purchased BTS and was reading about the new abilities that forts have. I currently have a city which has 3 clam resources in it, however my city is 2tiles away from the water and i cant seem to make a work boat.

My question is how do i connect my city to the water? Do i need to use the forts?

EDIT:Just thought of another question. For those who play on maps with alot of water seperating land masses, how do you fight battles most successfully? do you wait until later in the game when more advanced ships/aircraft become available or do you ferry tons of melee/gunpowder units across on boats??

Cheers,

Mitch

Thanks for the reply.

I have edited my post above and added another question.

Also, how often do you find a resource such as gold/gems etc when mining? I am yet to find any.

It's pretty rare, and only happens when the city works the tile
EDIT:Just thought of another question. For those who play on maps with alot of water seperating land masses, how do you fight battles most successfully? do you wait until later in the game when more advanced ships/aircraft become available or do you ferry tons of melee/gunpowder units across on boats??

It's possible to ferry a good invasion army over the water. Just ask Joao-got crushed by his cross-continental army when I wasn't aware of the BTS improved AI :lol:

Improved AI?

are you saying that the AI is more likely to ferry troops across water now than prior to BTS?

The AI was improved all round, but the war AI was improved the most. The war AI in BTS is much better than vanilla Civ. Case in point, I got Dog Soldier rushed by a Native American guy around 1000 BC last game:(. After taking my capital, they whipped the population down so that by the time I could counterattack, they had 3 archers fortified in my city. GG.

Is it possible to turn off global warming while already in a game? i.e. not lose the game i have saved.(still in A.D.)

I have found the code to do it:

You can easily disable global warmimg:
Just go to
Assets\XML\GlobalDefines
and change
this:
<Define>
<DefineName>GLOBAL_WARMING_PROB</DefineName>
<iDefineIntVal>20</iDefineIntVal>
</Define>
To this:
<Define>
<DefineName>GLOBAL_WARMING_PROB</DefineName>
<iDefineIntVal>0</iDefineIntVal>
</Define>

Secondly, In BTS i now have to click the button which shows the picture of the resource in the circle at the start of every turn!!! it is so bad. Is there anyway to fix this? In the vanilla version, it just stayed on.

1) I don't think so. I'm fairly sure any change to the .xml files invalidates savegames.

2) What the hell are you talking about?

lol.

2) Im talking about the "toggle all resources display button" it goes off after every turn.

lol.

2) Im talking about the "toggle all resources display button" it goes off after every turn.

That's anomalous. I've noticed that the "show resources" toggle tends to start "off" in every new game when using any mod, but it stays on once I turn it on.

Have you used any python mods? Maybe somebody's idea of an "improved UI" included messing this up...

It was fixed for me - it stays on from game to game like I always wanted it to.

It stays on in single player, but in multiplayer it goes off each turn. Even when both players want it on and hence have to click it almost every go.

Top Bottom