OB07 - The First Shall Be Last

It's a captured elf Champion.

I dial the graphics down to the lowest setting and hope for the best as I load this up. The hell fire is tghe worst cause of issues but the number of troops around doesn't help, hopefully we can thin Charadon's troop level down somewhat.

I see no reason not to use the awesome army of awesomeness straight away and declare on Charadon. I don't move any troops out as I want to see what he brings to me first.

He brings 1 catapult :lol:

2nd turn is more like it as a stack appears next door. I destroy it and move on.

So we then do this.

And plenty more I didn't piccie.

I play 10 turns but realise we're just a turn or two of winning so keep on to this...

Well done all, it was tough going at stages but we got through and kicked butt :goodjob:

Indeed, a great game!

:dance: :band: :dance:

In fact, this is definitely one of the betters SGs that I have had the privilege to play. The mark of a good SG IMO is the discussion and strategizing that takes place between the turns. Unfortunately, ours rather petered off at the end. But for the most part, this thread is chock full of ideas and debates that made me look forward to pulling up the thread. This is especially true in the beginning when we were still trying to get our arms around this new variant idea. I particularly enjoyed reading all of Jet's analysis posts. :goodjob:

A big thank you to Ozbenno! Not only for hosting this game, but also for rekindling my interest in FFH. The mod still has some balancing issues, but its developers have made some marked improvement since our Sheaim game. I've played (and enjoyed) several solo games during the course of this SG, including one as Hyborem. :shifty: He's a bit overpowered in human hands, I think, but what a hoot to play! Started up a Calabim game after Alexis declared on us. Haven't finished it, but it's starting to show some promise ...

Definitely an enjoyable SG and a great set of teammates! :hatsoff:

I didn't think we'd make it as the Infernals. Thanks for the game.

I think we made it exactly because of the Infernals. No Civ is so overpowered given the late game entry... :D

Wow. Great job guys. High to Low can be sadistically hard at times, but you pulled through.

lurker's comment: I've never stepped into the FFH realm, but following this SG has been a lot of fun. Congratulations on the win, and to Ozbenno for his spiffy new position ;)

Thanks Kodii!!

As for another game, I've probably got the time to start up another game and it will be FFH but not sure whether to do another Leader's Tale using the slightly unstable Hannah the Irin, an increasing difficulty (level increases from Noble towards Deity every 50 turns) or another game using the high to low (I think it works reaslly well in a SG setting).

What would get the current crew back into the fray?

Lurker: I don't suspect you consider me part of the "current crew", but I really liked reading the Leaders Tale (and we could get Immac in on it again, he's awesome :thumbsup:). I just don't know that much about Hannah, but Lanun is one of my favourite civs, so I would be happy to join in! And more focus on storytelling is fantastic.

@Oz:

I'd be in for another High to Low - it's a great concept.

Playing Hannah can be fun. Or maybe its I just like OO. :shifty: There is also a thread in the FFH main forum about Basium that makes me wonder if that might be interesting.

Top Bottom