• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Nuclear Kid reviews all 18 civs

MrCynical said:
I think you might want to rethink your grading system, since you seem to be being over generous. For example, for traits you haven't given any of the above lower than a B, and you've given two leaders A+, despite the fact none of them have the Financial trait. If you rank very mediocre combos like expansive, organised as A+, you're not going to have any grades left for the better ones. Sure, organised is a decent trait, especially for early expansion, but there are better traits, and also traits it works better in combination with. Expansive is a strong candidate for worst trait. +3 health simply doesn't translate into larger cities in practice, since you almost invariably hit the happiness cap before you hit the health cap (and hitting the health cap is far less important anyway).

I guess your kinda right, I see your point and change a couple of stuff.

MrCynical said:
Financial is widely regarded, with very good reason, as the strongest trait. Raw commerce is raw power, and frankly it is a league ahead of all the other traits.

Just because most people regard it as the strongest trait, it doesn’t mean it is. Personally I hold financial as the 2nd weakest trait, almost same rang as creative, better than expansionist, but worst from all the others.
Those who say it’s a league above every other trait is because they always follow the same strategy without any flexibility. Raw commerce doesn't equal raw power. Tech lead by itself doesn’t mean anything; human is smart enough to beat technologically more developed AI. That is, those who are smart enough.
In my opinion almost every other trait gives you a chance to develop your empire better than financial trait does, as it is a really a simple trait that makes you play without too much thinking. Now forget about what i just said, it don't mean anything.

I agree financial is the best trait... and how can you say that it requires no thinking? I think it requires the most thinking to get the best results out of the financial trait... You need to effectively plan your cities growth, which means a lot of farms, while on the other hand, to get the best out of financial you to utilize cottages and water tiles... Finding this balance makes financial useful and also requires more strategy than many of the other traits... I'd say expansive is the worst trait, but I also disagree that creative is a bad trait... +2 culture per city is huge for expanding your borders in the early game... Unless you build stonehenge, your early cities besides your capital do not expand their borders, which makes it more difficult to block off opponents and to access all the cities' tiles...

I personally think Catherine is one of the best leaders in the game, and you regarded her traits of Creative + Financial as two of the worst... I believe these two are excellent and have great synergy

Catherine truly is one of the finest leaders. The creative trait truly shines, ironically, in wartime, when you are seeking a domination win, and are taking over cities on the other continent (or even on any map setting). It is a waste to rush over eight missionaries, three at time, in order to have a chance of spreading it for a measly 1 culture point per turn. Creative gives 2 culture per turn immediately out of revolt, and gives cheap theaters that can be whipped for very little in terms of population. Cultural+Financial and Cultural+Aggressive (although I've never tried the latter) seem to be very powerful combinations.
-jcw

its funny really, when I first started playing civ4 I thought that cathy is simply overpowered. Now I think she's just average (except her UU), plus I can't look at her pixilated ass if I’m choose her. seriously though, I like creative better than financial, but creative is simply not useful when compared to what other traits can offer you at the end. That said Kublai is a lot of fun to play, aggressive being my fav trait.

So would you guys rather me review Russia before the Inca??

For my opinion(s) to be made public

The question is, does the public want to hear your opinions? Is there something for the public to be gained by this? If you don't mind, may i please ask how old you are?

Zombie69 said:
If you don't mind, may i please ask how old you are?

I never like to ask this question. The answer's never anywhere near as satisfying as the one I've imagined in my head. Often times the answer can be downright depressing...

Good point. But i'm not like Cypher (the traitor) in Matrix. I like to know the truth even if it depresses me!

well, by the number of bananas in his signature and menacing "i shall destroy you" i'd say around 10. I might be wrong.

im 13! Bannanna's in the sig was a good Idea at the time

acidsatyr said:
well, by the number of bananas in his signature and menacing "i shall destroy you" i'd say around 10. I might be wrong.

I support Nuclear kid, whats wrong with owning a large quanity of bananas and destroying people? It doesn't mean you're inmature.:lol:

Well, he's also radioactive and is the leader of the United Federation of Droids.

Is it just me or has this thread gone a little off topic?

Interesting reviews, can't say I totally agree, particularly with Saladin who I think is better than C+. Still my opinion.

Would advise you tighten up on the spelling and grammer if Eng is your st language. I'm not that picky myself, it just looks more professional and 'proper' if you do, which would perhaps make people a little more open towards your opinions.

Top Bottom