• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .
Polling is not what criminal trials are all about. It is the jury decision that matters. That decison is coming soon. You are confusing the rule of law with politics. Trump and his enablers want to make everything all about politics even when something isn't. We will have to see later if the jury decision has an impact on the election. The trial is all about falsifying business recoreds to keep damaging information from going public before the 2016 election.

Polling is not what criminal trials are all about. It is the jury decision that matters. That decison is coming soon. You are confusing the rule of law with politics. Trump and his enablers want to make everything all about politics even when something isn't. We will have to see later if the jury decision has an impact on the election. The trial is all about falsifying business recoreds to keep damaging information from going public before the 2016 election.

Admittedly, there is something amusing about the same crowd of people simultaneously claiming that Trump is the victim of a politicized legal system and that "Critical Race Theory" (one of the central claims of which is that the legal system is politicized) is dangerous and wrong

Won't it take seeing how the jury finds before we can know that?
It's plus votes for Trump either way in my estimation. Everyone knew about Stormy before the 2016 election and not many people care about federal election paperwork. It's pretty clear that they had to string stuff together to manufacture a unique case which everyone who doesn't want to get Trump realizes was done just to get Trump. The left just keeps digging the hole deeper in the unending search for a way out.

Admittedly, there is something amusing about the same crowd of people simultaneously claiming that Trump is the victim of a politicized legal system and that "Critical Race Theory" (one of the central claims of which is that the legal system is politicized) is dangerous and wrong
Could you share your definition of critical race theory with us?

It's plus votes for Trump either way in my estimation. Everyone knew about Stormy before the 2016 election and not many people care about federal election paperwork. It's pretty clear that they had to string stuff together to manufacture a unique case which everyone who doesn't want to get Trump realizes was done just to get Trump. The left just keeps digging the hole deeper in the unending search for a way out.
You do not understand how the law actually works do you? BTW, do you have any actual evidence that this trial is one that is manufgactured by the Democratic party?

Hmmm.... any chance you will answer my previous questions?

The Washington Post, which some consider a valid news source, claims that the majority of Americans believe that the Trump probes are about the 2024 election.

I guess that you have disregarded such biased reporting. :lol: I guess i will have to repeat myself: polling is not a legal path; it is a snapshot of opinion. Because polls change regularly, they do them repeatedly.

If WaPo was a biased as you claim, they would never publish such results.

The Stormy story didn't become public until 2018, well after she had aged out of eligibility for America's most beloved harem. I agree that this the weakest of the 4 prosecutions against the husband of the former 3rd lady. Trump is burning way too many snowflakes on his grievance blizzard for this one. America likes Presidents that aren't whiny little ♦️♦️♦️♦️♦️♦️♦️

Stealing from Trump was 'self-help,' Cohen testifies at hush money trial

I bet it felt good, even if he was actually stealing from people who worked for trump

The prosecution's most important and final witness, Cohen acknowledged on his last day of testimony that he pocketed most of a sum of money that was meant for a technology company that did work for Trump's company.

“I just felt it was almost like self-help,” Cohen said.

The Stormy story didn't become public until 2018, well after she had aged out of eligibility for America's most beloved harem. I agree that this the weakest of the 4 prosecutions against the husband of the former 3rd lady. Trump is burning way too many snowflakes on his grievance blizzard for this one. America likes Presidents that aren't whiny little ♦️♦️♦️♦️♦️♦️♦️
Yeah, you are right about that. But we had the Access Hollywood tape and plenty of knowledge of Trump's character before the election. Stormy changed few opinions. She's a non-issue.

Stealing from Trump was 'self-help,' Cohen testifies at hush money trial

I bet it felt good, even if he was actually stealing from people who worked for trump

The prosecution's most important and final witness, Cohen acknowledged on his last day of testimony that he pocketed most of a sum of money that was meant for a technology company that did work for Trump's company.

“I just felt it was almost like self-help,” Cohen said.

It does rather undermine his credibility as a witness.

I am not convinced. A mob bosses henchman spilling the beans does not undermine his credibility as a witness when he talks about all the crimes he did.

Except the defense, in going after the "theft", was undercutting its own theory that the payments were for legal services rendered by highlighting a component of the math that characterized the payments as reimbursements. It's like arguing that the defendant was unarmed and then exposing a witness was lying about the types of bullets the defendant loaded into the gun.

@ Samson and JollyRoger

I doubt that all the jurors can be relied upon to do such subtlety,
many may think that either the witness is honest or dishonest,
and if they conclude dishonest their testimony may be discounted.

But we shall see what the jury decides.

The prosecution set up Cohen as a bad guy from almost minute one of the trial. When he actually took the stand, he probably came across as more measured than the jury expected. At least that what it appears to me from the reporting from various sources.

It's plus votes for Trump either way in my estimation.
The legal system isn't about votes, can't take that into consideration. It's about crimes. If the jury determines that he's guilty, then it's not a "swing and a miss" legally, whatever the political ramifications might be.

Top Bottom