1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

OFFICIAL DISCUSSION: Basic Articles

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Demo Game V: Citizens' started by ravensfire, Feb 3, 2005.

1. ravensfire

ravensfire Member of the Opposition

These are the basic articles in the Constitution. If you've got any changes, suggestions, etc, post 'em here.

Governing Rules:
    CFC Stuff:
    Playing the Save:
    -- Ravensfire

2. Black_Hole

Black_Hole Deity

change:
    to

3. Cyc

Cyc Looking for the door...

The above look good to me. lower forms of Law that may be implemented is just fine by me.

4. YNCS

YNCS Ex-bubblehead

What other "lower forms of Law that may be implemented" are there besides the Code of Laws?

5. mhcarver

mhcarver Newspaper Mogul

the above with BH's changes look fine to me

6. Cyc

Cyc Looking for the door...

Well, let's see....
    Off the top of my head, I can think of Court Procedures. I think that's a GOOD example. Why factor out any other possibilities. Need to put a lock on the ruleset?

7. Black_Hole

Black_Hole Deity

actually I have that included in my constitution proposal(mainly designed for alternate goverment), but since this is DSs idea its still in his PM box

8. ravensfire

ravensfire Member of the Opposition

Agreeing with Cyc - keep it as it is. No reason to limit things. Heck, someone might go nuts and create a CoS!

-- Ravensfire

9. Eklektikos

Eklektikos Eponymous

To some that in itself might be reason enough to wish to use Black_Hole's wording ;)

I, however, am perfectly happy with the original versions of all three of these articles as quoted in the first post.

10. Black_Hole

Black_Hole Deity

but that is the good part, if someone wanted to add a CoS, the constitution would first need to be amended to allow this. So this makes sure a majority of people want a CoS, instead of some small percent that just create a CoS

11. DaveShack

DaveShack Inventor Retired Moderator

The original lower forms of law wording was adopted in a prior DG to head off problems from an even earlier DG from people who tried to say that amending the CoL or adopting a CoS required the same approval level as amending the Constitution.

On the same principle, there are "as prescribed by law" statement sprinked throughout the DG5 constitution to theoretically allow small tweaks like identifying who is responsible for government changes without needing the constitution to be changed. We get so worried about a demogame revolution that we make the constitution hard to change, and then purists point to that and use it to block change when its needed.