Official Humankind Map Creation Contest: Gedemon's world map won!

Hey everyone,

Let me begin by saying that we're quite excited to see the active discussions about Humankind here on the CFC forum. While I haven't had time to join any of these discussions, we're doing our best to keep an eye on them to take your feedback into account.
Now, for the actual purpose of this thread: While we know many of you are waiting for the modding tools to be available ("Soon™" I'm afraid), the Map Editor is already available, and we want to encourage players to create fun maps to explore, so in collaboration with Intel and Logitech, with are hosting a map creation contest with some pretty beefy prizes. Here's an excerpt from the announcement blog:

Now is the time to show off your map design skills: We are happy to launch the first HUMANKIND™ Map Creation Contest, with a One-of-a-Kind HUMANKIND™ Custom PC made by INTEL, gorgeous Logitech Gaming Gear and other fantastic prizes to win!

You can submit your maps until Monday, September 6th at 6 PM CEST to the HUMANKIND mod.io hub, and you can send as many maps as you want.

The Amplitude’s Team will select the 10 best maps and we’ll reveal the winners during a stream on our official Twitch Channel on September 16th! In addition we will reward the map with the most subscriptions with an additional prize!

Check out the complete prize list and the HUMANKIND™ Map Creation Contest’ terms and conditions below and show us your best maps!

Feeling lost with the HUMANKIND™ Map Editor? Don’t hesitate to have a look to the HUMANKIND™ Map Editor’s Manual, and to connect with the HUMANKIND™ Community on Games2Gether.

Good Luck!

Since I didn't want to stick a massive wall of text here, you can find the instructions how to participate, the full terms and conditions, and the full list of available prizes in the blog on Games2Gether.

P.S. If you have the game on Steam, I recommend you should switch to the Beta_1.2.116 branch, as that patch includes some improvements to the map editor, including better validation tools.

Most important details:
- Deadline September 6
- Eligible are USA/Canada, EU and UK
- The prizes are amazing (yes, below is the main prize)

ContestImage.png

Last edited:
Once again, the best parts of the World are left out.

Once again, the best parts of the World are left out.

"Best" is a judgement call. What can be said pretty definitely is that the parts of the world with the money to spend on games is left in.

"Best" is a judgement call. What can be said pretty definitely is that the parts of the world with the money to spend on games is left in.

I've been in lockdown for over 200 days in the last 18 months. I've got so much expendible cash it's funny!

hope to see some pieces of art thanks to this, the world generator create some beautiful regions already, can't wait to see what people manage to do manually.

and yep, the beta patch is a life-safer for validation of regions.

I've been in lockdown for over 200 days in the last 18 months. I've got so much expendible cash it's funny!

I hear you. I suspect this would be a near-perfect time to attempt to 'crowd fund' a new game . . .

I hear you. I suspect this would be a near-perfect time to attempt to 'crowd fund' a new game . . .

Maybe not crowd fund a game, but just the first 6 months of this year wife and I saved enough for a $30K reno job on the house.

So, buy this stuff instead of needing to win it as a prize? : P

So, buy this stuff instead of needing to win it as a prize? : P

Read my first post in this thread. I'm from the better part of the world that can't enter.

Make a map for Humankind!
Only some of humankind can enter!

I understand the frustrations of not being able to enter a contest (even living in Europe, I sometimes find myself in that position with US-based companies), and as much as we would love to make this contest open to everybody, there are some legal hurdles involved (and probably logistical ones as well) when hosting an international contest like this.
If we find a way to expand the list of eligible countries, I'll make a note of that in this thread, but I have no idea how likely that is (because the closest I ever get to "lawyer" is "rules lawyer," and even that I try to avoid...)

I understand the frustrations of not being able to enter a contest (even living in Europe, I sometimes find myself in that position with US-based companies), and as much as we would love to make this contest open to everybody, there are some legal hurdles involved (and probably logistical ones as well) when hosting an international contest like this.
If we find a way to expand the list of eligible countries, I'll make a note of that in this thread, but I have no idea how likely that is (because the closest I ever get to "lawyer" is "rules lawyer," and even that I try to avoid...)

Your competition covers 881 million people of all of humankind.

Contest for Humankind!
But it's only for 11.2% of humankind.

Very, very VERY disappointing.

Do you guys think we'll mostly see world maps, or more of other areas?
Some maps are just offering themself more, like Europe, UK, Japan, or any other continent separately. But I guess for this game a map of the middle east, cradle of civilization, would also be handy to have.
And a Westeros map maybe :D.

It seems I was a bit late with my ideas above. In fact, there is already a map for Japan and Westeros. Also for Mars (my personal favorite, obviously), the Middle East, and Tamriel.
Guess now people need to get really creative :D.

It's with great pleasure that I come here today to say: We have expanded the list of countries who can participate:
Albania, Austria, Belgium, Belarus, Bosnia, Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Canada, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Gibraltar, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta & Gozo, Monaco, Montenegro, Netherlands, Moldova, Norway, Kosovo, Poland, Portugal, Qatar, Romania, Russia, San Marino, Saudi Arabia, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, USA, Vatican

Unfortunately, we also discovered a technical issue with the map editor that can cause bugs when playing on your maps. Rest assured, those bugs will not have any bearing on your eligibility or the ranking of your map.

thanks for the update.

you guys will have a hard job to rank those maps, I've seen some interesting usage of the height map and natural wonders in the fantasy maps.

It's with great pleasure that I come here today to say: We have expanded the list of countries who can participate:

It might be a good idea to extend maybe the deadline by a few days, so that the new countries have a better chance to participate (after all, a map isn't made in a day...mostly, at least).

Maybe not crowd fund a game, but just the first 6 months of this year wife and I saved enough for a $30K reno job on the house.

Read my first post in this thread. I'm from the better part of the world that can't enter.

I did read that, but since you said you have so much money you can save, I'm saying that instead of complaining you can't get something for free, you could count yourself lucky because you could go out and buy the stuff. Prizes don't have to be fair. I'm often not in a position to partake, but that's just how it is. Publishers have a multitude of reasons not to enter some countries or parts of the world. So be it. But then, if you have enough income to be able to buy things for yourself, why complain about not being able to get smt for free? That's all I meant : )

Moderator Action: Please do not make this personal. Back to the topic of the thread. leif

Last edited by a moderator:
I did read that, but since you said you have so much money you can save, I'm saying that instead of complaining you can't get something for free, you could count yourself lucky because you could go out and buy the stuff. Prizes don't have to be fair. I'm often not in a position to partake, but that's just how it is. Publishers have a multitude of reasons not to enter some countries or parts of the world. So be it. But then, if you have enough income to be able to buy things for yourself, why complain about not being able to get smt for free? That's all I meant : )

Whether I can buy something or not is irrelevant. I bought Humankind. I should be afforded the same chances at prizes as other purchasers of the game.

Sorry @leif erikson . Removed superfulous rant.

Moderator Action: Please do so with civility, appropriate language and through staying on topic for the thread. leif

Last edited:
Top Bottom