Novgorodian 1st UHV

ps: faith points. I did several times, to refuse constantly the crusade thus having fp between 0-10 and the pope tend to build buildings anyway.

Diplomatic relations also has a very significant effect on this.

EDIT: Wasn't remembering perfectly.
ATM faith points determine gold gifts from the Pope, while mostly diplomatic relations determine the free buildings.
Will change it so that faith points are an important factor in the buildings too.
Thanks for the feedback, it's a good find :)

Managed to fix the resource counter. Well, rewrote it.
Already up on the SVN.
There might be some minor issues with it when there are multiple cultures around, so please test it out.

I love RFC. Played Novgorod today.

Fur counter ?bug: if you have a single fur in the BFC of two cities, you get double credit for it.

In the pictures, you can see I have 10 furs. I have a settler going north for the 11th (not shown), and here I am pushing south to get the 12th fur.
Spoiler :

When I found a city to get this fur in BFC, it's in the Barbarian borders so I still have 10 furs.
Spoiler :

After capturing the Barbarian (former Kievan) city, my fur counter jumps from 10 to 12, because this single fur is within the BFC of two cities.
Spoiler :

Finally after razing the Barbarian city, the counter goes back to 11 (the city is in the red stability zone, though obviously there is a hit to stability for razing as well).
Spoiler :

This is potentially exploitable in being able to found fewer cities with strategically overlapping BFCs to get this UHV.

Thanks for the feedback!
The issue is strange though, as furs are not counted by cities.
The relevant c++ code in spoilers:
Spoiler :
Code:
// Absinthe: count bonuses inside cultural borders
int CvPlayer::countCultBorderBonuses(BonusTypes eBonus) const
{
   PROFILE("CvPlayer::countCultBorderBonuses");
   CvPlot* pLoopPlot;
   int iCount;
   int iI;
   iCount = 0;

// count all bonuses if on an owned tile
   for (iI = 0; iI < GC.getMapINLINE().numPlotsINLINE(); iI++)
   {
       pLoopPlot = GC.getMapINLINE().plotByIndexINLINE(iI);

if ((pLoopPlot->getOwnerINLINE() == getID()))
       {
           if (pLoopPlot->getBonusType(getTeam()) == eBonus)
           {
               iCount++;
           }
       }
   }
   return iCount;
}
So it goes through the map tile-by-tile, only counting a tile if it's owned by the given civ and has the desired resource.
There should not be any way to count the same fur twice.

The uncertanity might be because of the sometimes strange behaviour of cultural ownership.
The game might count a tile in the background as culturally yours (since you have the biggest culture there after a conquest), while it's still not actually inside your cultural borders.

This would explain the change from 12 to 11. After the conquest, the fur tile between NW of Bryansk counted as yours, but with razing the city it went back.to 11.
About it going to 11 from 10, my guess would be that you actually had 11 furs at that point, but the mainscreen counter wasn't updated to this state, only on the conquest. (updating the main screen counter is "event" based - like opening screens, ending turn, city ownership changes, etc.)
These are just my guesses based on the pics though. Do you have a savegame? Would love to check it, especially if they are wrong and you had 10 furs at the beginning of the turn.

Top Bottom