Odd delay

Giskler

+1 Sleuthing
I'm experiencing an odd delay every time I select production in a city, certain times when moving units, when founding cities and ending turns. Theres a slight delay, maybe half a second to a second where the game just hangs and then the action happens. This doesnt happen in vanilla and any other mods.

Its starting to get on my nerves now :/

I should point out that this doesnt seem to be happening in 104, only in 105 and 106beta.

CiVUP replaces some buggy or problematic vanilla stuff. The vanilla things are in the game core (coded in c++), which we don't have access to yet, so the mod is coded in Lua. Lua is slower than c++ because it's not compiled as efficiently. There's not much we can do about this until we get access to the game core. I do my best to write code as efficiently as possible to minimize delays, but it's inevitable that things will take a few extra fractions of a second.

Yeah, it's really annoying, especially when manually placing workers into buildings or buying half a dozen buildings for a new/newly captured city. Civ 4 actually had this issue as well for me, but that was on a different processor...

Top Bottom