Office of Exploration

What about S,S...that would put him on a forested hill. Then T+2 we could move him S,SW (next to horses), T+3 W, T+4 SW through the pass.

Well, we should move S no matter what to gain as much intel as possible, but we don;t know where the lion moved to, so ending the turn on that hill might mean that we get attacked, so SSW is probably safer. But moving SW or S then W means that we uncover 1 extra FoW tile on the sea.

Stuie > NW

I'd say that we want a city on plains hill where Stu is fairly soon is, like city 5 or six to claim those bananas and corn; it will also be a good place for a border city. So scouting around this area seems prudent.

Is that corn SW-SW of Stuyvesant?
I'd say NW-SE, staying on defensive terrain. We don't want to lose him to a lion.

Stuie > SW to the hill

Spoiler :

For the love of...looks like we have a couple of difficult choices for Barentz, after his upgrade.

I want to send him south, along the river, for 2 reasons:

1) Rivers lead somewhere interesting.
2) It opens up trade once we get sailing, if one of the others is also on that river.

Well, we could upgrade Barentz on t59, so if we wanted we could bring him home to JD (move 21, then 47, then 8->upgrade to axe) so he'd be on the tile SSE of JD, and ready to scout again on t60, but we'd be waiting a turn until t61 to scout again incase a barb showed up on our borders eot t60 so that we could bring Barentz back to defend our workers.

Well, we could upgrade Barentz on t59, so if we wanted we could bring him home to JD (move 21, then 47, then 8->upgrade to axe) so he'd be on the tile SSE of JD, and ready to scout again on t60, but we'd be waiting a turn until t61 to scout again incase a barb showed up on our borders eot t60 so that we could bring Barentz back to defend our workers.

I agree completely.....

Quick scouting idea; ideally we want Barentz to head straight south to find some other teams. We Also want to uncover food for a possible horse city. With the delay of one turn we can uncover move than half of the possible tiles that hold a food resource that we have not already scouted, if there is a forest tile present. Personally, for the delay of one turn I think it is worth it; it might even be worth falling 2 turns behind to uncover all of the tiles if there are forests in the correct place to scout out hte land quickly.

If there are forests heading to the west and not the east, I sugegst we follow the forests to the west and scout that out hoping the foorests lead us back around to the south asap. If there are forests to the south and not to the west then I would vote to head straight south and screw finding the food; we would be capable of building another scout to do it anyway before we would have to settle a city for the horse. The advantage of scouting out the food now, would mean that the later scout could head south east of JD earlier, or south of CK without having to uncover that land, speeding up later exploration.

Legend: Purple dots = hills, no food possible (Lesson: 3 food tiles are not food tiles. Corrolary: Plains cows, plains hlls deer, sheep are never counted as food resources)

Red border: all tiles within this border are possible tiles that can be worked by a city that also has the horse within the city biorders; they are all eligible to hold food resources necesarry for a horse city to be viable.

Green border: what can be uncovered next turn move SW SW, no deviation from moving south

Orange border: what can be uncovered if there is a forest or jungle to the west

Spoiler :

Attachments

• T65Brentxexplorationplan.jpg
    T65Brentxexplorationplan.jpg
    124.9 KB · Views: 174
I think Barentz should head south...while I want him to head west to scout out the food, I understand that it probably won't be good for scouting out other teams.

Spoiler :

There is water SE-SE-E from Barentsz's current position; do we have any idea whether that is Coast or a Lake?

To my eye it looks like there is land both North and South, but I can't really tell.

I'd be surprised if it was Coast, but it would change the equation...

S certainly - SE after is the obvious choice, but I'm ok with S or SW, depending on what Memphus sees.

One advantage of S-SW is that it stays on the river, and more likely to catch woods for fast travel.

the move after S will most likely be determined or influenced by a possible double move for the nesxt turn :)

Only move that will allow a double move afterwards is, I think, S W, and that moves Barentz to the west; there are no forests S or SE of the pigs; so the only tile tile that could have a forest and allow a double move is SSS of where the axe is now (S of the peak).

Top Bottom