Old Bug Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gedemon

Modder
Super Moderator
This thread list all the old bugs...

The KV-2 is said to have -25% vs Gunpowder/Artillery but when I attacked it with Artillery, it said "-25% vs Armour" but not when I attacked it with Infantry.

P.S. What do you mean by 'reserved'?

Moderator Action: Moved to Bug Reports thread.

The KV-2 is said to have -25% vs Gunpowder/Artillery but when I attacked it with Artillery, it said "-25% vs Armour" but not when I attacked it with Infantry.

P.S. What do you mean by 'reserved'?

Moderator Action: Moved to Bug Reports thread.

The KV-2 have -25% vs gunpowder units, but no penalty against Artillery.
And the Artillery does have a penalty against armor.

Your unit penalties/bonus are shown on the left side of the preview panel.
for artillery it will show -25% bonus vs Armor
for infantry it will show nothing (it's the KV-2 that has a malus)

The enemy penalties/bonus are shown on the right side of the preview panel.
for artillery it will show nothing (it's the artillery that has a malus)
for infantry it will show -25% bonus vs Gunpowder units

the term "bonus" used by the game is misleading, so refer to the color, green is a bonus for you, red is a bonus for your enemy.

The KV-2 have -25% vs gunpowder units, but no penalty against Artillery.
And the Artillery does have a penalty against armor.

Your unit penalties/bonus are shown on the left side of the preview panel.
for artillery it will show -25% bonus vs Armor
for infantry it will show nothing (it's the KV-2 that has a malus)

The enemy penalties/bonus are shown on the right side of the preview panel.
for artillery it will show nothing (it's the artillery that has a malus)
for infantry it will show -25% bonus vs Gunpowder units

the term "bonus" used by the game is misleading, so refer to the color, green is a bonus for you, red is a bonus for your enemy.
I realised for the penalties but I thought Artillery was gunpowder :confused:

No, Artillery is of "Siege" combat type.

So, there is only 1 gunpowder unit?
I find that odd!

Hey, its me again.
Updatet to v28 like you've told me, now most things work fine, but the 39-45 scenario crashes at turn 58, after almost 8 hours of gaming, any Ideas? Dont want to start a new game. I'm playing as germany and almost captured england, Any other countries which i had to attack where attacked and conquered(poland, france and so on). But now it crashes when i click "next round", got no message except of Civilisazion has stopped working. Also, the big scenarios with america wont work. If needed i would upload this save here. Or a DxDiag or something like that.
Another question, is it normal that, when i invaded britain, and the other lands i had to, and im not in war with russia at this moment, that I win? I'd like to conquer both, but it seems not to be possible.
Thanks for your help, Hevy.

EDIT: Save Adolf Hitler - Turn 58 - February 10_ 1941.Civ5Save

First of all thank you for this mod.

I updated to version v.29

Playing as Germany I noticed that Poland did not fall when Warsaw was captured. Also I believe that Romania and Hungary signed a treaty with Germany in Nov. of 1940 so they should be allied with Germany from that point forward, no?

Thanks again!

Hey, its me again.
Updatet to v28 like you've told me, now most things work fine, but the 39-45 scenario crashes at turn 58, after almost 8 hours of gaming, any Ideas? Dont want to start a new game. I'm playing as germany and almost captured england, Any other countries which i had to attack where attacked and conquered(poland, france and so on). But now it crashes when i click "next round", got no message except of Civilisazion has stopped working. Also, the big scenarios with america wont work. If needed i would upload this save here. Or a DxDiag or something like that.
Another question, is it normal that, when i invaded britain, and the other lands i had to, and im not in war with russia at this moment, that I win? I'd like to conquer both, but it seems not to be possible.
Thanks for your help, Hevy.

EDIT: Save Adolf Hitler - Turn 58 - February 10_ 1941.Civ5Save
Thank you, seems there is a problem with one convoy unit, I'm working on it.

Playing as Germany I noticed that Poland did not fall when Warsaw was captured. Also I believe that Romania and Hungary signed a treaty with Germany in Nov. of 1940 so they should be allied with Germany from that point forward, no?
Which scenario ?

Here is the mediafire link Gedemon. I'm sorry I've only said negative things. The new splashcreens are wonderful, and all the minor fixes I've seen just make it that much better. Thank you for you hard work :)

http://www.mediafire.com/?4t2b6vz9yl5c6yq

Thank you for the log, now a few questions :)

Do you have the extra auto-save option enabled ?

Did you do something during your first turn, or just click "Next Turn" immediately ?

For the others having that "first turn crash" issue, can you also post your logs please ?

Okay, thanks. Yeah, the some of the convoys are selectable, after block each other or getting blocked by british ships.

Okay, thanks. Yeah, the some of the convoys are selectable, after block each other or getting blocked by british ships.

I've released V.30 that should fix the nasty little bug that was provoking that crash, tested with the save you've provided, thanks again.

I sent you my Lua log in the R.E.D. WWII Concepts section at page 51 (I don't know if you saw it). I have the bug with only "AI override" enabled, and I just order to my units to sleep before clicking on "next turn".

Thanks for that little update, now it works very well. Also i did not know, what thes convoys actually do, could you explain it to me? And is it neccesarry to protect them?

I don't have extra auto save enabled

All I do before I press next turn is make all the units sleep. Then I just press next turn. I think it has something to do with another country, because I watch the AI move their units into cities and then it crashes. Maybe it's a bug with a nation or city state? It's just a little hunch.

Hopefully it can be sorted out :)

I press "alert" or sleep, and then press it again as soon as I'm taken to the next unit. I'll start a new game now and try it slowly. :)

Okay, I went really slowly and it has worked! 1936 as France. I'll be trying others tomorrow to check for sure. Thank you :) It seems it was my doing all along.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom