OFFICIAL DISCUSSION: Basic Articles

ravensfire

Member of the Opposition
These are the basic articles in the Constitution. If you've got any changes, suggestions, etc, post 'em here.

Governing Rules:
Governing rules shall consist of these Articles of the Constitution, any amendments that follow and lower forms of law that may be implemented. No rule shall be valid that contradicts these Articles.

CFC Stuff:
The Constitution, laws and standards of Japanatica can never be contrary to the rules and regulations of the Civfanatics forums. Moderators may veto any such constitutional amendments, laws or standards.

Playing the Save:
Commission of any game action by any person other than the Designated Player while carrying out their duties that is not instantly reversible without reloading the save is strictly forbidden.
1. Exception: Determining options in the renegotiation of Peace agreements requires an action of acceptance or war to exit the bargain screen. This may be done but the game must be immediately closed without saving.

-- Ravensfire

change:
Governing rules shall consist of these Articles of the Constitution, any amendments that follow and lower forms of law that may be implemented. No rule shall be valid that contradicts these Articles.
to
Governing rules shall consist of these Articles of the Constitution, any amendments that follow and Code of Laws. No rule shall be valid that contradicts these Articles.

The above look good to me. lower forms of Law that may be implemented is just fine by me.

What other "lower forms of Law that may be implemented" are there besides the Code of Laws?

YNCS said:
What other "lower forms of Law that may be implemented" are there besides the Code of Laws?
Well, let's see....
Off the top of my head, I can think of Court Procedures. I think that's a GOOD example. Why factor out any other possibilities. Need to put a lock on the ruleset?

Cyc said:
Well, let's see....
Off the top of my head, I can think of Court Procedures. I think that's a GOOD example. Why factor out any other possibilities. Need to put a lock on the ruleset?
actually I have that included in my constitution proposal(mainly designed for alternate goverment), but since this is DSs idea its still in his PM box

Agreeing with Cyc - keep it as it is. No reason to limit things. Heck, someone might go nuts and create a CoS!

-- Ravensfire

To some that in itself might be reason enough to wish to use Black_Hole's wording ;)

I, however, am perfectly happy with the original versions of all three of these articles as quoted in the first post.

but that is the good part, if someone wanted to add a CoS, the constitution would first need to be amended to allow this. So this makes sure a majority of people want a CoS, instead of some small percent that just create a CoS

The original lower forms of law wording was adopted in a prior DG to head off problems from an even earlier DG from people who tried to say that amending the CoL or adopting a CoS required the same approval level as amending the Constitution.

On the same principle, there are "as prescribed by law" statement sprinked throughout the DG5 constitution to theoretically allow small tweaks like identifying who is responsible for government changes without needing the constitution to be changed. We get so worried about a demogame revolution that we make the constitution hard to change, and then purists point to that and use it to block change when its needed.

Top Bottom