Nuclear Weapons & Manhattan Project

Even if its a land unit which would otherwise be allowed offense/defense flags?

As Virote noted, that would work, but if the unit has a bombard range = 0 then all AI Strategies are blocked out (you can "cheat" by entering other values before selecting nuke, but I doubt the AI would do anything with these units).

Best,

Oz

Better use it as small wonder for Crusades and later make nukes just available with tech.. it doesn't matter that making this SW obsolete, you still can build units flaged as nuclear weapons (so that nukes are actually already allowed in medieval with crusades.. only then you don't have nukes.. and then make crusaders get obsolete by upgrade.. and in modern times, because crusades SW is already built, it allows nuclear weapons, so you can just make actual nukes available with rocketry or fission or special nuclear weapons tech).. i really have never understood why there's this Manhattan Project wonder.. just takes more time until you can build nukes.

But then again.. has anyone tested, if you give SW the flag to allow building of nuclear weapons, does it give it for all the nations (even if they have not yet built it themselves) or only to the one it has already built it

But then again.. has anyone tested, if you give SW the flag to allow building of nuclear weapons, does it give it for all the nations (even if they have not yet built it themselves) or only to the one it has already built it

If set as a Great Wonder, once built, everyone can nuke away to their hearts' content. If set as a Small Wonder, only a Civ which actually builds it gets nukes.

Best,

Oz

I can assure you that it will only be the civs who've built the small wonder who can build the units! :)

Hmm, if you had a Small Wonder required for nuclear weapons, you could also set it so that only the Small Wonder could produce them. In one of my mods, I have the Manhattan Project set to produce a nuclear weapon every 5 or 10 turns (I would have to go back and check that setting). Or set it so that you needed uranium within the city radius to produce them, similar to the Iron Works requiring both coal and iron within the city radius, not just access to uranium.

Gas weapons in WWI, nukes for WWII, rods from god for the near-to-far future?

Taking this a little farther, chemical warfare using either smoke, burning sulphur, or Greek Fire goes back to Old Testament times, while biological warfare goes almost as far back. Lobbing dead animals, cadavers, and rats into a besieged city was a fairly common tactic. You also had a group of pirates in Asia Minor near Rhodes that liked to lob baskets of poisonous snakes onto pursuing warships to slow the pursuit. Oarsmen did not appreciate getting bitten while rowing. Of course, they did have to collect the snakes. No reports on how many casualties collecting them cost. The tactic was effective however.

I may be kinda new to Civ(2 years) but it seems that in order to biuld nukes you need urainium to do it. The reseach to get this resource isn't in the middle ages, so you can't biuld nukes in this age.

Bomberman2, that is true for the epic game but the discussion here is how the game can be modified with the Civ3Editor to obtain desired effects. Flags such as "nuclear weapons" mean nothing of the kind if they don't actually have bombard capability as was discussed earlier. It does however have the desired effect of making the unit require a small wonder.

Top Bottom