1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Old Bug Reports

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Gedemon, Aug 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

which scenario ?

AI doesn't have more advantage than in normal Civ5 (but that can means a lot if playing deity), except it get "reserve troops" sometimes, and it's at "prince" level regarding the reinforcement system (material/personnel) which can give it a slight advantage for healing units if you play above that level (under Prince you get the advantage)

AFAIK there is a limit set on the 1936 map.

2. kelestra

kelestra Chieftain

36 with america/canada in the west.

3. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

ok thanks, but balance issues are not "bugs" in technical terms, I'd prefer to have balance discussion in the corresponding scenario section. Also it's hard to balance a scenario starting so soon before the war, but T_KCommanderbly is working for solutions in his earth 1936 scenario.

4. Gwynin

Gwynin Warlord

I'm fairly sure that in my singleplayer 1939 game interception worked (except for the xp gain), but now in my 1936 singleplayer game I'm getting slammed due to no interception damage :(

5. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

on all planes ? fast bombers get less damage I think.

6. Gwynin

Gwynin Warlord

Since Im not completely sure how much material the UK get atm its hard to judge, but even the french planes didnt seem to take any 'extra' damage due to interception.

Any idea on a good way to monitor if this is really a bug or just a case of the AI have a ton of material? :)

7. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

the lua log file show the reinforcement at the start of each player turn, you can use that.

8. thecivinator58

thecivinator58 Warlord

Still the isssue with the BF-109f project on the 1939 map. When I play as any nation that is not germany, the f is usally reaserched by January 1941, but it is March 1941 and I still cannot make it.

9. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

The availability of this project is based on the combat XP gained by the Bf-109E, the more of them you have, the more they fight, the quicker you get the project.

10. thecivinator58

thecivinator58 Warlord

Ahh, I see. I am still using v30, so fighters intercepting don't give xp :sad:

11. kelestra

kelestra Chieftain

I'm still suffering from the crash of "Fall-of-X"-Events. What can i do to help you figuring out why this is still happening? I have in mind that somewhere someone wrote that this is caused by certain pcs, but i can hardly believe this. It worked on my machine till an unknown version of game/mod, and then all of a sudden it keeps crashing. So what may help you? Savegame? Lua-logs?

Playing 39-45 alternate history, events, ai+ etc...

12. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

yes, savegame from just before the event please.

13. pdm

pdm Chieftain

Many thanks for this scenario, it's the sort of scenario that should have been included in the game. Unfortunately CIV5 is crashing on me, I've included the relevant save file.
    I'm playing as Italy in the 36 version with just this mod (v30, this is my first version of RED) from the steam workshop loaded on a win7 pro 64bit machine.
    In this turn Germany captures Paris and Vichy France is created. The problem is that the Greeks attack my inf outside Athens which causes it to get promoted and then the game just freezes and I CTD.
    I'll go back a couple of turns to an auto save to see if I can get past this but hopefully you'll get some useful debug info from the save file.
    Cheers

Peter

update: I've played through from the last auto save and it's the fall of France causing the issue. Once Paris is captured and Vichy France created the game crashes, it's just that there is a slight delay which enabled the Greeks to mount an attack before it crashes on the attached save.
    Is the game getting confused because as Italy I've captured some French and French N. Africa cities that go to Vichy France after the fall of France?
    Also I get a message that I'm going to war with Yugoslavia in five turns but we've been at war for a while now already.
    update to update: From the database file in the logs directory I get the following:-
    Spoiler :
    [1533.942] constraint failed
    [1533.942] While executing - 'INSERT INTO ArtDefine_StrategicView(StrategicViewType, TileType, Asset) VALUES(?,?,?)'
    [1537.062] Validating Foreign Key Constraints...
    [1537.062] Invalid Reference on ArtDefine_Landmarks.LayoutHandler - "SPECIAL" does not exist in ArtDefine_LandmarkTypes
    [1537.062] Invalid Reference on ArtDefine_Landmarks.LayoutHandler - "SPECIAL" does not exist in ArtDefine_LandmarkTypes
    [1537.545] Invalid Reference on Leader_MinorCivApproachBiases.LeaderType - "LEADER_SEJONG" does not exist in Leaders
    [1537.545] Invalid Reference on Leader_Flavors.LeaderType - "LEADER_SEJONG" does not exist in Leaders
    [1537.545] Invalid Reference on Leader_Flavors.LeaderType - "LEADER_SEJONG" does not exist in Leaders
    [1537.920] Failed Validation.
    [1538.279]

From the XML file I get:-
    Spoiler :
    [1537.046] **** Validating Game Database *****
    [1537.920] Performing Localization Checks
    [1537.920] Checking Tag Format...
    [1537.920] Note: Tags must only use [A-Z_] characters, start with 'TXT_KEY_', and be under 128 characters long.
    [1537.920] In table Language_en_US...
    [1537.920] Tag (TXT_KEYMODDING_SHOWDLCMODS) does not start with 'TXT_KEY_'
    [1537.935] Validating UnitGameplay
    [1537.935] Number of selection sounds doesn't match number of units.
    [1537.935] Validating Notifications
    [1537.935] Number of notification xml entries does not match enum size
    [1537.935] **** VALIDATION FAILED *****
    [1537.935] Validation Took 0.879387 seconds
    [1538.279] **** Validating Prefetch Process *****
    [1538.279] **** Validation Success *****
    [1538.279] SetGlobalActionInfo
    [1538.279]
    -- SQLite Memory Statistics --
    Memory Usage:
    [Cur] [Max]
    Malloc: 397272 31000416
    PageCache: 4341 4982
    LookAside: 0 0
    Scratch: 0 1
    Static Buffer Overflows:
    [TooLarge] [NoSpace]
    PageCache: 0 27640480
    Scratch: 0 0
    Largest Allocations:
    Malloc: 131072
    PageCache: 1160
    Scratch: 6664
    Prepared Statements:
    Current: 10

Attached Files:

14. kelestra

kelestra Chieftain

View attachment Adolf Hitler - Turn 8 - September 20, 1939.zip

Heres the savegame. You will be able to take Paris next turn when i didn't choose the wrong one.

@edit: added the wrong one, this one is what i wanted to upload. Just move the Infaterie into Paris. The Message that paris is taken appears but i think when the creation of vichy happens or so it crashes...

15. ottoman4u

ottoman4u Warlord

Not sure if this is a bug or not. With the scenario 1939-45 playing as Germany, I can capture Vilnius from Poland before Warsaw. After the 'Fall of Poland' I get to keep Vilnius. . .it doesn't go Russian. I guess I think it should either go Russian or Baltic republic.

16. thecivinator58

thecivinator58 Warlord

Yeah I saw that to

17. kelestra

kelestra Chieftain

To me that's a cool feature that rewards your effort when conquering enemy states. Thats the way i always wanted it to be, so please leave this as it is. :)

What i found out when i tested v31 1939 Europemap as Nazi with noEvents/AlternateHistory/Neurones2AI:

-I had a destroyer deployed to Stettin(?!). When i finished another seaunit in stettin the destroyer was moved to Berlin where i had to kill him myself because i wasn't able to move him away.
    -multiple times theres a bug regarding the shown promotions. Some where shown that can't be true. Like a sea unit promotion "+% vs landunits" on a paratrooper, permanently shown "cou of supplyline" debuff and a lot of other things.
    -ai is bombing cities to zero hp
    -when making peace with USSR all the terretories in russia were resetted to the borders from the beginning (with the nazi/ussr border in east poland).
    -when there is a land and a seaunit deployed in a coastal city, the landunit is not able to attack a nearby enemy without moving the seaunit out of city.
    -still my allies behave like stupid kiddies: they produce no/nearly zero units, they are absolutely passive (except italy gimping around in afrika with 10 units surrounding a city with str of 30 and will take 30 turns to conquer it :sad:) and unable.

Just take into account that there were round about 1 Million soldiers from other countries (finland, italy, romania, hungary, slowaky, number differing from 600.000 and more) that help invading ussr. When i took moscow italy moved troops to russia but except one light tank that was just moving oround without attacking anything nothing arrives at the front. Still italian navy behaves passive and unable to sink a british/french ship.

18. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

No crash for me here, you'll have to play with events deactivated until I found a way to make them works on all computers, sorry.

Thanks, there was too much reports of crash on the 1936 map to be caused only by the above mentioned random crash, but I wasn't able to get enough savegame to help me find the bug...

There was some small error in the 1936 map scripts that caused units to change ownership and move to new plots in the wrong order, or be moved on the wrong plot, causing the crash when the AI get control of them.

Will be fixed in v.31.

19. SpitfireV

SpitfireV Chieftain

Hi Gedemon

I said in another thread that I was having some issues after updating to version 4 of the mod files. Some have passed I think, but I will just say everything for your benefit, no idea if it will actually benefit you :p

So first, I actually had no idea there was an update. It didn't show up, and I went to play and I got all these error loading texture notifications. Then I went back to main menu and went back into mods and all my mods were deleted.

I managed to get them all back after much fiddling around with subscribing and unsubscribing and what not. I noticed then after the mod files re-downloaded that it updated to version 4.

Is version 4 compatible with older saves? And also before I didn't have fall of France issues and now I do.

One other thing, when I play as UK in 1936, French territory is all dark. Is it supposed to be that way?

Will version 31 fix the issue of not being able to build fighters as America?

I can provide some save games or logs if you wish.

Thanks!

20. kelestra

kelestra Chieftain

Hmm. That really sucks. Its more or less gamebreaking and a different feeling to not use these events.
    Does anyone else has an idea what i can try to avoid this crash? Any drivers/options that may cause this event? Like reducing graphics, compatibility xp mode or anything? Is here noone that experienced the same problem and solved it somehow?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.