1. Firaxis celebrates the "Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month", and offers a give-away of a Civ6 anthology copy (5 in total)! For all the details, please check the thread here. .
    Dismiss Notice

OCC in Civ6 (One City Challenge)

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Strategy & Tips' started by hollus, Jun 6, 2017.

1. Victoria

Victoria Regina Supporter

Hi 47

Yes, I have been studying this tonight and the chance of being killed is much higher than people think. - spy workings
    Catherines earlier spy and promotions help but not huge amounts. Its interesting what you say about not using another civ.

Yes, a lot more than a short science victory but they also have some luck involved with a good start.The thing with a OCC is it is a lot harder in Civ6 than V to get a good time. Its something just fun as an option from a normal game (whatever that is)

2. Emperorus Maximus

Emperorus Maximus Chieftain

Here's what i tried with OCC: i played on King, standard map, continents. I think with Australia id might have a shot cause you're allowed to LIBERATE cities, preferbly city states, and get 20 turns with 100% production bonus as well as some points with the city state. I managed to get some early Great Marchants with the help of Devine spark pantheon, so i managed to get 4 trade routes even before trade republic. Also managed to get great scientists but gave up on religion. Overall i was doin ok but china china declared war like 3 turns before i could upgrade all my crossbows to field canons so in the end i still came short. Anywat, king difficulty seems veery hard for this, i think its a big step from prince.

3. ggmoyang

ggmoyang King

1.jpg 2.jpg

I tried Mali OCC, Small Fractal map/Deity/Standard speed. Below are my random remarks.

I restarted several times to get a nice position. I got a nice desert range here and got a free envoy on 3 CSs. And there was Kumasi which really helped my culture output.

I wanted to get a Science victory, you can see I already launched the exoplanet expedition. But my science output was too low for those future techs. So I got Culture victory instead with those OP Rock bands. Since my faith is quite limited I waited until hallyu policy but it wasn't too late.

Production wasn't a problem since there are many great people that help space projects. I got both engineer and scientist that gives +100% bonus to space projects so I'm sure my city will complete those laser projects in 1 turn. (And I got those GPs with gold from Rock band)

In the early game, I focused on key wonders like Oracle, Apadana, and Petra. After that, I built some more wonders. I got most of the great engineers and that really helped. Oxford should be a must for the SV, and Sankore would be good enough. Cristo Redentor and Estádio do Maracanã was unnecessary, doing projects would've helped SV a bit.

I got a dark classical age but kept getting golden age till Modern. On Atomic age, I got another dark age but it was actually nice with Robber Baron policy.

Being Mali I could buy everything while building wonders, even enough military to stop Egypt's aggression. (Then I got some nice pillage yield)

In mid-game, an enemy spy neutralized my Pingala which really slowed me down. I tried reloading and placed a counterspy but the spy still succeeded. :/

I got some floodplains outside of the workable range. Flooding still killed pops. Seriously? :/

Last edited: Mar 9, 2019
    agonistes likes this.
  4. agonistes

agonistes wants his subs under ice!

Nice. I consider cultural more difficult than science for a occ, so bravo.

Maybe rock bands have changed this?

5. ggmoyang

ggmoyang King

Spoiler :

20190310230731_1.jpg

Apparently, OCC CV without Rock band is possible if you get an insane starting position... (And there's no culture focused AI)

Here I got first time envoy with 6 CS(s), one of them being Antananarivo. With Apadana I became the suzerain of all of them. And I sold all the diplomatic favor to AI.

I failed to get the Oracle but Kongo's UA was good enough to grab every single writer/artist/musician(s).

Last edited: Mar 10, 2019
  6. Onan

Onan Dad

Haven't read the whole thread but has anyone here tried the OCC mod? Very curious about the "Next Unit Wave in x turns" box at the bottom. The mod wouldn't allow barbs but the box seems to suggest there will be enemies incoming very soon.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2021