Old Bug Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.
that can happen if you're at war with USSR at the time of Warsaw capture.

Hello again -

PLaying as Germany again version .30. 1939-1945 no Fall of Poland triggered with Warsaw being taken. Also Russia and AI seem to be very passive in this version.

Hello again -

PLaying as Germany again version .30. 1939-1945 no Fall of Poland triggered with Warsaw being taken. Also Russia and AI seem to be very passive in this version.

do you have a savegame from the turn before the capture ?

do you have a savegame from the turn before the capture ?

I don't remember if I saved or not, but I did take 'Vilnius' before in both the v2.9 and .30 before I took Warsaw. In v.29 Chech took Krakow, and Lwow, with Russia taking Pinsk. But, in this new version Russia didn't even invade with one unit, and Chech seems to not be interensted in capturing cities.

Thanks again for the MOD, it is awesome!

I have another problem:

Playing v30 Germany, 1939-1945

The 'Fall of Poland' and 'Fall of France' not triggered events (did not happen when Warsaw and Paris were taken).

All other cues seemed to work. I completed Operation Wessenburg, Russia had its Winter War with Finland and so on. . .

Okay, I went really slowly and it has worked! 1936 as France. I'll be trying others tomorrow to check for sure. Thank you :) It seems it was my doing all along.

So, still good ?

Achille44, does this fix it for you too ?

I think there is an issue with the Tiger/Panther tanks when playing Nazi Germany. I finished the project but i can't build the heavy tanks. Gedemon mentioned it has something to do with the unitlist the scenario uses. Hope this is not the wrong place to tell you...

Playing Earth'42

Yep, still looking good. I tried Russia 1939 yesterday and it crashed at first, but I started again and went extremely slowly and made it through the first turn. You just have to wait about 10 seconds after your taken to another unit.

In my random testing games, I saw that America in 1942 cannot build fighters. But they can build the P-38, and bombers. I'm not sure if any of the projects work, that was a problem I had before too.

Right now I'm playing as Russia in 1939 scenario. I can currently build everything, now I'm just a few turns away from discovering if the projects work. The only bugs I've seen is that the capture of Warsaw was not an event and neither was te capture of Paris. But to me that's not a big issue.

ok, I am following the instructions on page # 1 of this bug blog. I will report tonight if the problem still exists.

Hello - I followed the instructions from page one, and their still was no 'Fall of Poland' triggered when playing as Germany in 1939-1945.

and you've checked the option ?

I still need a savegame from the turn before the event...

can you try with the "restrict AI embarkation" option turned ON please ?

When I started as Russia the first time I had restrict AI embarkation disabled. The second time I left it enabled and it didn't crash. It might have been that or the fact that I told me units to sleep even slower than the first time.

and you've checked the option ?

I still need a savegame from the turn before the event...

Where do i find the save game? If I look into Documents I just find my regular CIV V saves?

Also, I didn't click anything extra in the game preferences. i.e. other events ARE working like the Soviet/Finnish winter war etc. . .

you MUST check "Allow scripted Events" in the setup screen if you want "Fall of France" and other to be activated.

Diplomatic changes (declaration of war, peace, denounciation, etc) are handled differently and always ON.

your saves are here: \Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\ModdedSaves\single

But I need it only if you've checked "Allows Scripted events" and still don't get them in game.

Unfortunately no, I tried it slowly but nothing changes.

When I started as Russia the first time I had restrict AI embarkation disabled. The second time I left it enabled and it didn't crash. It might have been that or the fact that I told me units to sleep even slower than the first time.

And you both have the problem on the 1936 map too with restrict AI embarkation disabled ?

Can you try this for the 1940 scenario:

Open DefinesEuro1940.lua in the "\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\R.E.D. WWII Edition (v 30)\Lua\Europe1940" folder with notepad or another text editor.

Find the line

Code:
{Name = "Sweden army", X = 46, Y = 60, Domain = "Land", CivID = SWEDEN, IsMinor = true, Group = {INFANTRY, INFANTRY, INFANTRY, INFANTRY} },

and replace it with

Code:
{Name = "Sweden army", X = 45, Y = 60, Domain = "Land", CivID = SWEDEN, IsMinor = true, Group = {INFANTRY, INFANTRY, INFANTRY, INFANTRY} },

TIA

And please, I also need some savegames from the turn before a crash on "fall of..." on the 1936 map.

Last time I tried in the 1936 scenario I had restrict AI embarkation disabled, and it didn't work. I tried for the 1940 scenario slowly with restrict AI embarkation enabled and it worked, and I tried with restrict AI embarkation disabled after changing the line in DefinesEuro1940.lua and it worked too.

OK - I restarted my game with the 'allow events' box checked. All is working fine. Sorry for the trouble, I guess there may have been a difference between the v.28-v.30 where that box was automatically checked so I assumed it was checked when it was indeed not (this is in regard to the 'Fall of Poland' and 'Fall of France' events for 1939-1945 scenario).

Thank you for your time, and a great mod!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom