1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Number of Colonization players

Discussion in 'Civ4Col - General Discussions' started by M07, Sep 16, 2013.

1. M07

M07 Prince

It's not really your fault. DoaNE is not really intuitive and for beginner it's really hard to play well. That's why, we only focus the next version of DoaNE on explanations.
    We add alot of informations and we simplyfied some features.

2. Trade Winds

Trade Winds Warlord

I play Medieval Col, I love the research tree among other features.

And from time to time I interchange it with DoaNE because of the ammo and sailor features and RAR because of its richness and the friendly trade route manager (from TAC, I think).

I don’t play vanilla.

3. crawf0rd

crawf0rd The One and Only

I pull out the disc from time to time. Count me in as a vanilla fanatic.

4. Dunpeal

Dunpeal Warlord

TAC and R&R, I love them both :p

5. Ceer

Ceer Chieftain

I still play.

I play both vanilla and Dawn of a New Era.

6. Drakarska

Drakarska Epic Dadness

Interesting. How do you find playing vanilla? I have been unable to do so ever since TAC came out, as I find it far superior.

7. Solitude102

Solitude102 Chieftain

I just played a hot-seat two player game with my brother yesterday. Vanilla version though. I play this game from time to time; it's always fun to go back to. I'm about to try out this 'Dawn Of A New Era' modification. Hopefully it won't disappoint me.

8. M07

M07 Prince

Hi Solitude102, I am glad to read this.
    I think you should not be disappointed, but if it is the first time you play at DoaNE you will have some surprises. A lot of concepts have been changed.
    Some advises, don't choose a too high level of handicap even if you play very well the Vanilla version.
    The automatic trade system of DoaNE is almost identical than Vanilla version. May be it will be a point of disappointment for you. (But we will change this feature on the next version of DoaNE)
    Please, give me your feed back after your game. I am really interested. ;)

9. idle

idle Warlord

I play TAC once in a while, inbetween the Civ4:LoR and SMAC sessions

10. Timsup2nothin

Timsup2nothin Quad B

I always have one game in progress, either BTS, SMAX or TAC...mostly BTS but TAC probably one game in about ten.

11. Havraha

Havraha Chieftain

count me in. I installed it last weekend just from nostalgia, but I installed TAC too. NOW I am doomed. Summary: more 60 hours already played and will stick with it.
    Nation to test, RaR and WW lurking behind, laptop ready for intallation.

12. Yaeri

Yaeri Chieftain

Just finished another game of colonization with the RAR mod. I have an outdated version though. I'm going to download 1.9 now and play again.

13. Core Imposter

Core Imposter Deity

I have joined the club with a game of brown wrapper 1.01. I never played the original game.

For some reason it reminds me of a game called Imperialism 2 from years back.

I will play more and perhaps try one of the community mods. The parts of the game that are good are very good but its so clear that much more could have been done.

The AI is alarmingly bad, though I will not win this first game after being waylaid by a Cherokee uprising I did not see coming. I was watching my European competitors who, it seems, can be mastered by a single privateer.

I do hope the higher difficulty levels prove much more difficult.

14. PatriotNorwood

PatriotNorwood Howdy!

I still play the Vanilla game, and the RaR mod. I hope to try out some others soon. :)

15. gps

gps King

Yes, still giving Vanilla a try from time to time. I never won this silly piece of a game, but intend to do so at least once in my lifetime... ;)

Btw.: Inspired by this thread I actually gave it another try yesterday - and won my very first ever Vanilla Civ IV Colonization game! :band:
    I have to admit it was a rather minimalistic approach - but 15 cannons on a wooded hill plus fierce crowd controll (to keep liberty bell production to an absolute minimum) finally did it. ;)

16. fantsu

fantsu Prince

Been back in this game for around 10 days now (vanilla). Finished three games, lost them all. It seems harder (on revolutionary) than before. I need more practice again.
    :cry:

17. Kendon

Kendon Warlord

I like Colonization for the transport strategy. I'd like to play TAC but I use an iMac and I'm not going to get Windows. Maybe one day I'll inherit an old PC and with luck TAC will still be going.

18. Paul Kersey

Paul Kersey Chieftain

I still play. Just finished a vanilla game. I've never looked into the mods but I'll have to check em out. What is the "transport strategy"?

19. Standish

Standish Chieftain

I am still playing. I am contemplating downloading a mod, but I play vanilla.

20. JoeyB98

JoeyB98 King of Ohio