Old West Mod CivFan Thread

Deleting C3C ! :nono:

The scenario is looking great! :)

Last edited:
Background:

Last year, Balthasar invited me to playtest this mod-in-progress, I think as a sort of consolation prize, while I waited for him to finish the graphical updates to @KingArthur's SuperCiv Scenario to his satisfaction.

Today:

However, with Balthasar having passed away recently, it seemed important that his own most recent modding efforts did not simply disappear into the ether, if/when the DropBox link he sent me expires. At the time of posting, Balthasar's DB-link does still appear to be active:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jliq5bkdgp2l85b/The Old West.rar?dl=0 (448 MB)

Please note that (AFAIK) this .rar file is the same one that Balthasar supplied to me back in May 2019: I have not altered or re-uploaded anything myself, nor do I claim any kind of ownership over this mod.

My only concern here is that this beautiful piece of work remain available to the wider Civ3 modding community, and specifically @Vuldacon (if you don't already have the latest version yourself, please think of this as me officially returning custody of it to you!).

That said, if at some point in the future the above link is found to have become inactive, and no-one else has it (and assuming that I'm still active at CivFanatics, and still have the file myself, of course!), I would be happy to set up a replacement-link (just post a notification in this thread, or PM me).

A brief review of the scenario (based on my test run, as the Arizonans):

The .rar file contains (AFAIK! ;) ) everything needed to install the mod. Standard installation procedure applies: unpack the .rar, and place the .biq and "The Old West" scenario-folder into ...Civ3/Conquests/Scenarios/; run the Mod from the Civ-Content menu.

The game starts shortly prior to the American Civil War, and (currently) treats the various fledgeling US States and Native American tribes as separate nations (including various locked Alliances between certain factions). At present, the mod appears to be graphically complete (no crashes or missing files through >50 turns, including plural perusals of the 'pedia), but probably does still require some further play-testing and balancing; the 'pedia is also in need of some(!) revision (documentation is always the last thing anyone does, amirite? ;) )

Last edited:
Top Bottom