Oh no, Civ4!

to pickupbrat
Where did you get this information
Dont say that kind of thing without backing it up. My heart cant take it.
If it is true then I guess its time for me to grow up and give up the video games
There is no way I will buy a PC just to play Civ.
At least I dont think so.
Solomon:king:

Well, I don't have any information to "back it up", but if you're just a littlebit realistic, you'll automaticly know why I know this... Let's just say we have as much chance to get C3C for mac as we did for PTW.

Do I have to remind you that we don't have PTW...

Hey, C3C folks, don't get despondent. We'll get it later this year. Except for the multiplayer stuff from PTW, it's basically a bunch of revamped and modified graphics (in my humble opinion -- and at a long ways distant from Firaxis and Macsoft decision-making).

As I wrote elsewhere, don't expect Civ4 until the 2nd or 3rd quarter of 2005, with a Mac port later still. In the meantime, I predict that many of you will enjoy: C&C Generals (later this month); and Rise of Nations (2ndQ\2004). Our style of games (complex, strategic) is still a niche and won't achieve mega sales unless a game piggy-backs on a major movie or book success ('War of the Ring', 'Troy' anyone?).

I know I'm in a minority but my tastes are single-player, strategic, turn-based (or RTS with pauses), infinitely modifiable games. I love games that allow for extrapolation or what ifs? -- and I still haven't bought MoO3!

Originally posted by Trabpukcip
Let's just say we have as much chance to get C3C for mac as we did for PTW.

Actually, I think we have a much better chance at C3C than PTW - but what do I know. ;)

Originally posted by Brad Oliver

Actually, I think we have a much better chance at C3C than PTW - but what do I know. ;)

But, how can we get C3C and not PTW? Isn't the code enmeshed re: MP?

Dont lose hope or the terrorists have won!!!
I have to suspect that after PTW was released, and we all saw all of those bugs and problems, The programmers got to work on C3C as a measure of
"DAMAGE CONTROL". C3C is much more of a new game than an expansion. Its possible that some of the fresh ideas that were to be the new Civ 4 were incorporated into Conquests in order to appease the ever-critical Civ fanatics. Just a thought, but it would seem that Sid and his team have made some substantial changes to game play.
My point is, I think we will see C3C but not PTW, which is included in conquests anyway.
BTW, the multiplayer game is incredible for those who have yet to try it.
Imagine playing with or against opponents that are as ruthless and unpredictable as you are!!!
I suggest joining a league, or ladder in order to play with the serious gamers. There are no quitters there. you will understand when you get there.
Try www.myleague.com/civ3players
JUST REMEMBER THE NAME SOLOMON!

Originally posted by Brad Oliver

Ok Brad you're pobably right, we have a bigger chance of getting C3C then PTW. But how much bigger? I beleive anyway that this is nearly impossible to predict if you don't have good inside insight... which you might have but won't share...

So I won't keep my hopes up. I prefer to wish for a good civ4 in something like 2 years, just about the same time I will buy a new mac!!!

Originally posted by fasces

Because all the features in PTW is in C3C.

I guess Brad was talking literally about PTW as a separate port. If C3C is ported then we'll get PTW since its included.

I still can't see it having DirectPlay to provide a PC-compatible multiplayer mode, unless somone's managed to find a way to port it and avoid M$ litigation.

Top Bottom