Not seeing Videos/display garbled

CivLiberty

Chieftain
Let me preface by saying that my system exceeds the requirments for the game and I have the latest drivers/versions for all necessary components.

When I start the game, I cannot see the intro videos. I didn't give this too much thought, because I figured I could just skip over them and get to the game. I start a new game (which by the way, I am very impressed) and play up until I build my first wonder. When the video comes up for the wonder, it does not show, only garbled lines. When I exit that window and go back to the map, the map is now transparent with what looks like another video running behind it. At this point, the game is unplayable because it is so dang hard to look at.

All of the in-game animations work fine, including the ruler screens, which are very nice. I don't have any issues with the color as others have stated, its just the video issue. I have a feeling it may be something small I am overlooking, but I would appreciate any input that you can give.

I don't know if this will work, but it fixed a similar problem I had with another game in the past.
= Get one of the many video codec packages that is out there, they should contain all the most common video codex's (google 'video codex'). Also restart when you have installed the codex' - and run civ IV again....
(or even better, if you know what video-renderer civ IV uses, try to get some kind of codex from that company... and follow the same procedure...)

Tell me if it works...

Instead of just saying you exceed the requirements for the game, why don't you tell us what processor, memory, video card, driver version, direct x version... etc that you have?

have you run dxdiag? Do you pass both graphics tests therein?
Can you play other videos?

One person suggested that you install a codec pack.. Have you tried divx?

I had the same problem. Download this!

It worked for me. Thought I'd share that before I go off cIVving!! Good luck!

I am having the same issue as the original poster. I am running an Athlon 64 3400+ with XP Pro 64 Bit version. My graphics card is a GT6800. With the latest version of the driver. I have also tried the codecs but those did not work.

As with the poster, everything but the start video and the Wonder movies work fine.

Top Bottom